Yamato 1/100 VF-0S Photos

Graham

Probably around $40

Really? is that USD?

I thought it'd be lower...

I hope the final announced price is lower because some 1/60's can be purchased for $40-50.

$20 - $25 seems reasonable for a non perfect transformation, all pvc, 1/100 scale valk.

Edit: Any higher, and I dont think anyone will want to buy it. Cheap price is probably the only reason most people (already spoiled with the 1/48s) would buy it.

Edited by Nani?!

Does anybody have any info on how $$ will the VF-0 cost??

Probably around $40

The more I think about it, the more I am not liking Yamato's new direction with the VF-0S. Doesn't $40-$50 (w/ shipping) sound way too much for a small toy, without perfect transformation, without diecast, and without folding landing gear? I imagine Yamato will not paint on the decals either since they have not done it so far. I just hope Yamato knows what they are doing.

I think yamato might tampo print the decals since stickers are rarely used on PVC(think gundma fix).

I too donot like the price but I do remember hearing that in fighter mode, its the same size as the VF11. or at least the same height in battroid. Which would be cool but Why am i pessimistic now? meh who knows. Didnt hobbey dengeki fgive the msrp to be 4000yen?

Didnt hobbey dengeki fgive the msrp to be 4000yen?

In all the pics it says the price hasn't been decided yet.

Most speculate that the msrp will be around 3880 yen. Not quite $40, but I'm just rounding numbers in all the wrong places. :)

Edited by imode

Well , at last I have some time to post my comments on the VF-0 :)

First of all , I´m impressed with the level of detail they´ve already achieved in the early crapy prototype , if the current sculpt is anything better than that then I´m really pleased.

Secondly , as we all know and feel , it´s a real shame they decided to go with 1/100 when they could perfectly have gone with 1/72 but I suppose they´ll save that option for the higher quality version (or 1/60 which would be perfect but alas it´s been ruled out by G already so :( ) but seeing this opens a new market for Macross toys (more affordable instead of expensive collection pieces nobody cares to spend so much money into - talking about casual fans or non fans -) I´m hopeful this will serve Yamato for new projects in the future.

On the bright side , IT AIN¨T ANOTHER FREAKING VF-1 !!!.

I´m not overly excited by this new line , it may be cheaper on one hand but on the other it´s not perfect and if I´m gona invest on M0 I prefer to have the real thing instead of something which doesn´t do justice to the mechs.

I´m may buy a OCTOS and VF-0D but that would be it

Hello,

I agree that the VF-0 front landing gear as pictured could definitely have more detail added, but I will wait until the final product is released to judge, but it never hurts to make constructive comments.

As usual Hasegawa continues to impress me, because the SV-51 looks great!

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but Yamato changed the canopy frames on the Max and Millia to black as opposed to blue and red. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Secondly , as we all know and feel , it´s a real shame they decided to go with 1/100 when they could perfectly have gone with 1/72 but I suppose they´ll save that option for the higher quality version (or 1/60 which would be perfect but alas it´s been ruled out by G already so :( )

When did Graham rule out 1/60? I do vaguely remember reading somewhere that Yamato had let it be known that they would concentrate on 1/72 scale in the future, but I can't recall details or the source.

Secondly , as we all know and feel , it´s a real shame they decided to go with 1/100 when they could perfectly have gone with 1/72 but I suppose they´ll save that option for the higher quality version (or 1/60 which would be perfect but alas it´s been ruled out by G already so  :( )

When did Graham rule out 1/60? I do vaguely remember reading somewhere that Yamato had let it be known that they would concentrate on 1/72 scale in the future, but I can't recall details or the source.

I recall Graham saying Yamato would stay away from 1/60 in the Thread when the VF-0 was first revealed and people started bitching and moaning it was 1/100 as well as in the polls related to this topic.

I´ll post some links to those threads when I have some more time , sorry.

Secondly , as we all know and feel , it´s a real shame they decided to go with 1/100 when they could perfectly have gone with 1/72 but I suppose they´ll save that option for the higher quality version (or 1/60 which would be perfect but alas it´s been ruled out by G already so  :( )

Yamato originally told Graham they were interested in making the Mac0 toys in 1/60.

REVISED: 01/22/2003

Macross Zero News

3. Update: Yamato also confirmed they have talked with Big West showing interest that they would like to make transforming 1/60 scale Macross Zero toys(nothing has been set in stone yet as I incorrectly reported before). It's not clear yet how many variants they will make of the two main mecha, but there could possibly be four releases altogether which would be: -

·        VF-0 Focker type.

