WcDonald's is Happening

I'm typically of the mind where, "One doesn't mess with the classics".  My nuggets might have had a new packaging last night but they were still dipped in good old Sweet&Sour, been that way since I was getting HappyMeals. 

I went to a work lunch and saw commercials for this on TV. Been a while since I watched a new anime series so I forgot about how often the 'M' was turned into a 'W.'

That said, I only patronize Macrossnald's.

6 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

McDonald's is taking the ball with WcDonald's and running with it.  I don't advocate fast food very much, but the new ginger sauce for the nuggets is tasty.

I tried that sauce the other week and it’s actually pretty good. It leaves a bit of a tingle for a bit afterwards. Not quite as strong as the Mambo sauce did, but more tasty. 
The only drive through we have up here in Crestline is a McDonald’s and even though I’m not a fan, it’s what we got. I didn’t realize the sauce had a tie in to anything 

Yeah, my understanding is just that it's a very common example of this trope:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlandNameProduct

I couldn't even name them if I tried, but I feel like I've seen the same upside-down McDonalds logo in a ton of anime.  Apparently it's common in Inuyasha, and I think it happened in Haruhi as well.  Various series love doing this with all manner of brand names, coming up with misspelled twists like "Espon" printers, "Sanisonic" electronics, "Starbooks Coffee," and I know at least one instance of a computer with a pear as a logo.

How this one ascended into a real life crossover meme I have no idea, but I would be curious to try the different sauces.  I know I've had a type of sweet chili sauce before, but might not be the same thing.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

How this one ascended into a real life crossover meme I have no idea, but I would be curious to try the different sauces.  I know I've had a type of sweet chili sauce before, but might not be the same thing.

They had one that was similar not too long ago that was a sweet chili jam, but it was more jello like and hard to dip the nuggies