New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

UN Spacy

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this one. Seeing as how FF7 is one of the most loved installment in the FF universe. B)):p:D

Given almost every game is a standalone title, I wouldn't call it a universe.

And I dislike FF7.

Don't hate it(that's reserved for 8), but I'm not very fond of it.

If none of you like it then why even post in a thread with its title all over it. Its obvious that this movie is not being made for you guys.

I on the other hand I'm ecstatic about this. Go FFVII, may your nihilistic view on the world corrupt many more young ones in yer new holy incarnation. :p

Edited by mk16

Not impressed. Clouds voice doesn't match the character at all. I always figured Cloud would be in his early or mid 20s.... but he sounds like he is in his late 30s ealry 40s.

It seems like its going to be 60 minutes of non stop Cloud vs "White haired guy who looks like Sephiroth, who might be a clone, or who might be Sephiroth himself", with a bunch of random flashbacks and clips of what the planet looks like after Meteor hit.

As for the guy in wheel chair.... I vote for Rufus. <_<

PS I might watch the movie just so I can see that cool bike stunt on high res.

Edited by Abombz!!

Could be good or bad plot-wise, (I still think FFVIII's plot was the best, but only if you leave out the everyone-at-the-orphanage part) but I know it will look STUNNING. As to wheelchair-person, didn't Rufus die in the Weapon Attack on Shinra? Maybe it's Hojo, it's been awhile since I played so I can't remember if it showed him dying...

i loved ff7, didn't care for 8, not sure about this movie. i dont' know how good of an idea it is to take a very completed story and add stuff to it. like er.. um.. starwars episode anything less than 4

If none of you like it then why even post in a thread with its title all over it. Its obvious that this movie is not being made for you guys.

For the same reaosn people click on threads that say "Harmony Gold" or "Robotech".

We like to bitch as much as the next guy.

Could be good or bad plot-wise, (I still think FFVIII's plot was the best, but only if you leave out the everyone-at-the-orphanage part) but I know it will look STUNNING. As to wheelchair-person, didn't Rufus die in the Weapon Attack on Shinra? Maybe it's Hojo, it's been awhile since I played so I can't remember if it showed him dying...

You kill hojo a few secs before Rufus is killed by the Weapon. :)

now having seen the new trailer, i'm not impressed. they ditched all sence of style for un-inspired realistic characters. they dont' really look right to me.

Square made its most hard core fan base by useing fantasy characters in a fantasy world. why is it when they pour their money into somthing they go for hyper realistic, wich just totaly clashes with the over the top stuff they try to make the characters do.

i liked square better before they became a j-pop obbsessed graphics juggernaut that wants nothing more than to show off water effects and load as many particles onto the screen as possible.

i problably won't be happy untill yoshi amano is back incharge of concept.

it IS nice to see an homage to a game i really liked, its too bad they're doing it the way they are.

now having seen the new trailer, i'm not impressed. they ditched all sence of style for un-inspired realistic characters. they dont' really look right to me.

Square made its most hard core fan base by useing fantasy characters in a fantasy world. why is it when they pour their money into somthing they go for hyper realistic, wich just totaly clashes with the over the top stuff they try to make the characters do.

i liked square better before they became a j-pop obbsessed graphics juggernaut that wants nothing more than to show off water effects and load as many particles onto the screen as possible.

i problably won't be happy untill yoshi amano is back incharge of concept.

it IS nice to see an homage to a game i really liked, its too bad they're doing it the way they are.

If only they had done a Vagrant Story game instead. ;)

I guess I'm one of the few that actually like FF8.

i like ff8 too. i don´t know why some people hate it.

FF VIII ownz. no two ways about it. its the Best. Damn. FF. EVER. nothing before or after has compared. its a great damn game. i wish someone would make a replica of Squall's Gunblade or the Lionheart. damn, that would be sweet.

all yall haters, tell me it didn't kick ass to see the Ragnarok go in with guns blazing.... :lol::p

I guess I'm one of the few that actually like FF8.

i like ff8 too. i don´t know why some people hate it.

FF VIII ownz. no two ways about it. its the Best. Damn. FF. EVER. nothing before or after has compared. its a great damn game.

It's one of the few games I have derived no enjoyment whatsoever from.

