OT: STAR WARS Celebration III (CIII)

B-52 GUNNER

Question Indianapolis, Indiana?

Why Indiana?

No offensive to the good people of Indianapolis but it isn't some city in the US that the entire world has heard about. Why not some major world known city on either the east or west coast?

Why Indiana?

No offensive to the good people of Indianapolis but it isn't some city in the US that the entire world has heard about. Why not some major world known city on either the east or west coast?

Probably because it's the middle of the country... easier driving distance for most folks. Indinapolis is a big city, btw... it's just not Hollywood or New York :)

It's about time folks did something interesting in the middle of the U.S. New York and L.A. get all kinds of cool crap. Let's hear it for middle america! ;)

Why Indiana?

No offensive to the good people of Indianapolis but it isn't some city in the US that the entire world has heard about.  Why not some major world known city on either the east or west coast?

Gen Con LLC and Lucas Film Limited (LFL) wanted a middle grouond area so that people from the west and east coast would be encouraged to attend. Check out Gen Con's official statement about Celebration 3. Personally, I would like to see it in someplace San Deigo or Las Vegas, but I'll essentially plan to go wherever they hold it.

that picture above has 2 dart vaders, 3 bobba fett and so many imperial guards...

I don't know how more geeky can that get...but I think I like it...

Heh, I know what u mean. :ph34r:

I'd certainly be embarassed if I showed up as Darth Vader and there was another one (POSER!). ;) The other Fett's could at least change colors and pretend to be "other" Mandalorians. :lol:

• 1 year later...

Heh, there's like 1 kid in that photo, the rest all look like middle-age guys. That should tell Lucas something about who the real target audience for Star Wars is.

Oh well, it's too late, eps I, II & III are all done.

Perhaps if Lucas changes his mind and films eps VII, VIII & IX he'll film them for a more mature audience, rather than making what are mostly kiddy flicks.

Graham

Heh, there's like 1 kid in that photo, the rest all look like middle-age guys. That should tell Lucas something about who the real target audience for Star Wars is.

Oh well, it's too late, eps I, II & III are all done.

Perhaps if Lucas changes his mind and films eps VII, VIII & IX he'll film them for a more mature audience, rather than making what are mostly kiddy flicks.

Graham

364305[/snapback]

The people that attend those events are a lot diffrent than the average movie-goer.

Check the toy aisle at your local store. I guarantee you that people like us aren't the ones buying flashlights with plastic tubes taped on the ends and Darth Vader voice changer masks.

At best they're true family movies. At worst, they're giant toy commercials. Meesa beg you! Buy me friends!

Check the toy aisle at your local store. I guarantee you that people like us aren't the ones buying flashlights with plastic tubes taped on the ends and Darth Vader voice changer masks.

364318[/snapback]

Hey, I resemble that remark! :D

I was thinking of buying one of those Darth Vader voice changer masks. I've always wanted to sound like James Earl Jones. :D

Graham

364318[/snapback]

Hey, I resemble that remark! :D

I was thinking of buying one of those Darth Vader voice changer masks. I've always wanted to sound like James Earl Jones. :D

Graham

364319[/snapback]

It's fun to wear one and try to sound like James Earl Jones. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than getting the Master Replicas Studio Scale Darth Vader Helmet. The thing is a beauty, but at the going price... Ouch. My little deformed (in comparison) voice changing hunk of plastic does fine.

If only I could see out of it well enough to wear it as my helmet of power while playing counterstrike source... :p

edit: so b-52 met R2-D2, George Lucas, and Rick McCallum. Anyone I missed in that pic?

Edited by Sumdumgai

I`m planning tp get the new SW-Saga collection figures especially The Battle of the Hoth. 

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCfigures.asp

364375[/snapback]

I definitely am getting the Veers. Despite whatever crap the EU wanted to do to Max to make him detestable, the movie Veers was ultimately cool. He was competent (although not challenged at all) and he demonstrated both respect for Vader and for his superior officer (Ozzel, who probably didn't deserve it, but as Admiral of the fleet, it was at least obligatory). Good military man.

Despite it not really looking much like him, I love that this Veers is a 'two for one' bridge officer and ground commander....perfect multiple figure material for my little Imperial display (just wish we could get some highly articulated Snowtroopers...the VOTC Stormtroopers are simply awesome in that you can have them at various version of attention (firearms displayed or not) or throw them into action poses at will.

And we finally get Moff Jerjerrod down the road too!

Anyway, I came for the Veers, but I think I'll need to get Derlin too. Always liked him as a kid, even before I realized that he was Cliffy Clavin! Little know fact that the Bruins played six seasons at Echo Base before moving to the Stadium.

I forgot to post a photo of who I got to meet at CIII.

Sorry for bringing up such an old post.

Scot

Here it is:

364277[/snapback]

Lucas doesn't seem to be too happy in that pic. I guess he wasn't thinking about the thousands he's gotten from just those guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Check out this awesome AT-AT Diorama !

368370[/snapback]

Pretty cool...especially the lighting. The command center's a little wonky on postioning/scale (Veers seemed closer to the drivers in the movie and the whole area seemed less spacious), but I'm not going to complain at all. Sorta dig the Snow-Scouttrooper.

It's sort of shame that there hasn't really been any great, well articulated Snowtroopers. Nearly every version looks like they either have to find a bathroom or are getting ready to line up on the defense. Have a similar issue with my Vader/Emperor shuttle landing shelf...officers and regular stormtroopers are mostly nicely at some form of attention and the Snow and Scout troopers look like they all just wandered out of the bar... complete lack of discipline!

• 2 months later...

so b-52 met R2-D2, George Lucas, and Rick McCallum. Anyone I missed in that pic?

Droid Wrangler Don Bies.

He's the man who made the R2 Builder Group what it is by allowing us to measure the real think.

Sorry for such a late reply.