I want VF-11C and VF-22

wolfx

Forget GBP. Now that they have released the VF-11B fastpacks, i wish they'd release the VF-11C, otherwise known as the Full armor VF-11 which appeared 2 times in Macross 7. I personally think that the armor looks slick and kick ass!

But the future for this release looks dim, considering that they're still releasing stuff from DYRL and more recently, Macross Zero. I really want to see VF-22s released as well, with a modified sculpt of the YF-21. (considering all the problems it has)

I hear ya. It would take only a minimal changes for each. Moreoever, the parts for the VF-22S are *already sculpted* (See Graham's review). I don't think there are enough problems with the YF-21FP to merit a redesign... maybe ratcheded hips and a revision of the FP covers to include folding landing gear (there's more room in the FP covers than there is in the original leg covers!).

VF-11C some FP changes and a different paint scheme is the only difference IIRC.

The Full armor would be a separate add-on comparable to the GBP (which is essentially what it is... GBP for the VF-11).

And THEN they can do a VF-X VF-17D & S. :)

That's just for VF-X versions... If they want to do M7 and have Max and Milia VF-22S and M7 VF-11C's and Diamond Force VF-17's as well as Emerald Force VF-19's, who am I to argue? :)

Or Bandai could decide to compete and show them how it's done...

Edited by Uxi

The VF-11C isn't just the full armored version. All of the VF-11s in Macross 7 are VF-11Cs. The Full Armor parts are option parts for the VF-11 series, just like the FAST Packs are.

Also, the VF-11C is physically almost identical to the VF-11B. So a VF-11C toy is just a new paint job away :)

But anyway, all that aside, Macross 7 toys, including the VF-11C, with and without armor, isn't likely to happen. Graham's said in the past that Bandai holds the exclusive toy rights to Macross 7, and isn't likely to give them up any time soon.

The VF-22, on the other hand, is possible, because it appeared in the VFX video games. A liscense that is still attainable.

I love the VF-22, but I really wouldn't like to see one based on Yamato's existing YF-21. While not as bad IMO as Yamato's YF-19 in terms of accuracy of the sculpt, it could still benefit from a complete redesign. The YF-21's stubby plane nose really gets to me these days. The VF-22 is such a cool plane that it really deserves a nicer looking more accurate sculpt. And don't even get me started on that abomination that is the Yamato YF-21FP

Of course what I most want to see is the VF-17D/S with FAST Packs in Diamond Force and Miria colors, probably won't happen tho :( Damn you Bandai, you had the Miria VF-17S ready to go, why did you cancel it.....Grrrrr!!!!!! :angry:

And yes, like most fans, I'd also love a Macross 7 color VF-11C with FAST Packs and removeable Full Armor. I feel that the VF-11 is another VF that really deserves a total resculpt from Yamato. Will it happen, sigh I don't know.

Graham

Graham,

How many times do you think I might have to post pics of my scratch build of my VF-11 Full Armor kit for yamato to notice it and pick up the pace and release theirs like they did when I built my 1/60 VF-1D?!? I had my VF-1D out and all of a sudden Yamato announces their VF-1D, after I sent them my parts kit to study, some coinsidence there eh! I will send them this kit as well but damnit I want some RECOGNITION this time! ;) JK

VF-11FAcomp2.jpg

More pics HERE

And yes, like most fans, I'd also love a Macross 7 color VF-11C with FAST Packs and removeable Full Armor. I feel that the VF-11 is another VF that really deserves a total resculpt from Yamato. Will it happen, sigh I don't know.

I guess that depends on how well the YF-19 resculpt sells.

Abomination? The FP is every bit better than my friend's normal version. Just the folding legs made it so much of an improvement in fighter mode...

