Check out this real life exoskeleton

"What it won't do is turn you into a Borg, the gadget-happy gladiators of "Star Trek" fame."

Darn. I was looking foward to running through the streets screaming RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

EDIT: Welcome to the MW Forums SupremeKaioshin.

Edited by UN Spacy

"What it won't do is turn you into a Borg, the gadget-happy gladiators of "Star Trek" fame."

Darn. I was looking foward to running through the streets screaming RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I do that anyways. You don't need an exoskeleton.

Excuse me, there's some men in pretty white suits that want to take me back to my really neat room with the soft bouncy walls.

Is the backpack the battery? Or is there storage space in there? Try walking with that in summer. :lol:

He needs a monitor headset, some stubble, and a forearm keyboard and he'd be a dead wringer for the guy walking around in Lain.

Edited by Anubis

Is the backpack the battery? Or is there storage space in there?  Try walking with that in summer. :lol:

The skeleton's supposed to take away the heavy weight. You'll probably feel as though you were lugging a regular school backpack.

EDIT:

"In lab experiments, says Kazerooni, testers have walked around in the 100-pound exoskeleton plus a 70-pound backpack and felt as if they were carrying just five pounds. "

Edited by SupremeKaioshin

Looks like a geek trying to lug his 2 ton computer to a lan party.

Looks like a G.I Joe action figure with a backpack you stick behind the figure :p

Yeah, one of those ones with the sound buttons on the back. Used to have a couple of those. Cobra Comander would yell "I'll get you!" and stuff like that. :lol:

The LA times article from today ( features same picture) says the the unit itself ways a 100 pounds and the backpack is 70 pounds...however the man wearing the unit feels as though hes carrying 5 pounds...thus weight of the unit itself is of no consequence

Scary thought ...your running with this thing and the battery suddenly fails