has gundam interest died in the US?

NERV

Instead of insults and constantly belittling AC, why don't you try something like "Hey, ya wanna see where all this Gundam stuff started out from?  Its pretty cool if you don't mind the older animation!"

Only to get replies along the line of "HEAVYARMZ ROXXORZ!! FIRST GUNDAM SUXXORZ!!", etc... I get jaded really quickly.

Been there, done that, moved on.

Call me an elitist UC jerk, because that's what I am, and nothing will change that. Nothing will also change the fact that many AU fans won't listen.

Edited by Stamen0083

Call me an elitist UC jerk, because that's what I am, and nothing will change that. Nothing will also change the fact that many AU fans won't listen.

And why should they, since what you're telling them amounts to "hey, that show you really like sucks, you should be watching this instead"?

The whole superiority complex UC elitists such as yourself have disgusts me and makes me ashamed to be considered part of the old older Gundam fanbase.

I found Wing so bad it bordered on unwatchable myself, but I didn't take it upon myself to be a complete jerk and basically spit on AU/Wing fans by telling them how bad their favorite show was. I sure as hell didn't tell them to go watch MSG because frankly, that show is frakking terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone let alone modern Gundam fans.

And why should they, since what you're telling them amounts to "hey, that show you really like sucks, you should be watching this instead"?

Well, they say to me "hey, that old show you like really suck because the Gundam doesn't have a Buster Rifle and my HeavyArms can kick its ass and the animation is crappy. You should watch this, and you'll like it better because even though I saw only one Gundam series, I know more than you."

Please.

Why do I keep repeating myself? I thought my point was pretty clear.

Edited by Stamen0083

Any idea when Z Gundam figures will be out especailly the Arch Enemy versions ?

Well, last year Bandai showed off a bunch of Zeta toys at the US toy show. This year none of them were present and were replaced by Seed stuff. Looks like they've ditched the entire line becauase they couldn't get Zeta on Cartoon Network.

They should have tried putting it on TechTV's Anime Unleashed or another network, but I guess they didn't want to risk pissing off CN and its owner, AOL/Time Warner by going to someone else with a show they took a pass on.

Actually a number of the Zeta MSIA are still previewed at the Gundam Official site and according to Toyfare just a few months ago, Zeta figures will be released, but it won't be the massive released originally planned. BUT, I got the impression that if the Zeta figures sell well enough, more of the figures (hopefully the 7.5" figures, too!) would be released.

When the Zeta DVD set and whatever merchandise does hit the store shelves, I would highly recommend buying up the stuff... I know I will. B))

Hmmm... yes some Fans are annoying for both sides it doesn't matter they are both acting childish

Winger- " Gundam Wing OWNZ JOO!!!!11!!"

Uc Elitest- " Ignorant fool UC gundam beats out all other AU shows hands down because they are"

Winger " WTF you talk bout!?!?!? Wing got mad skillzzzz... in Gundam suits!!!"

UC elitest- " Wings desings are way too Unreal UC gundam has much more real designs like the Zakrello"

As for whoever said that V2 gundam was more realistic then suits from AU's you do realize it had wings and spakled and crap right.... ZZ gundam was just as Absurd as Wing I mean a Mega- beam cannon thing in your FORHEAD!!!

Man all you people really need to sit back and look at what you are saying.

Yes some of UC gundam has old animation NO old animation does NOT mean it has a GOOD plot (points at F-91 and ZZ) Good animation does not mean it has a crap plot (points at X).

Also SO WHAT if someone likes Wing!!! Geez I mean come on this is a place where people gather to discuss transforming planes and a girl who sang to defeat 50 foot green men from space. Now wing is "immature how". Also I have nothing against wing but I personally didn't like it. Not because the Gundams were FAR to powerful because I mean ZZ gundma was Just as bad same with V2 but because 3 of the 5 main characters had the personalities of card bourd boxes.

Also someone else said that people only like giant robots because they say them when they were kids??? WTF are you talkign about everytime a new Giant robot show comes quite a few of us macrossworlders crowd around to see what the robot looks like. (Kawamori's new show for example).

Whatever...

P.S. Yes I am too lazy to quote whoever said all the statements above but you know who you are.

In the end watch what you enjoy be it Gundam, macross, Mazinger, Rocko's Modern life, Braveheart whatever just watch what YOU like and determine what you like for YOURSELF.

As for whoever said that V2 gundam was more realistic then suits from AU's you do realize it had wings and spakled and crap right.... ZZ gundam was just as Absurd as Wing I mean a Mega- beam cannon thing in your FORHEAD!!!

V2's wings are not built in. It's an after effect of its propulsion system.

The ZZ Gundam has always been overpowered, but a forehead beam cannon is more realistic than a planet busting Buster Rifle.

In the end watch what you enjoy be it Gundam, macross, Mazinger, Rocko's Modern life, Braveheart whatever just watch what YOU like and determine what you like for YOURSELF.

