1/48 Line

Etrigan

Isn't Yamato planning to release the 1/48 scale versions of the YF-19,YF-21, VF-11, VF-0(Shin/Roy), VF-0A,

VF-0D, SV-51Nora/Ivan, and the SV-52 sometime next year? :huh:

[sARCASM MODE ON]I doubt Yamato would deliberately make us buy the 1/72 toys if they planned on releasing better toys afterall, it´s definitively not in their nature[sARCASM MODE OFF] :rolleyes:

Edited by Aegis!

Isn't Yamato planning to release the 1/48 scale versions of the YF-19,YF-21, VF-11, VF-0(Shin/Roy), VF-0A,

VF-0D, SV-51Nora/Ivan, and the SV-52 sometime next year? :huh:

Eventually. YES. But I don't think we're gonna see the YF-19 until mid 2004. With the VF-0 lineup coming late 2004 or early 2005. We've got a long, long, long way to go.

Plus, the Yamato Monster, Quadelunn Rau, and "dun-dun-duuuuuuuuuuuuuun" SDF-1 coming sometime in the distant future. :ph34r:

Minmay guard, GBP and Angel Birds.

If they're not going to make any of those, please move on to something else in 1/48. The VF-1 is a beautiful valkyrie, but my tolerance of copies is pretty low when it comes to it, especially when they all have the same 1A head. If Yamato wants to make a half dozen variants of a 1/48 Valkyrie, I wish they'd do it with one of the Macross Plus valks. I wouldn't mind buying a whole bunch of Project Supernova YF-19's.

Jeebus Cripes! :blink:

As much as a 1/48 scale YF-19, 21 and VF-11B sounds intoxicatingly appealing to me, I don't want Yamato to release one.

Two major aspects of this is the cost and sheer size.

Sure, it'll be big, badass, highly detailed, and will compliment the 1/48 VF-1's very well, but it's going to cost more than my left nut and @$$ cheek to get one, and unfortunately, other members also have this problem. Some can't even afford to buy multiple 1/60's, how much more a valkyrie that can very well cost 3X or even 4X a 1/60.

Again, I am reminded by that pic that Graham posted, the Club M 1/48 YF-21 chest plate piece next to the Yamato 1/72 scale YF-21. The Club M chestplate piece is bigger/wider than Graham's palm. Imagine how huge that b*tch would be?

As much as a 1/48 scale YF-19, 21 and VF-11B sounds intoxicatingly appealing to me, I don't want Yamato to release one.

Why is it that just because people can't afford them, they don't want Yamato to make them?

Is it because secretly deep down, no matter how much you say you're not going to buy it, you really would buy the thing if it came out and thus putting you on the dark path to financial ruin?

:D

Anyway, it's like the helmet. Yamato's gonna make it, but I'm not gonna buy it. That doesn't make me want them to not make it. Maybe that's just beca use I'm just not interested in it.

Why is it that just because people can't afford them, they don't want Yamato to make them?

Is it because secretly deep down, no matter how much you say you're not going to buy it, you really would buy the thing if it came out and thus putting you on the dark path to financial ruin?

Anyway, it's like the helmet. Yamato's gonna make it, but I'm not gonna buy it. That doesn't make me want them to not make it. Maybe that's just beca use I'm just not interested in it.

I'm generally speaking for myself, and the fact that other members really can't afford a toy of that scale.

Even IF I tried, I wouldn't be able to get one. I'm already having a hard time keeping up with my 1/48 collection, as well as my Chogokin and Ghost In Shell figure collection.

What would be more feasible for me at least, and I am sure, some will agree, is that Yamato do the Macross Plus Valkyries in 1/60 scale. That would the just the right size, and it will be big enough (it should be about the size of the current 1/48 VF-1's) to accomodate the detail, gimmicks, and [possibly] the perfect transformation we area looking for.

Anyways, that's my piece of the pie :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would love to see M+ Valks in 1/48, but I hope they at least get the YF-19 FP out in 1/72 sometime soon... I missed out on Versions 1 & 2 of the -19 because the cost went up too much, so the re-reissue is what I'm all about now.

I've been saying it for ages. Why must people want others to be denied great Macross toys simply because they, themselves don't think they'd be able to afford them?

