Law, Jude Law

More:

An IMDB source says Barbara Broccoli told employees she had forgiven Brosnan's recent outbursts, as they didn't compare to the friction between her father Cubby and original Bond Sean Connery.

Broccoli reportedly said, "If you knew what my father went through with Sean Connery, that's nothing."

:):):):):):):):)

Maybe they finally smartened up and realized that Brosnan isn't the problem with the current Bond films. Instead, they should focus on actually finding some decent writers and directors. Hell, if he wasn't doing Zorro Returns, I'd say bring back Martin Campbell. Goldeneye rocked.

• 8 months later...

I don't think Bale would ever play Bond. Bond is far too commercial. He turned down Batman until Nolan and others were in place because he thought he could bring a new angle and a dark Batman to the screen. This is the guy who became a near-skeleton for the role of the Machinist and then gained 100 pounds to play Batman in an incredibly short time.

Patrick Batman...err I mean Bateman was a kickass character though.

0051.jpg

Maybe Bond could replace his PP7 with a nailgun.

Another thing in common is that both of them have killed Sean Bean's character in a movie.

Perhaps if it were more of a darker Bond (which has been hinted at but almost completely ignored). The kind that really drinks the vodka martinis to numb the pain of his killing, who is distant from women in order to stay alive, who is out for vengeance for his dead wife...An insanely dedicated killer, patriotic to a fault.

Brosnan has shown a few elements of that side of Bond and it's really a shame he also had to wait 10 years before playing Bond because Roger Moore was hanging onto the role and then contractual obligations with Remington Steele kept him off so Dalton took over. IMHO Steele is a much cooler character than Bond and a younger Brosnan could have exuded that a little better...they also made him look much too old in the later films which I don't understand. Brosnan looks much younger in other films and in interviews when he's more disheveled.

I still think Lazenby's Bond was the most creative, or perhaps it was the storyline because On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the only original Bond film with any poignancy and emotion from Bond because of obvious reasons that I won't spoil.

Edited by ComicKaze

Dolph Lundgren -- Weber (I know, goofy.  But would be fun.)

ANY movie is better with Dolph.

Are you kidding? He is too girly and swave. <_<

Did you know that Dolph holds a Masters in Chemical Engineering???

Maybe he wanted to know about what they were pumping into his body... :unsure:

Dolph Lundgren -- Weber (I know, goofy.  But would be fun.)

ANY movie is better with Dolph.

Are you kidding? He is too girly and swave. <_<

Did you know that Dolph holds a Masters in Chemical Engineering???

Yeah I actually I did know that... My GF has the same Scholarship that he got to study in the US.

I'm surprised Agent One hasn't put himself forward to be the next James Bond :p

But anyway, I still say British Singer Robbie Williams for Bond.

Graham

Well if its going to be Dougray Scott then I actually should show up at the studio and start throwin fools out the window.

Scooper 'Rich' sent us this scoop, which we can't confirm at this time. We can tell you that 'Rich' was the first one to tell us that Kal Penn is actually Luthor's right-hand man, which at first contradicted reports that said he was playing Superman's best friend, but now turns out to be true. If the rest is accurate, there's some big names still to be officially announced for Warner Bros.' Superman:

I have some exclusive casting news on Superman Returns. Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle, Van Wilder) has indeed signed on, as a earring wearing, tattooed punk that serves as Luthor's right hand man.

Famke Janssen's (X-Men 1 & 2, Goldeneye) meeting with director Bryan Singer down under was for Superman Returns, and she has snagged the role of Lora, the birth mother of The Man Of Steel, while Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs Of New York, The Last Of The Mohicans) has gotten the role of his birth father, Jor-El.

As for the other villians, Jude Law (Cold Mountain, Gattaca) has finally signed on as General Zod, and Kevin Bacon (Mystic River, Apollo 13) has signed as John Corbin.

Finally, Barry Pepper (Saving Private Ryan, The Green Mile) has gotten the role of a reporter at the Daily Planet, who becomes Clarke's rival after his return. Expect WB to make these casting bits official in about a week.

Stay tuned for the possible confirmations of these casting bits.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/supermannews.php?id=2559

Apparently, Jude Law will be in superman.

Edited by Ladic

Scooper 'Rich' sent us this scoop, which we can't confirm at this time. We can tell you that 'Rich' was the first one to tell us that Kal Penn is actually Luthor's right-hand man, which at first contradicted reports that said he was playing Superman's best friend, but now turns out to be true. If the rest is accurate, there's some big names still to be officially announced for Warner Bros.' Superman:

I have some exclusive casting news on Superman Returns. Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle, Van Wilder) has indeed signed on, as a earring wearing, tattooed punk that serves as Luthor's right hand man.

Famke Janssen's (X-Men 1 & 2, Goldeneye) meeting with director Bryan Singer down under was for Superman Returns, and she has snagged the role of Lora, the birth mother of The Man Of Steel, while Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs Of New York, The Last Of The Mohicans) has gotten the role of his birth father, Jor-El.

As for the other villians, Jude Law (Cold Mountain, Gattaca) has finally signed on as General Zod, and Kevin Bacon (Mystic River, Apollo 13) has signed as John Corbin.

Finally, Barry Pepper (Saving Private Ryan, The Green Mile) has gotten the role of a reporter at the Daily Planet, who becomes Clarke's rival after his return. Expect WB to make these casting bits official in about a week.

Uh... no he won't.

Read what you quoted.

Uh... no he won't.

Read what you quoted.

ah nevermind, you caught it.

Uh... no he won't.

Read what you quoted.

ah nevermind, you caught it.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

• 2 weeks later...
The Original 007 sued

Why do I get a mental image of him like Jack Nicholson's character from As Good As It Gets...

Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Its been known for years he has a temper. I also read somewhere he beats his wife. Hard to like a guy after hearing that.

James Bond Reloaded?

http://chud.com/news/1686

Verrrryy interesting, if it pans out this way. Could this be the first signs of the Broccoli's loosening their iron grip on the Bond franchise?

Anything but the effects based track they are on now.