Destroid Phalanx in eps 27 ?

mechaban

Ok, in Episode 27 "Love Drifts Away", there is a shot with 3 Blue Phalanx Destroids, a VF-1A CF style and a black and red VF-1A with GBP armor.

Has anyone figure out what is written on their skins?

Whats with the color scheme?

Has anybody done these custom colors with a model?

I used the search function and came up with ziltch.

I apologize if this has been address in the past.

Thanks TWDC. I've studied that pic in the past. The only writting I could make out was Mari Ijima. That one I get.

But Suke(n) Stand?

Doz Merr?

Whys the GBS look funny? Just animated weird?

Why is it missing the Forearm Armor. I guess they were using every available mech. Weather it was complete or not. Anything that could throw a missle.

Still, a black and red VF? Thats just cool.

Oh god, anything but the Ogroid.

I can see where your coming from, but if you look real close its like an amalgam of the two.

The right half of the chest is GBP and the left is more Orgusish.

A pesonal theory to the colors of the Phalanx is that these are the ones stationed to the SDF.

And the brown we always see are the Daedelus squads, hence the symbols on their crotch( the torch and hammer).

It may be far-fetched though.

I'd like to hear what Nanashi or Eganloo think.

probably just my dirty mind kicking in, but that probably says "Sukebe Stand".

Sukebe is a japanese word for something sexual or perverted.... the pilot probably has a dirty mind and his GBP happens to be a stand where much sukebe-ness can be found ;)

just a guess

Sukebe is a japanese word for something sexual or perverted.... the pilot probably has a dirty mind and his GBP happens to be a stand where much sukebe-ness can be found ;)

Kinda like a modern pilot painting "eat this" or "If you can

read this, your dead" on a bomb or missle?

I could buy that.

Kind of like writing "up yours" or "take this up you @$$ Osama" on missles as have been done.

I love the Black and red scheme VF.

Does that say "Soul City" below that missile launcher to the CF's right?

Yep, can't make out the "A" word next to it though.

probably just my dirty mind kicking in, but that probably says "Sukebe Stand".

just a guess

Sure does look like Sukebe Stand.

Vostok 7

Kind of like writing "up yours" or "take this up you @$$ Osama" on missles as have been done.

I'm looking at this pic closer... the "black and red" scheme? ehhh... IMO from the way the red "covers" the 'roid, it looks more like its standing in a shadow and there is some kind of a Red light casting a "glow" on him. Notice how it doesn't stop at the arm-joint, more it kind of extends over the edge. It looks like they were kind of playing with the lighting or something.... I almost want to say it still looks brown, just the effect of the lighting appearing to make it "black and red"

Looking at the Phalanxs... I think they are some kind of variant, they don't have the normal "search light" head. that or somekind of animation error.

who knows maybe the person who did these cells might been on a long Acid trip that week... or colorblind

I'm looking at this pic closer... the "black and red" scheme? ehhh... IMO from the way the red "covers" the 'roid, it looks more like its standing in a shadow and there is some kind of a Red light casting a "glow" on him. Notice how it doesn't stop at the arm-joint, more it kind of extends over the edge. It looks like they were kind of playing with the lighting or something.... I almost want to say it still looks brown, just the effect of the lighting appearing to make it "black and red"

You mean brown (dark brown) or tan as the cannon fodder light brown? If the later: just look at the cannon fodder at the right of the pic. Part of it is in the shadows but you can still see the tan color.

The red extending over the edge of the forearm? Yes, that edge could be also painted red.

This reminds me a lot of the apollo mission pics were some people seems to find evidence of NASA faking the moonlandings :D:D:D

Looking at the Phalanxs... I think they are some kind of variant, they don't have the normal "search light" head. that or somekind of animation error.

who knows maybe the person who did these cells might been on a long Acid trip that week... or colorblind

THere are supposedly 3-4 variants of the Phalanx with different heads out there. This is only one of them. I remember one of the variants has a machine gun head, another with the searchlights horizontal instead of vertical. I'm sure it's out on some RT site out there but I don't know if those were cannon or not...

Although it appears the variants also made it into toy form somehow.

Looking at the Phalanxs... I think they are some kind of variant, they don't have the normal "search light" head.  that or somekind of animation error.

THere are supposedly 3-4 variants of the Phalanx with different heads out there. This is only one of them. I remember one of the variants has a machine gun head, another with the searchlights horizontal instead of vertical. I'm sure it's out on some RT site out there but I don't know if those were cannon or not...

do you mean like Nanashi's

he has several depicted including the blue one

Jeeze, I remember that diorama but I didn't realize how much work he'd put into making it forced perspective. The work just to remodel the Phalanx in the foreground is insane. :blink:

I think the word HAMMO with the face next to it may be

Hammo Sugiura

Born in Aichi prefecture in 1931. He graduated with a major in design from the Faculty of Fine Arts at the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music and went on to become a prolific illustrator and graphic designer. He has received numerous awards including 28th Shogakukan Cultural Prize in Publishing for Children's Books in 1979, the Japan Picture Book Award, Grand Winner's Prize in 1983, and the Graphics Prize at the Bologna Children's Book Fair in 1984. To date he has been involved in designing over 60 titles and has produced approximately 70 original picture books.

Seem to be a buddy of Osamu Tsukasa

I cant find any work he's done though.

girl from daicon 4.

Ah, that goes with the lettering below her: DO IV.

Cool.

The last unsolved thing for me is the words on the crotch of the same Phalanx.

Looks like morikon or morgkun.

Eyes..bleeding..can't squint..anymore...

Cursed...eastereggs...damn you...

Those models (gatling head, etc.) are probably from Macross Hobby Handbook or one of the other Macross modelling books. Which means they're probably just fan customs, probably with little or no basis in the actual animation.

The Phalanx varients are from Macross Hobby Handbook. There's three different models on page 11. The top has a different searchlight. The middle has a tri barrel 55mm cannon. The bottom one has two 25mm Rocket launchers? and a radar unit? On page 39 theres line are of the top two with studio nue written under them. So I believe they're official unused designs.

post-2-1078991527_thumb.jpg

Edited by nathan

Looking at the Phalanxs... I think they are some kind of variant, they don't have the normal "search light" head.  that or somekind of animation error.

Precisely, actually.

What I've always been curious about concerning that scene is where the heck is that on the SDF-1? That is a heck of a concentration of firepower afterall.

Somewhere on the hull...not really important since it can be anywhere? Its like the SDF-1 is peppered by destroids everywhere shooting from wherever they are.

I just remember the scene from DYRL where they showed destroids firing and then little missles appeared from the SDF-1s's chest area (seemingly from nowhere) and everywhere. Heh.