·      VF-0 Shin Kudo type.

·        SV-51 Nora Polyansky type

·        SV-51 standard type.

Quoted from the newletter here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/news/_news_n052.htm

The rumor of Yamato concentrating on only 1/72 and 1/48 scale was just one of the rumors from Emiko's infamous list.

I´m not overly excited by this new line , it may be cheaper on one hand but on the other it´s not perfect and if I´m gona invest on M0 I prefer to have the real thing instead of something which doesn´t do justice to the mechs.

You know, you're doing exactly what you get mad at us about. ;)

Actually no.

What I said was that i would want higher quality versions of the 1/100 M0 toys , in other words bigger than the 1/100 M0 toys ,BUT I never have (or will) said I wanted those high quality to be 1/48. I still think that idea simply sucks for the majority of consumers.

At this point I´m just hoping for 1/72 version , hopefully Yamato will surprise us and do them in 1/60 scale.

Actually no.

What I said was that i would want higher quality versions of the 1/100 M0 toys , in other words bigger than the 1/100 M0 toys ,BUT I never have (or will) said I wanted those high quality to be 1/48. I still think that idea simply sucks for the majority of consumers.

At this point I´m just hoping for 1/72 version , hopefully Yamato will surprise us and do them in 1/60 scale.

I didn't say anything about 1/48's did I?

I remember you got mad at a lot us when we looked at the 1/60 armored and said we'd pass on it and hope for a bigger better version. Now here you are looking at the 1/100, saying you're going to pass on it and hope for a bigger better version.

Hmmm ya know I dont think we should expect much. I mean they said form the start they wanted this thing cheap and well it is cheap/. Being the size of a VF1B in battroid mode is cool and as long as the materials are sturdy and durable then I have nno problem with it.

So with that in mind considering its price as well...I think its a tad bit overpriced but still not bad. NOw if this was 9800 yen then I would be real pissed.

Actually no.

I didn't say anything about 1/48's did I?

I remember you got mad at a lot us when we looked at the 1/60 armored and said we'd pass on it and hope for a bigger better version. Now here you are looking at the 1/100, saying you're going to pass on it and hope for a bigger better version.

No , people clearly started whining to have a 1/48 version of the 1/60 GBP hence they said they´d pass on it. I mean , since when people here have stopped asking for 1/48 version every time Yamato releaseas a new (non-1/48) product ?

secondly I didn´t get mad at all , all I said was that to secure the production of a 1/48 version people should first see if the 1/60 version sells well otherwise Yamato would assume the GBP isn´t popular at all. Is this what you call getting mad ? people must be really sensitive in your town. ;):rolleyes:

Anyway , I don´t know why people are getting dissapointed so early in the game , Yamato always stated that this new line would aim to be more affordable by making it in a smaller scale , and if that wasn´t enough this is just a prototype and Yamato has already said they would try to improve some of the imperfections.

Just see this toys as some sort of hyper-deluxe M0 banprestos , just as cheap but also just as cool as the M+ toys (with current sculpting advances -CAD/CAM- of course).

just as cheap as banprestos? dude those are like 12$ this thing might be 40-50$

Just as good as macross plus? Those are perfect variable and got diecast.

Now if a perfect variable VF-0 with diecast was made at a bigger scale AT that price point, maybe then I would believe youi.

This thing is meant to be cheap and to me I think made so a whole line could be affordable...while the perfecrt variable if made gets the colllector treatment. See with this cheap ass price point we can get a whole line of enemies and variants and I thhkn GPS add on is possible.

I like the VF-0 sculpt over all. The design appears very similar to the CG models and it looks quite imposing in battroid mode.

Onward with some constructive criticism, I really don't like Yamato returning to the ugly 1/60-style hip construction. It just looks horrible...always has, always will. I'm hoping they'll drop that particular design and create something better. That's about the only feature in this 1/100 scale VF-0 that I have a problem with.

I ope the lgs interlock so they dont fall apart lke the 1/60 I have does. I LOVE the battroid and fighter modes lacking the gear and those big ass leg things near the hip. I cannot wait to see this fully painted and with ALL air to air missles loaded on it! Also I bet the may issues of hobby dengeki and japan have FULL color PAINTED photos od this bastard!

Viava VF-0!!

man...do you all realize ho big the Sv-51 is? thats gonna be freaking AWESOEM looking at this scale!