McFarlane Toys HICKS!

As much as i hate to start a thread about hype, the Spawn.com page for the 2004 toyfare has the new Movie Maniacs lineup posted (series 7, i think). supposedly, they have answered my prayers! Colonial Marine Hicks!!

here's the link...no pics yet

but its been anounced!! maybe series 8 will have Vasquez or Hudson!!!

*giggles in USCM Fanboy Delight!!*

I hope he comes with a sharp stick :)

I hope he comes with a sharp stick :)

as long as he comes with an m41 carbine, he'll be tight. ;)

...the ultimate badass. :lol:

Damn, i just noticed they are also making a Texas ChainSaw Massace Erin figure...

...and guess who played Erin in the 2003 version...

<-----Jessica!!

;):lol:

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

Mmmm dropship.

Vostok 7

I'll definitely get vehicles if they make them. The Dropship, Nostromo, The A.P.C. But I know I'm alone when I say I can't stand McFarlane's preposed figures.

OOps I meant Sulaco.

Edited by >EXO<

mcfarlane making vehicles... we can all recall kaneda's bike, eek. I've always been very appreciative of the scults, but the vehicles aren't great.

dammit... you're right!

I think the samurai spawn series is the sweetest of all, btw.

I have one of those... the Lotus one.

mcfarlane making vehicles... we can all recall kaneda's bike, eek. I've always been very appreciative of the scults, but the vehicles aren't great.

dammit... you're right!

I think the samurai spawn series is the sweetest of all, btw.

I have one of those... the Lotus one.

Well I think he could easily pull off a Powerloader. Love or hate the matrix APU, the toy McFarlane made turned out pretty accurate in terms of sculpt. I am hopeful that if he makes a Ripley, it will come with this most important of accessories.

Alright, its about time that the colonial marines made it to the "Movie Maniacs" series. And I'll add my voice to the chorus...I want a Dropship (1/72 or larger) with unfolding missile storage wings, opening payload ramp with removable APC, folding landing skids, rotating VTOL nozzles, in-scale figures, opening cockpit?, the works.

Does anyone remember the the action fleet version of the Aliens' vehicles? Even though they weren't supper accurate, and compromises were made for playability by little kids, they were pretty nice; but today, they fetch way too much money...upwards of $60 USD. I'd love to see a rendition of all the vehicles, especialy the Dropship, made with the adult collector in mind. That would rock!

And here I thought this was going to be a whole line of McFarlanized hicks, rednecks and bumpkins. Aw shucks. :p

I'm sad to say that my heart leapt a little too... when I was under the impression that McFarlane would finally devote a series to hillbillies, mullets, and inbreds.

How freaking awesome would that be? They could come with little shotguns, beer hats, dip spit cups...

Man, I've lived in the South far too long.

OK, gimme the whole squad, and an APC and a Dropship to be sure, that way we don't have to buy those zillion dollar Halcyon models anymore ;) .

Hell, even give me a snivelling Burke figure that I can stick pins into in the hopes that somewhere Paul Reiser will cry out in pain.

But, fellas, they can keep any sort of Ripley figure, Sigourney Weaver is BU-FUGLY, and always has been, so, no little Ripleys for me.

Now, Jonesy the cool ass cat from the first movie? yeah, he rocked!.

and a decked out Ripley (I remember thinking that the 'last' weapon you get in AVP should have been a flamethrower taped to a pulse rifle.)

Don't hold your breath. Weaver has always been a b*tch about the use of her likeness, and won't allow said likenesses to include any guns. Case in point, the otherwise excellent "Ripley" kit Geometric made a few years back. She wouldn't let them include an M41A/flamethrower, even as an option.

and a decked out Ripley (I remember thinking that the 'last' weapon you get in AVP should have been a flamethrower taped to a pulse rifle.)

Don't hold your breath. Weaver has always been a b*tch about the use of her likeness, and won't allow said likenesses to include any guns. Case in point, the otherwise excellent "Ripley" kit Geometric made a few years back. She wouldn't let them include an M41A/flamethrower, even as an option.

Think she would object to her likeness associated with a powerloader? :unsure: