Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Well my wife and I have all the Gold Saints except Dohko, and the only ones we've had problems with are Aiolos, Shura, and Shaka. Aiolos' little piece to secure the wings to his back didn't fit right and I wound up scraping a bunch of gold paint off the little plastic piece by wedging it into place. :p Shura, the cross-eyed thing(or was it eyes going too far apart?). Shaka's legs kept popping off.

The only Bronzes I've had problems with are Cygnus Hyoga v2 and Dragon Shiryu v3. The old Hyoga was from when these first came out and there were a number of qc issues that would pop up. Namely his armor had some trouble fitting. Shiryu v3, well the hair keeps popping apart, and they used paint that rubs off too damned easily.

This is just personal experience. I don't know if this line has a lot of QC problems or what.

In general, the line does have consistant QC issues. While some are misses that appeared on all figures of the same release (like Ikki's reversed toes and crooked buckle), issues like bubbling, paint scratches or bad face paint are kind of random. People picking these up from stores in person has the luxury to hand pick a box with less visual flaws. For us ordering online, we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. Fortunately, these issues aren't big enough to keep fans from buying. Just a bit of a bummer when you find out yours is not as nice as the next guy that paid just as much, if not cheaper...(in Japan or HK).

Finally got the couple Appendix I ordered. They made me very happy and pissed at the same time. Why? Shaka looks so awesome with the new head and neck swap that its becoming one of my favorites in my collection, while Seiya's new head really improved on the already pretty good head. Very nice hair shapes, expressions, and very clean face paint on both. So why am I pissed? The QC on the chrome armor parts are all time low. 4-5 BIG scratches on Seiya's chest armor that can go as long as half across the armor, and they are really deep, like someone literally try to destroy it with an xacto knife and cut through all the chrome layer deep into the plastic. No way I can display it other than with the battle damage shoulder. Image someone who is buyin git not for the parts and just for a nice bust display... Thanks Bandai. Really thanks. Scratches and paint smudge can be found on Shaka's bust too, luckily on parts that not very likely I'll use. And its so sad, got a bunch of scratches and actually considering being lucky...

Damn, that sucks donkey balls. :(

I just got in some Appendixes today that I ordered a while back (took forever for them to arrive). Well okay, I got Seiya, the wife got Saga/Kanon and Radamanthys.

My Seiya is fine. My wife's Saga head has the nose and chin messed up, like the face got smashed into something, or like it got pressed into something before the paint could dry. Radamanthys is fine.

I feel for you mpchi man. Argh, that sucks.

wow, thats not good for either of you. Can u send them back for replacements? i guess im not fuzzy; as long as the fac eis fine and the armour doesnt have overly noticeable flaws im pretty happy. I collected marvel elegends for years; when the leg falls off the toy out of thepacket, THATS when the qc is really poor :D But i hope u can get replacements, especially the face on your Shaka guy, since thats most of the reason to get that bust.

Ive had some arrivals myself! When i started this post (About 2 hours ago before getting swamped at work) i was goin to say my pheonix Ikki arrived l;ast night. WONDERFUL toy. Mine has the reversed toes as well, but i dont think they're that noticable. and in a pinch u can always swap the feet over, since the inlay part isnt that noticable. overall i like him a lot, and put it JUST behind Seiya as my favourite.

AND in the time since i started this post (Its now 30 mins since the last paragraph incidentally) My stuff from toywave arrived! So now i have Sigfried, Orphee and Hyoga to play with tonight! Woohoo!

And finally; a BIG HUGE Shout out to Toy-Wave, for getting those figures to Australia from hong Kong in 3 days, the shortest its ever taken a ythingt o get here. thanx Ken!

Cool dude. Know you've been waiting for all these figures to show up.

I am not going for replacement, especially when HLJ is all out already. :p I'm ok with it, since its just optional armor parts that are messed up, not the new heads. At least I have the original diecast ones if I don't want any 'battle damage' look no more. While HLJ may be willing to swap a set for me, can't guarantee the next set will be better. While I may get a better armor piece, who knows how disfigured the Seiya face might be LOL :p. Unlike stuff like SOC, Bandai don't seem to care as much on the QC of this line, regardless its one of their major money maker in the adult action figure market. Not many of their action figure line has been going this long and this strong. While SIC is also very popular, they never disappears from shelves as fast as the Myths do.

Im watching it, but its the Hong Kong subbed version which is....well...interesting.

So spoil away, I dont mind. Maybe PM me if u ont want others to know :)

So opened my 3 newies last night:

Hyoga: Im a bit let down with the metal content on him, its much smaller than i anticipated it would be. Other than that he looks pretty cool, though i have to leave the front pegs of his shoulder armour unhooked in order to have his arms move forwards. i like the waythe wings attch and his object is pretty cool. overall, im pleased, but not thrilled.