The world doesn't work that way. Humans have a tendency to want to force their beliefs on others. So...

UC Gundam is the real Gundam.

OK UC fans (FOR UC FANS ONLY)  what`s your top 3 Gundam pilots or characters besides our beloved Char Aznable/Quattro  :) ?

Heero, Basara, and Keith. :p

Wrong timeline, wrong series, and wrong genre, in that order.

Serious consideration of the question: 0.

Edited by JB0

OK UC fans (FOR UC FANS ONLY)   what`s your top 3 Gundam pilots or characters besides our beloved Char Aznable/Quattro  :) ?

Bomba!

Amuro, Kamille, Lala

OK UC fans (FOR UC FANS ONLY)   what`s your top 3 Gundam pilots or characters besides our beloved Char Aznable/Quattro  :) ?

Bomba!

Amuro, Kamille, Lala

Wasn't Lala a Telly Tubby? :p

Graham

Also someone else said that people only like giant robots because they say them when they were kids??? WTF are you talkign about everytime a new Giant robot show comes quite a few of us macrossworlders crowd around to see what the robot looks like. (Kawamori's new show for example).

Yes, but most of the times peoples remain fond of the show they saw first (and usually they start watching animes as children, but not always). For istance, in these same pages someone has said that he watched Gundam Wing as his first Gundam and he still like it today after having seen all other Gundams.

I didn't say they stopped watching robot animes, just their first fav is usually obvious.

FV

The ZZ Gundam has always been overpowered, but a forehead beam cannon is more realistic than a planet busting Buster Rifle.

Well still V2's design is VERY uhhh kid friendly just as much as anything from wing. I mean look at its colour scheme its not dark blue like ZZ and Z but bright yellow and blue also it has shiny pink wings that make sparkles nuff said. Also the wings ARE built in I Look at the back it has these two things sticking out to make these shiny wings of death.

As for a Forehead cannon that can VAPORIZE cruisers and crap and that being more realistic then some HUGE ass gun... right... also I mean maybe I haven't seen enough wing but I don't recall the cannon dudad for Zero being able to destroy the earth but more like destroy a colony.

post-26-1077919274.jpg

Edited by bob joe mac

Well still V2's design is VERY uhhh kid friendly just as much as anything from wing. I mean look at its colour scheme its not dark blue like ZZ and Z but bright yellow and blue also it has shiny pink wings that make sparkles nuff said. Also the wings ARE built in I Look at the back it has these two things sticking out to make these shiny wings of death.

As for a Forehead cannon that can VAPORIZE cruisers and crap and that being more realistic then some HUGE ass gun... right... also I mean maybe I haven't seen enough wing but I don't recall the cannon dudad for Zero being able to destroy the earth but more like destroy a colony.

Yeah, wing zero could wipe out a colony, or separate the gun into it's two parts, wave the thing around like a water hose and destroy everything in the vacinity. All continuous fire. Yeah.

Not many of wing's designs were really realistic (the Gundams at least) but I still enjoyed the show.

Edited by Anubis

Yeah, wing zero could wipe out a colony, or separate the gun into it's two parts, wave the thing around like a water hose and destroy everything in the vacinity. All continuous fire. Yeah.

Not many of wing's designs were really realistic (the Gundams at least) but I still enjoyed the show.

After playing Super Robot Wars, I consider Wing Gundam as Super Robot (same for G Gundam).

OK then... Kou Uraki! :D

No? How about... Monsha!

These two are a micron better than that genocidal nut.

But that don't mean crap, because these two are pretty shitty to begin with. That goes for most of the 0083 cast too.

But I'll be damned if that OVA series doesn't have some of the best damn animation ever.

Those aren't wings on the V2, they're exhaust vents. The V2 uses a miniature minovsky flight system to do away with wastefull vernier thrusters. The pink wings are an after/exhaust effect, not an intentional (within the continuity of course) design of the system.

As for the Wing's buster rifle, any MS can take out a colony, all you have to do is blast a few holes in it, or blow up another MS in it. The buster rifle isn't even remotely necessary.

OK UC fans (FOR UC FANS ONLY)  what`s your top 3 Gundam pilots or characters besides our beloved Char Aznable/Quattro  :) ?

Anyone but that genocidal nut.

OK then... Kou Uraki! :D

No? How about... Monsha!

I love how everyone always blames Char.

How about - The Federation Government - AKA THE Quintessential frakking Goofballs?

"OK, Char, we know you and Neo Zeon dropped an asteroid on our headquarters just yesterday, but we're going to sell you an EVEN BIGGER asteroid that has it's own engines!. Now, don't you be a bad little despot, and try to drop that one on Earth too, OK??"

Of course, the ultimate villain, at least in CCA was Quess of course. Man, the cheers that erupted in the cavernous screening room at Otakon 02 when she got slapped, and then blow'd up. Aaaahhhh. It's awesome Jellyman.