I also still think that people are greatly exaggerating the size and cost these beauties would be, much like people did with the 1/48th VF-1 toys. Now we have people posting threads talking about how dissapointed they were that the 1/48th was only slightly larger than a Bandai 1/55th.

Let us have our 1/48ths! I want my 19 and my 11 and my 21, not to mention my VF-4 and my VF-5000!

Anyway, it's like the helmet.  Yamato's gonna make it, but I'm not gonna buy it.  That doesn't make me want them to not make it.  Maybe that's just beca use I'm just not interested in it.

I'm generally speaking for myself, and the fact that other members really can't afford a toy of that scale.

Even IF I tried, I wouldn't be able to get one. I'm already having a hard time keeping up with my 1/48 collection, as well as my Chogokin and Ghost In Shell figure collection.

What would be more feasible for me at least, and I am sure, some will agree, is that Yamato do the Macross Plus Valkyries in 1/60 scale. That would the just the right size, and it will be big enough (it should be about the size of the current 1/48 VF-1's) to accomodate the detail, gimmicks, and [possibly] the perfect transformation we area looking for.

Anyways, that's my piece of the pie :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have to agree with you Omni.

The main reason I don´t buy 1/48s is because there isn´t any real variety (unless you consider different colours and heads to be variety ) not because I can´t afford one (I have the economical resources to buy a 1/48 but not a reason to justify such a big purchase for a toy ), that and because I already have a VF-1 toy. I feel tempted to buy a Low-vis now and then but I can´t find any logical reason to spend $100+ in a toy, so I think I´ll wait until the prices go down to $90 or something.

The idea of a 1/48 YF-19 toy is horrendous , not only would it be unnecessarily expensive but it would be unpractical , with almost zero playability (too big to transform by oneself) , too big for display purposes and too heavy (even if it was made entirely out of ABS) for ointernational shipping.

A 1/60 YF-19 would be just as big as the 1/48 VF-1 toy and should have the same amount of detail. I see people making a misconception about a possible 1/48 YF-19 toy thinking it would be the same as a 1/48 VF-1 when in reality it wouldn´t.

I´m not against the idea of a better and bigger version of M+ toys but please don´t make it unnecessarily big and expensive like it would be in 1/48.

The main reason I don´t buy 1/48s is because there isn´t any real variety (unless you consider different colours and heads to be variety ) not because I can´t afford one (I have the economical resources to buy a 1/48 but not a reason to justify such a big purchase for a toy ), that and because I already have a VF-1 toy. I feel tempted to buy a Low-vis now and then but I can´t  find any logical reason to spend $100+ in a toy, so I think I´ll wait until the prices go down to $90 or something.

The idea of a 1/48 YF-19 toy is horrendous , not only would it be unnecessarily expensive but it would be unpractical , with almost zero playability (too big to transform by oneself) , too big for display purposes and too heavy (even if it was made entirely out of ABS) for ointernational shipping.

A 1/60 YF-19 would be just as big as the 1/48 VF-1 toy and should have the same amount of detail. I see people making a misconception about a possible 1/48 YF-19 toy thinking it would be the same as a 1/48 VF-1 when in reality it wouldn´t.

I´m not against the idea of a better and bigger version of M+ toys but please don´t make it unnecessarily big and expensive like it would be in 1/48.

It's one thing to not buy... It's a whole another thing to hope they don't make it at all.

And I'm not sure why everything thinks that a 1/48 would be so unwieldly. It's not like the thing is made out of cast-iron and takes two people just to pick it up. In reality a 1/48 19 wouldn't weigh too much more than a VF-1. People hear that it's X meters longer than a VF-1 and go, "woo, too big!", when in actuality it only translates into a longer fuselage. And while we don't know if it will be as detailed as a VF-1, there's no real reason why it wouldn't be. And I'm pretty sure you have no real proof that one wouldn't be either.

Also, I don't see how people can justify buying nearly 20 1/60's and then call the 1/48 expensive... (not directed towards you Aegis :) )

Edited by imode

well people, once i graduate Riddle (in about 8 years) I'm gonna build a 1/10 scale VF-0 to test out GERWALK mode (w/o the arms) just to see if it'll work without endangering human lives.

