New Macross project?

Temucano

I found this update on Macross compendium macross.anime.net

"The next project after the Macross Zero video series is in the works. More details will come in the future"

Any info?

EDIT

Mods : Delete this topic,please.There is an old topic about this

Thanks

Edited by Temucano

There have already been several possible storyline and when it could take place discussions already. You should be able to find them in a search. I'd imagine there won't be any details until Macross Zero is finished or close towards the last part.

I don't see how Kawamori wouldn't be involved.

The Compendium was last updated more than a month ago. Since then many of us have been eagerly awaiting Egan's next update. However, due to an extended illness, Egan has kept on pushing the date of the next update futher and futher back. Now he is not even updating the date for the next update anymore! His site still says next update on January 9th! :lol: Anyway, I hope he is feeling better.

There was a fairly long thread on this subject previously, but without any firm information, we were unable to reach a consensus about what this next project may be. Some of us think (hope) it will be a new Macross TV series, while others think it may be a non-Macross related project, such as an Escaflowne sequel for example. Unfortunately, the wording on the Compendium is very ambiguous and doesn't make clear whether or not the next project is a Macross project.

I'm guessing that perhaps Egan may have released news of this next project too soon and Big West may have put a gag on him B))

Graham

We need a 1000 cell shaded Macross episode series to keep our asses in check.

Zero is already old in my book and too damn OVA.

I miss the good old days when I ran home to watch my favorite toons from 3 pm to 5 pm.

Nothing like Thundercats, followed by G.I. Joe, Transformers, and then Switch channels to 44 and watch Robocrap/Voltron.

I miss the good old days when I ran home to watch my favorite toons from 3 pm to 5 pm.

Nothing like Thundercats, followed by G.I. Joe, Transformers, and then Switch channels to 44 and watch Robocrap/Voltron.

Woohoo!!! I hear that! brings me back... *tears wellup in eyes* I miss it so. Now I sit at work dreaming of going back to those days. :(

Woohoo!!! I hear that! brings me back... *tears wellup in eyes* I miss it so. Now I sit at work dreaming of going back to those days. :(

Me too! Especially G.I. Joe, Voltron. Ahhhh, those were the days.........

That would be great but I would still love something post-Macross 7. Question and I really don't want to get into a serious debate but if they were to reanimate the original series, everything coming off the lineart, would it be possible for them to release if over here in the US in both subtitled and english?

The difference in animation along with the original names, music, and whatever new tweaks would clearly set it apart from the older version of the series and no one would be confused.

That would be great but I would still love something post-Macross 7. Question and I really don't want to get into a serious debate but if they were to reanimate the original series, everything coming off the lineart, would it be possible for them to release if over here in the US in both subtitled and english?

The difference in animation along with the original names, music, and whatever new tweaks would clearly set it apart from the older version of the series and no one would be confused.

I'd bet old HG would raise a big-ass stink if they did that and a US company tried to release it in the States, regardless if they had a real court case or not. :angry:

I think a re-make COULD be cool. It all depends on how they do it. Hell, if they re-made and updated it with the stuff Kawamori wanted to do with the old series but ran out of time/money, I'd watch it.

Heh, they could put one of the buildings being destroyed as HG as a little wink at our "friends". :lol:

The Compendium was last updated more than a month ago. Since then many of us have been eagerly awaiting Egan's next update. However, due to an extended illness, Egan has kept on pushing the date of the next update futher and futher back. Now he is not even updating the date for the next update anymore! His site still says next update on January 9th! :lol: Anyway, I hope he is feeling better.

There was a fairly long thread on this subject previously, but without any firm information, we were unable to reach a consensus about what this next project may be. Some of us think (hope) it will be a new Macross TV series, while others think it may be a non-Macross related project, such as an Escaflowne sequel for example. Unfortunately, the wording on the Compendium is very ambiguous and doesn't make clear whether or not the next project is a Macross project.

I'm guessing that perhaps Egan may have released news of this next project too soon and Big West may have put a gag on him B))

Graham

Thanks for the update Graham... I thought Egan just quit caring or something. :lol:

Considering all the Macrosses released had different music styles...what would the next one be eh? Rap? Church Choir? Punk metal? :ph34r:

Well all those fall into the main genre of anal discharge, and that music type was covered in M7.

To release a re-animated version of the original, all they'd really have to do is (aside from doing everything in the newer animation style) re-orchestrate the music (since Tatsunoko is laying some claim to that as well). Maybe call Mari back to re-do Minmay's vocal songs, but that's it.

Hell, I'd settle for an HK TV rip if I had to :) Screw U.S. releases.

Aye to the re-animation, but this would be the third time the 'origional' Macross story has been done- once in the origional and twice with DYRL? Do you think anyone would want yet anothe rehash? (Other than us fans, of course :) )

Maybe another sidestory to the whole universe? (Ignoring 7...) Or maybe following some of the cast from the origional series that we never hear from (Vrlitwahi? Any of the Zjentohlauedy or the bridge cast?)

Considering all the Macrosses released had different music styles...what would the next one be eh? Rap? Church Choir? Punk metal?  :ph34r:

Well all those fall into the main genre of anal discharge, and that music type was covered in M7.

Woohoo!!! can we say Spanish Christian Polka!!! :blink::rolleyes::p

I normaly love the Macross soundtracks, Mac7 can get pretty bad though. for what the mid 90s?? some of the music is as bad at the crap that came out in the early 80s

Woohoo!!! can we say Spanish Christian Polka!!! :blink::rolleyes::p

I normaly love the Macross soundtracks, Mac7 can get pretty bad though. for what the mid 90s?? some of the music is as bad at the crap that came out in the early 80s

Huh? Dude...u can bash M7 for anything, but don't bash M7's J-pop/J-rock. It pwnz j00!!

Woohoo!!! can we say Spanish Christian Polka!!!  :blink:  :rolleyes:  :p

I normaly love the Macross soundtracks, Mac7 can get pretty bad though.  for what the mid 90s?? some of the music is as bad at the crap that came out in the early 80s

Huh? Dude...u can bash M7 for anything, but don't bash M7's J-pop/J-rock. It pwnz j00!!

Wolfx, dont' get me wrong. I'm not bashing all the Mac7 music. But here is my prime example: ¡KÇGÇNÇP Ç`Ç~ÇÏ¡Ð!! (sorry I don't have an English translation of the name)... its worse IMHO than the Macross Plus song Tepee off the "Macross Plus: for fans only" Album.

FYI when you have been drinking the song Tepee coming on can be hysterical and annoying at the same time. Makes me wish that song was arround when I was in college ;)

To release a re-animated version of the original, all they'd really have to do is (aside from doing everything in the newer animation style) re-orchestrate the music (since Tatsunoko is laying some claim to that as well). Maybe call Mari back to re-do Minmay's vocal songs, but that's it.

Hell, I'd settle for an HK TV rip if I had to :) Screw U.S. releases.

That would be like the greatest thing ever.