Orphee: He's AWESOME! i love the armour, I love the Lyra he comes with, he's just really cool. great sets of hands, cool head (Though a tad femenine) i havent actually assembled his object with the armour on it yet, but ir looks pretty good without it anyway, so Imnot to worried. jumped into third fav place behind Seiya and Ikki

Sigfreid: I wasnt sure i was going to like him, but I do in the end. The armour is cool, and he has one of the best headsculpts of the figures i have. the armour is awesome and all stays in place well, except the left shoulder, which pops off pretty easily. Overall Im happy with him as well, which I wasn't sure i would be. I sort of went out ona limb a little with him, but he was amoung the cheaper saints, so I figured why not?

So after just over a month of collecting I have 8. And atthis point ive promised Linda i wont by anything for 1 month, so there will be a considerable gap between now and my next purchase (Which I suspect will be Saga and Kanon.

Yup. Saga & Kanon definitely sounds like the next 'gotta have' for you.

In terms of the thing Ikki is wearing, here is the deal...

SPOILER!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Its a braclet that was given to Ikki by Pandora, in order for him to get through the Wall of Sorrow and enter Ellision, where Hades truly lies. Normally, anybody other than Gods would perish right away trying to get to Ellision (they wouldn't have the power to break the Wall of Sorrow to begin with). However, since Pandora is the messenger of Hades, she has this bracelet thing that allows her to travel back & forth. So in order for Ikki to not die instantly crossing the 'void' between the Wall of Sorrow and Ellision, Pandora gave him her special bracelet. So you might ask, so how do Seiya and co. get to pass that 'void' and survive? Cause their Cloths were splashed with Athena's blood by Shion, but not Ikki's. Ikki wasn't around when that happened. In other words, Ikki got gipped in some ways :D, and only got lucky to get this bracelet unexpectedly. Otherwise, he would have died the instant he lays his feet into that 'void' between the Wall and Ellision.

Heres a question; how do u guys display yours? i mean iom keeping mine in armour, since thy look a tad thin without it, but what do u guys do with all the spare heads n hands and bits? And o u keep the objects displayed, or store them?

I display all of them. Well the ones I brought to the US and didn't store away in France. :p Which means I only brought 5 (Dragon Shiryu v3, Aries Mu, Capricorn Shura, Pisces Aphrodite, and Pope Shion).

Although, to be honest, I need to find the stands for them. :p It gets really annoying having them fall over whenever I slam my chair into my desk by accident.

Addition: I left the objects in France. The only object I have is Seiya's since I just got him, and it stays in the box, because I don't care for the objects. The characters look better wearing their armor. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

Mine are all in armor, and with a stand. Even double side taped the bottom of their feet so they don't slide around when I move them. All the hands and parts are in boxes, though I'll swap them into different poses and accessories every once in a while.

hi i have not checked a few pages back but i have seen no mention of these yet they look great.

Silver Myth Cloth Crystal

http://store.imageanime.com/sasesimycl.html

Hades Shun

http://store.imageanime.com/sasehashp.html

chris

Im undecided on Crystal saint. The figure doesnt look to bad, and i didnt mind his appearance in the anime, but im not a huge fan of his armour design. And Crystal isnt a constelation, so he isn't one of Athenas saints anyway. I'll have to see what people think when it comes out.

Hades Shun looks cool, but i think ill pass. Id get pope Shion before id get Hades i think.

Crystal Saint is an Athena Saint (1 of the 88), just that he doesn't have a lot of background, and is one of the few add-on characters only appeared in Anime and not in the manga.

Edited by mpchi

right now i am waiting for my Minos, Pandora and Pope Shion figures, i wonder do you think we will ever see a send a way Athena?

But there is no Crystal constelation. Nor is there a constelation similar to it

Haha :D Thats why people don't like him in general. As well as the Steel Saints that look more like Transformers than Saints. :p Though the 3 Steel Saints are truly man made, not included in the 88 Athena Saints. Though Crystal Saint is one. Why he doesn't have a constellation? Go ask the guy who made him up for the TV show. :p Its one of those plot holes that they have in the series that was never explained.

Well I like how they write him off later in the series. Hyoga calls Camus "the master of my master, therefore you're my master", then later moves it to "my master". Then later in the series he isn't brought up again, and Camus is shown as having been his master in the flashbacks.

I love even more how the Steel Saints are written out of the series. They get on the plane to go to Sanctuary with the Bronzes and Athena. Then they never get off the plane and are never brought up ever again. :)

Athena's Bronzes ate the Steel Saints, and there was much rejoicing. "Yaaay"

Zeo-Mare you bet your butt we'll see an Athena figure some day. Pandora has set a precedent in Bandai's ability to release female figures. They can't not release a figure of Athena. Most likely with her kamui. :) That's gonna be badass. I'll bet it'll be a send away figure, like you were saying. I hope it won't be, that would suck. :(

The good thing with Pope Shion is that he comes with twelve stands. They come in handy.