The main reason I don´t buy 1/48s is because there isn´t any real variety (unless you consider different colours and heads to be variety ) not because I can´t afford one (I have the economical resources to buy a 1/48 but not a reason to justify such a big purchase for a toy ), that and because I already have a VF-1 toy. I feel tempted to buy a Low-vis now and then but I can´t  find any logical reason to spend $100+ in a toy, so I think I´ll wait until the prices go down to $90 or something.

It's one thing to not buy... It's a whole another thing to hope they don't make it at all.

And I'm not sure why everything thinks that a 1/48 would be so unwieldly. It's not like the thing is made out of cast-iron and takes two people just to pick it up. In reality a 1/48 19 wouldn't weigh too much more than a VF-1. People hear that it's X meters longer than a VF-1 and go, "woo, too big!", when in actuality it only translates into a longer fuselage. And while we don't know if it will be as detailed as a VF-1, there's no real reason why it wouldn't be. And I'm pretty sure you have no real proof that one wouldn't be either.

Also, I don't see how people can justify buying nearly 20 1/60's and then call the 1/48 expensive... (not directed towards you Aegis :) )

You haven´t got any proof of how light it would be in 1/48 either as it hasn´t been produced yet. ;)

As I´ve said it earlier , I´m not against an improved , more detailed and bigger version of the YF-19 or YF-21 or VF-11 but I think a 1/60 would be big and detailed enough (as big as the beloved 1/48 VF-1 ) for all of those people that are satisfyed with the current 1/48 line.

thin about it , 1/60 M+ toy = just as good as 1/48 VF-1 toy (specially if they use CAD/CAM this time). ;)

Why wouldn´t Yamato be able to do just as a good job if they had to work with something of the same size as they have done with the 1/48 valks ?

Don't you find it kinda strange though, when all your toys are in differing scales?

Not really , I´m just interested in the level of detail and articulation as well as features , and to me a 1/60 YF-19 would be just as good as the 1/48 VF-1.

Furthermore , If they made a 1/60 YF-19 , it would be just as big as the VF-1 in 1/48 so it wouldn´t look too shocking like the 1/72 YF-19 vs a 1/48 VF-1.

Edited by Aegis!

I'm big on having my Valkyries in scale. The one thing that annoys me most about all the Macross toys out there is the lack of a single scale in which to get everything.

Yamato has already decided to drop the 1/60 scale and go 1/72 with the Macross Zero toys, so you could get the Macross Plus and Macross Zero toys in a single scale, but then you have these oversized 1/60 scale VF-1Xs that don't look right next to them.

The 1/48 scale is supposedly the Uber Collector's scale, and for those of us that languish over such details, I think they should go for it. Not all at once, of course. I'd be happy if we only saw two 1/48 releases a year, be much easier to budget that way.

I also didn't go crazy with the 1/60 scale picking up everything I could get, and now I have a lot of cash handy that I wouldn't mind blowing on the much more impressive (in my not-so-humble opinion, anyways) 1/48th line, including non-VF-1X Valkyries such as the VF-4 and the Macross Plus designs.

There is a significant number of Macross fans that feel the same way and would snatch up 1/48th scale Macross Plus toys in a heartbeat. I imagine there would be even more willing to get them once it became common knowledge that these toys would not be so unwieldly and expensive as some people seem to believe.

I have to agree with imode

There's really something wrong when you sincerely hope Yamato won't make these toys, depriving the rest of us a wonderful thing, simply because you don't think you'd be able to afford it.

I'm big on having my Valkyries in scale. The one thing that annoys me most about all the Macross toys out there is the lack of a single scale in which to get everything.

Yamato has already decided to drop the 1/60 scale and go 1/72 with the Macross Zero toys, so you could get the Macross Plus and Macross Zero toys in a single scale, but then you have these oversized 1/60 scale VF-1Xs that don't look right next to them.

Amen on that, Radd. If Yamato wants to make the M0 toys in a different scale that's still OK, just don't change track by making the original Destroids in something other than 1/60. That would totally suck. If they want to keep making oversized toys, that's fine too - but they've got to realise that the primary customer base in Japan doesn't have all that much space at home in the first place. I don't think even Bandai can sell a full range of 1/24 scale HY2M Mobile Suits.

Kinda makes me wonder if Yamato is gambling too hard on their 1/12 scale Votoms toys. Marmit's future 1/48 scale series is closer to the mark for covering a wider range of AT designs.

wtf?....it's gonna look so much smaller than the 1/60 vf-1's :( well i hope they at least scale down (or is it up?) so it'll at least be the same size as the current 1/60 vf-1's.....i'll just be really disappointed if they really do go down with the 1/72....it just wouldn't go well with my vf-1 :(

i shouldn't complain though....either way i'm gonna end up bying one anyways :p

uhh....i'm talking about the vf-0 lol if u can't tell :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

wtf?....it's gonna look so much smaller than the 1/60 vf-1's :( well i hope they at least scale down (or is it up?) so it'll at least be the same size as the current 1/60 vf-1's.....i'll just be really disappointed if they really do go down with the 1/72....it just wouldn't go well with my vf-1 :(

i shouldn't complain though....either way i'm gonna end up bying one anyways :p

Actually, the VF-0 is substantially bigger than the VF-1, that's whay it's going to be 1/72, to make it about 1/60 VF-1 sized. I suppose the VF-0 is more F-14 sized, where the VF-1 is more of a F-16.

wtf?....it's gonna look so much smaller than the 1/60 vf-1's

Just to clarify, the VF-0 is larger than the VF-1. Straight from the compendium:

VF-0: Length overall: 18.69 m

compared to:

VF-1- Fighter mode:

Wing span: fully extended 20° 14.78 m

VT-1C (estimated), fully extended 14.78 m

swept backward 42° 12.12 m

overswept backward 72° 8.25 m [8.75 m]

in stowage position at 122° 4.70 m

Length overall: 14.23 m

So, a 1/72 scale VF-0 isn't going to look as out of scale with the 1/60 VF-1 as you might think! After all, the YF-19 (which is smaller even than the VF-0 at 18.62 m) is in 1/72 scale and it doesn't look tiny compared to the 1/60 VF-1's.

...Now just imagine the size of a 1/48 scale VF-0! :blink:

wtf?....it's gonna look so much smaller than the 1/60 vf-1's  :( well i hope they at least scale down (or is it up?) so it'll at least be the same size as the current 1/60 vf-1's.....i'll just be really disappointed if they really do go down with the 1/72....it just wouldn't go well with my vf-1 :(

i shouldn't complain though....either way i'm gonna end up bying one anyways  :p

Actually, the VF-0 is substantially bigger than the VF-1, that's whay it's going to be 1/72, to make it about 1/60 VF-1 sized. I suppose the VF-0 is more F-14 sized, where the VF-1 is more of a F-16.

D'oh! ..Beat me to the punch! ;)

...Now just imagine the size of a 1/48 scale VF-0! 

Ouch ! , I can see it now :ph34r: , BIG VERY BIG , I wouldn´t mind buying one I guess , but if the 1/72 VF-0s are really gonna be the definitive version of the VF-0 then I´ll be satisfyed with that.

I really don´t care what scale they´re in as long as I know that´s the best thing I can get and is affordable within common sense.

I wonder if Yamato would make a AFOS as well ?

Ouch ! , I can see it now :ph34r: , BIG VERY BIG , I wouldn´t mind buying one I guess , but if the 1/72 VF-0s are really gonna be the definitive version of the VF-0 then I´ll be satisfyed with that.

I really don´t care what scale they´re in as long as I know that´s the best thing I can get and is affordable within common sense.

Hey, the idea pf an AFOS is actually pretty cool! I don't think it would be in valk scale, though, it'd be small, and polystone, and maybe would be a little diorama with the two scientists on the "cherry picker" lift.

On the subject of a small scale, i'd love a, say, 1/300 Asuka II/ASCA!

Hey, the idea pf an AFOS is actually pretty cool! I don't think it would be in valk scale, though, it'd be small, and polystone, and maybe would be a little diorama with the two scientists on the "cherry picker" lift.