The rest is just typical Yamato QC... sometimes hit, sometimes miss... luckily I got a hit. :)

Yes a resculpt would be ok, but really I'd have prefered a YF-19FP based on the old sculpt with resculpts to come later. This ungodly delay is making me lose enthusiasm... and I'm thinking the new YF-19 is gonna look out of place compared to the toys its supposed to be with... (and with sales of the YF-21FP and VF-11B FP not apparently marvelous given the good prices both can be gotten at, I'm not expecting resculpts of them for quite some time).

Leave the fancy stuff for 1/60 scale versions... KISS for 1/72 IMO.

How many times do you think I might have to post pics of my scratch build of my VF-11 Full Armor kit for yamato to notice it and pick up the pace and release theirs like they did when I built my 1/60 VF-1D?!?

VF-11FAcomp2.jpg

More pics HERE

Is this a kit for Yamato's VF-11B? Cuz if it is, I'm picking one up RIGHT NOW and will wait for you to release that!

OMG, that is schweeet!

I've had a chance to play with the YF-19a, YF-21 and VF-11B and I have to agree with Graham. I love Mac+ but wish the toys were at least the same quality as the 1/60 Valkyries. Granted those were Yamato's first foray into Macross but I hope Yamato would ditch the old sculpts and modernize the design process in CAD.

If you compare the new VF-0S sculpts to those old Mac+ toys, and knowing both lines would cost approximately the same price NEW, you definately are getting less for your money unless you're hard core for M+ toys.

Edited by Neova

Holy crap, Spiff...that's awesome. Damn how do people scratchbuild stuff.....

Your sculpt looks abit more bulky than I've envisioned though but otherwise its still kick ass.

Is this your completed work? Or a picture for reference?

VF-11fa3.jpg

UXI: can you point me to Graham's review about VF-22S sculpt? I don't see it.

I love the VF-22, but I really wouldn't like to see one based on Yamato's existing YF-21. While not as bad IMO as Yamato's YF-19 in terms of accuracy of the sculpt, it could still benefit from a complete redesign. The YF-21's stubby plane nose really gets to me these days. The VF-22 is such a cool plane that it really deserves a nicer looking more accurate sculpt. And don't even get me started on that abomination that is the Yamato YF-21FP

Of course what I most want to see is the VF-17D/S with FAST Packs in Diamond Force and Miria colors, probably won't happen tho :(  Damn you Bandai, you had the Miria VF-17S ready to go, why did you cancel it.....Grrrrr!!!!!! :angry:

Graham

OMG I had no idea they had Millia's VF-17 lined up too :angry:

That sucks. Why Bandai why? They are releasing stuff from every other show known to man, why not Macross? :(

I would forgive it in part if they would just re-release the damn VF-19S though. I don't care what anyone says, I love the look of the battroid.

Edited by Anubis

Of course what I most want to see is the VF-17D/S with FAST Packs in Diamond Force and Miria colors, probably won't happen tho :(

Jeez, you and me both. I'd have to buy at least three so I could have my own Diamond Force. Hey, I wished for years and years, though, that I could have a really good VF-1S Max, and now that's happening. So maybe if I keep wishing for a VF-17... Gotta keep the faith, I suppose. :)

Holy crap, Spiff...that's awesome. Damn how do people scratchbuild stuff.....

Your sculpt looks abit more bulky than I've envisioned though but otherwise its still kick ass.

Is this your completed work? Or a picture for reference?

It takes lots and lots of time and patience to scratch build. Its not perfect to the anime but I have to design it around Yamato's design (stupid shoulder sliders) other wise it would match the anime much more closely.

The other picture is of the IHP kit I have not finished it, I bought it to use as a reference for building the Yamato full armor. Once I finish that I will build the IHP kit.

I think I will have mine finished years before Yamato would seriously get around to building one of their own full armor for the VF-11.

Crucify me, but I'd like to have a VF-2SS toy. This design is beautiful and deserve recognition. :p

I'd like to see that happen, but will it? As for the VF-22, I wouldn't mind that too as long as they fix the hip problem. The -19FP, just a little more patience and then JACKPOT!!! Btw, great custom Spiff!!!