Well, whilst searching ebay I found THIS, which is interesting. looks to be scaled with the myth cloth figures, but ithis is the only mention of it ive ever seen. curious....

See, if the steel saints do get written out that way, and crystal saintt oo, that woul kind of bug me. I really like continuity, so ill get pissed at it being ignored that way. I dont like the SS's either, but still....kill em or something. have theira armours break. dont just IGNORE them!

It's not a real-deal Bandai Athena. Believe me, we would have heard far in advance, and everything about it looks wrong (besides the inaccurate sculpt, the use of metal pins in the arms).

Well the reason Crystal Saint gets written off that way (he's killed by Hyoga after he get's mind controlled and is turned evil), is because when the writers for the tv series created him as filler, they had no idea that Aquarius Camus was going to be his master. So they kind of wrote themselves into a hole, which they wrote themselves out of later by overwriting his existance and setting things closer to the manga storyline.

From my understanding, the Steel Saints were gimmicks brought about through the urgings of Bandai, so they could try to sell more toys. But the Steel Saints were so unpopular and lame, they hurriedly dropped them (especially because they were ridiculously overpowered and didn't fit in with the tone of the series).

To be honest, I would have preferred their deaths myself. Very unimportan, unimpressive, painful deaths. I really didn't like them. :p It pissed me off that they wasted space in the first Saint Seiya PS2 fighting game by putting them as hidden characters. They could have put in more Silver Saints.

Haha, talking about the Saints that people hate, don't forget thte Ghost Saints, or whatever they were called. I am talking about the 3 bad guys (female boss, and 2 male ugly dudes) with Cloth that actually look just like cloth/tight suit LOL. One is a Jelly fish, the other is a green frog guy or something. Pretty hilarious. :D The female boss turned out to have a pretty face underneath the mask. Though she didn't last very long. These three stooges weren't in the original manga as well. :p

I just saw those guys! i liked the dolphin guy actually, and the chick had very cool looking armour.

Some of them are cool just soley based ont heir awesome looking armour. its one of the reasons I really want the Ban toy; I love the design of the costume, especially the mask.

I generally hate filler story and characters. The only character I like from filler is Dubhe/Dudhe? Siegfried, and I didn't even watch all the way through that arc because I was getting annoyed. :p It helps that he's badass, has a cool armor, and is voiced by Akira Kamiya. :)

While I also dislike fillers in general, the Asgard arc is at least decently done, with some pretty cool characters. I like Siegfrid's look, but somehow I can never remember his moves, even though I've seen that arc at least 3 times. Hargan on the other hand is pretty memorable. Interestingly though, that the main animation team didn't do much of any Asgard arc episodes, other than the first. While the secondary teams did a decent job overall (way better than the early stuff), it still hurt the animation quality a little. Probably the main team was busy doing the feature length movie during that time.

And while we may dislike some of the add-on bits from the TV series, there are also some pretty ridiculous bits from the original source. Not sure if you all know or remember that, all the orphans that were sent out by Saori's Grandpa, and later became the Bronze Saints (as well as the ones that failed). They were all brothers. Yup. Seiya, Shiryu, Ikki, Shun, Hyoga, Jabu, Geki......etc. All bloodline brothers. LOL :D And guess who's the dad? Yup. The mighty Grandpa that went all over the world and have kids with all kinds of women, in order to save the world. Sure he had fun doing so too. :lol: Glad that they took that out from in the TV. Kurumada must be smoking crack coming up with something like that and thought it was cool. :rolleyes:

Edited by mpchi

I think that's why Mitsymasa Kido died. His balls ran dry trying to make an army and his body couldn't take any more of the strain. :p Either that or he got aids.

I'd like to see Saint Seiya Lost Canvas animated. Even though it's the previous incarnations of the Gold Saints (Shion and Dohko being the exceptions), so they look the same with different names, it's been interesting. I prefer the new artist's style over Kurumada's.

I have been thinking that we will start seeing some toys of the other stuff soon, since they must be runnign low on decent characters to produce. still marinas and asgardians i suppose, and silver saints as well. But as lost canvas and Gen g start going for longer i think we'll see more stuff from them.

in fact we may even get a gen g leo head with the upcoming appendix set.

If you want an Episode G Aiolia head, you might have already missed out. Think it came as a bust, with a limited edition of one of the books or manga 'phonebook' about half a year ago. I believe the head actually fits on the Myth Aiolia's body quite nicely. Saw pics of people swapping that head before.

In terms of manga style, I like the late version of Kurumada's, especially on the Cloth, faces and hairstyle. But his action sequences still suck big time. I haven't got too far on Lost Canvas, but think the guy overall is a better artist. Would be ideal to have Kurumada's design sense, but the draftsmanship of the new artist. I guess my favorite is still the look of the anime, with the early OVAs and movies being at the very peak. Having a big budget, with the main team doing all the animation and the two lead character designers doing all the key frames make major differences.