It would be nice if they made it around the same size as the Q-rau , that would be big enough I think. Yamato is a good company when it comes to figures so I think it would be really nice , possibly some detachable parts+articualted ¨wings¨+articulated limbs as well , Maybe even two versions : a Brand new Protoculture Era version (i.e. without structural damage) and 2008 Version. An anti-gravitational fold system would be nice too :D

It would be nice if they made it around the same size as the Q-rau , that would be big enough I think. Yamato is a good company when it comes to figures so I think it would be really nice , possibly some detachable parts+articualted ¨wings¨+articulated limbs as well , Maybe even two versions : a Brand new Protoculture Era version (i.e. without structural damage) and 2008 Version. An anti-gravitational fold system would be nice too :D

Whatever the scale, I still say you need the scientists on the little lift!

I've been saying it for ages. Why must people want others to be denied great Macross toys simply because they, themselves don't think they'd be able to afford them?

I also still think that people are greatly exaggerating the size and cost these beauties would be, much like people did with the 1/48th VF-1 toys. Now we have people posting threads talking about how dissapointed they were that the 1/48th was only slightly larger than a Bandai 1/55th.

Let us have our 1/48ths! I want my 19 and my 11 and my 21, not to mention my VF-4 and my VF-5000!

Hey, I'm not trying to deny anybody anything. Besides, what weight does my opinon have against the possibility of 1/48 Macross Plus toys? Yamato decides, not me.

I [was] a supporter of the 1/48 Macross Plus toys when the idea first spread here. I even went head to head with Vf-19 geko coz he was against it.

But since seeing that Pic I keep mentioning, and basing it off of the current price of the 1/48 VF-1s, I found the idea of a 1/48 19, 21 or 11B very impractical.

If Yamato makes it, whoopee, if they don't fine by me. :rolleyes:

After looking at pics of the 1/60 Super O, I hope Yamato releases it in 1/48 also. That is one great looking Valk. (Ugly Battroid though. <_< )

I hope that they do. Also a 1/48 elint would be nice. I think I'll get the 1/60 scale then if they make them 1/48 I'll buy them too and possibly sell off the 1/60's.

Hey, I'm not trying to deny anybody anything. Besides, what weight does my opinon have against the possibility of 1/48 Macross Plus toys? Yamato decides, not me.

I [was] a supporter of the 1/48 Macross Plus toys when the idea first spread here. I even went head to head with Vf-19 geko coz he was against it.

But since seeing that Pic I keep mentioning, and basing it off of the current price of the 1/48 VF-1s, I found the idea of a 1/48 19, 21 or 11B very impractical.

If Yamato makes it, whoopee, if they don't fine by me. :rolleyes:

Hey you still remeber :lol: ...oh I remeber those days :rolleyes: , well at least I convinced someone.

I have to say , I´m not against a 1/48 M+ line at all but when we start to think that a 1/60 M+ line would be just as big , detailed and expensive as the current 1/48 VF-1s then the idea of 1/48 plus toys appears to be unnecessary and unpractical in every sense.

Just how much more detailed than a 1/48 VF-1 could a 1/48 YF-19 toy be with the current technology and production standards ? not a lot.

It´s not a matter of size , is a matter of how good and how many resources Yamato has available to produce such a toy , and I don´t see them discovering any revolutionary technology to allow them to add any more detail that they have done with the 1/48 VF-1s. :(

I have to say , I myself get exited when I think of a 1/48 VF-0D toy but even I realise such a toy would be too big in 1/48 scale and no more detailed than what Yamato is currently offering , and in that sense , I´d be glad if they release the ultimate VF-0D toy in the most comfortable scale they can, as long as it´s the best we can get.

I have wanted a Max TV 1A forever and no one will make it.

As for a CF that should come with a 1A head and a 1J because I doubt most people would buy 2 valks where the only differnce is the head well it not being a major character anyway.

If they wanted to rerelease the Low Vis if it sells out well they could to change it up put decals packs in that are the markings of squads like the Jolly Roger, Sun Downer, Tom Catters.

They would be stupid not to make the Max Millia 1J after they already have the head done. But I want the Max 1A. That is the jet used in one of the best fights if not the best fight in the Macross series and it still is not made.