In fact, the only game I've played that's worse than FF8 is Legend of Dragoon.

i wish someone would make a replica of Squall's Gunblade or the Lionheart. damn, that would be sweet.

Lamest weapon ever.

all yall haters, tell me it didn't kick ass to see the Ragnarok go in with guns blazing.... :lol:  :p

I never saw that, so ...

Apparently the reason people hate FF 7 and 8 is because they weren't fantasy enough with cars planes spacships and the like. Personally I liked the sci-fi feel and thats what drew me to FF in the first place. of all the FF I've played I would have to say 9 sucked the worst, its pathetic compared to all the other FF's. second would be FF4 rereleased. The difficulty really hurt what would have been an alright game. If you don't like fighting millions of random battles and battles you can't win don't play this one.

Apparently the reason people hate FF 7 and 8 is because they weren't fantasy enough with cars planes spacships and the like.

And yet I loved Parasite Eve. Ditto for Xenogears.

FF7's story was a trainwreck of plot holes and duct tape.

FF8? They couldn't have made a drier, more cliche story/set of characters if they'd TRIED.

And neither one has much gameplay to fall back on.

of all the FF I've played I would have to say 9 sucked the worst, its pathetic compared to all the other FF's.

And I find that to be one of the best released in the past several years. Even better than some of the SNES ones.

second would be FF4 rereleased.

To be fair, Square's SNES ports suck ass.

The difficulty really hurt what would have been an alright game. If you don't like fighting millions of random battles and battles you can't win don't play this one.

I really think most RPGs need a good boost in difficulty.

If the game doesn't offer me a challenge, I see no reason to play it.

And FF4's battles aren't unwinnable, they just require you to pay a little attention instead of hammering on the fight command as fast as possible.

Edited by JB0

I tried to like FF8. The story was okay but it was the junction, battle and mainly the draw system that took the enjoyment from me. That and the monsters leveling up along side you annoyed the hell out of me. Its really the only FF game that cause such displeasure. I loved FF7, 6, 4. FF5, 9, and 10 were okay. FF1 is the only out of the NES ones I played and I enjoyed. FF8 had a lot of potential but like FFXI it just had to many things that took the enjoyment away for me. Playing X-2 so I really can't say how I'd rate it among the others, haven't had that much time to really get into it. FF4 really has to be my favorite but the rereleases of the SNES games don't compare to the originals. The load times are enough to make me throw something I can't play them on the PS, I have to reconnect the SNES.

Edited by Effect

That and the monsters leveling up along side you annoyed the hell out of me.

That was one of the reasons I liked FF VIII.... The draw system wasn't too tedious, provided you kept your magic power high and used the refining system efficiently...

As a treehugger, I loved the eco-terrorism thing going on in VII... VIII was fun enough, and I enjoyed FF X well enough... enough to buy the sequel, at least.

FF IX is the only FF that I didn't finish... just didn't get into the story enough... and didn't connect with the characters well enough.

Cloud used to look cool with that big head, small body and that stupidly huge sword.

Now he just looks kinda stupid.........................................................................

What's up with Square making all their male characters look so amazingly femme-tastic nowadays?

Well of course Xenogears is the greatest game ever, though it's far from perfect. But anyways, for Square's other series:

In order, I like:

FF6, FF7, FF10, FF9, FF4, FF8, FF1, FF5, Then 3 and 2. (Never beat two, I hate the system worse than junctioning, and I got to a spot where it would be utterly impossible to get past without about 2400 button presses (I needed 4 people to learn Esuna 6, NOW)

My main beef with 8 (in addition to the overall magic system) was the insanely high HP of many regular enemies. Even if you didn't summon, you'd be subjected to 10-minute battles every other fight, simply due to having 25,000HP enemies all over the place.

Cloud used to look cool with that big head, small body and that stupidly huge sword.

Now he just looks kinda stupid.........................................................................

What's up with Square making all their male characters look so amazingly femme-tastic nowadays?

Because female looking male characters are cool. ;)

Ahh, if only I had the willpower to scratch my own eyes out! ! !

:wacko:

Ahh, if only I had the willpower to scratch my own eyes out! ! !

:wacko:

Well... looking female like is cool.... but looking like Ellen Degeners (sp) is not... and I'm talking about Van... the FF12 main male protagonist.

And while I find it a little odd.... I would rather have female looking male characters then have the fan service fest that was FFX-2. <_<