Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

He said NEXT Holiday season, which is far from soon. Heck I'd even say it's possible as well, hasbro knows gestalt teams are eaten up by fans, and buying them in a gift set is always a nice way to make an exclusive. (Not to mention wouldn't require much thinking on thier part)They could eve sell it at the super pricepoint since basic price point is 6.99(x4 for limbs) and deluxe is 9.99 so with that your paying close to 40$ right there would justify the 39.99 super pricepoint.

just read on a TF fan site...

Hasbro said they MAY be getting a line of variable JETS for the alternators series..wooohHOoOO!!!!! -scale will be diff. from the cars-

YeeaahhhhhHHHH!!!!! :D:pB))

have you guys heard anything about these? :blink:

I really hope this goes through, I would love to see some modern jets turned into 'bots.

forgot which TF site it was...

and personally..i'll be glad to get ANY realistic,deluxe scale jets from the alternators line!!!

heres hoping for the best :D:D:D

Ditto. ANY scale is fine by me. I've been wanting realistic TF for so long that the idea of demanding a specific scale seems silly, especially since there is not currently and has never been a standard scale in the entire history of the TF line.

My friend found me a Swindle yesterday. He seems hard to find. Still havent seen a Windcharger locally yet.

Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah maybe you should call me next time. I missed that one at your work :angry:

;)

Agreed. If they had gone full out and made the trailer this would be one of the most incredible and sought after Transformers to date, but as just a repaint I'm not interested. I suspect I'm in the majority.

If they made the armor for Ultra Magnus, it would have been golden. If they wanted to do a simple repaint Prime they could have done the Scourge or whatever the black Prime is.

Edited by Anubis

Rumor from a month ago. Did you read it at seibertron.com or tfw? Me and David think 1/72 is too small for the jets. 1/48 or offscale is better. Only a few jets and helicopters have a 8-19inch avg. rotor legnth/wingspan at 1/72 scale.

1/48 is way too big for modern jets.. figure that a VF-1 is pretty small compared to an f-14 or f-15 and look how big that thing is already.

if they want the bot mode to be in the same size range as the cars they're going to have to keep it somewhere between 1/72 and 1/60. maybe some off scale.

Are you kidding me? 1/72 is too tiny, and trust me though a 1/48 is bigger than a VF-1, it's not enormously bigger. At walmart they used to have 1/48 solid diecast F-14s with stands, and those suckers were only 20$. Now make one all plastic, transformable, and I bet it could sell for 30$. For those of you wondering, tidal wave from armada is more than likely bigger than a 1/48 F-14.

However a non scale is better. Which is what I think they should do. Put it this way armada starscream is bigger than a 1/72 scale F-15. And thats chunkiness and all as well, modern planes are sleek so as you can tell, a robot mode would be real skinny. 1/48 or bigger nonscale is the way to go.

*I don;t think the 1/48 VF-1 is all that big, big to me is 1/24 and 1/18*

But I know one thing for certain

WE WANT ALTERNATOR JETS!!

*Also as evidenced by my constant posting and asking for jets @tfw2005 over the past 2 years, I kid u not lol*

Deja vu.

The whole Jet scale issue was a few pages back already. Odds are they'll be 1/72 or off scale, so they'll be the same size roughly as the alternator cars in bot mode.

Just wondering. How come there are not that many masterpiece primes japanese versions selling on ebay. Am I using bad search words. I want to know what the going rate for one of these things is. :huh:

looks like ebay stores are selling him for around 135 bucks... who knows why individuals don't want to sell theirs.. maybe they like it and want to keep it :p

On the reverse coin, last time I looked there were TONS of the Hasbro verion on ebay for cheap.

Agreed. If they had gone full out and made the trailer this would be one of the most incredible and sought after Transformers to date, but as just a repaint I'm not interested. I suspect I'm in the majority.

<_< What's kind of even more annoying is that Takara did not even bother to change his rifle. For me, it's kind of silly to call Ultra Magnus a second Masterpiece when all he is a repaint.

Just wondering. How come there are not that many masterpiece primes japanese versions selling on ebay. Am I using bad search words. I want to know what the going rate for one of these things is. :huh:

Ever since they stopped production of the MP Prime, it has been getting harder and harder to find. Unlike the Hasbro counterpart where only the difficult find is the gray gun version. I guess the long smokestacks, great box (along with the cardboard trailer), and un-"damaged" paint job makes it more popular than Hasbro's.

Did you guys ever here the Masterpiece Rodimus Prime rumor from allspark.com a year back? Someone there said his source in japan saw sketches of it and it wasn't the unrpoduced rodimus sketches from the 80s.

I remember hearing that, and although I don't really believe it, I've been keeping my fingers crossed ever since.

Did you guys ever here the Masterpiece Rodimus Prime rumor from allspark.com a year back?  Someone there said his source in japan saw sketches of it and it wasn't the unrpoduced rodimus sketches from the 80s.

With the 20th anniversary celebration planned for the Transformers movie in 2006, MP-03 will be Hot Rod with Rodimus Prime conversion parts/accessories. Expect a Japanese release in Dec 2005 and an US release in Feb/Mar 2006. The sculpt and transformation is much more faithful to the movie than the vintage release, but will follow Dreamwave's preliminary line art. MP-03 Hot Rod will be constructed from diecast metal and plastic parts, feature a full range of articulated joints and remain in scale with MP-1 Optimus Prime/Convoy, meaning it is slightly larger than the 1/24 Binaltech/Alternators line. Retail will be around 8,500 Yen for the Japanese release and 60 dollars for the US release.

In vehicle mode, MP-03 Hot Rod features an opening canopy/windshield, rubber tires, and steering capability ala Binaltech/Alternators. In robot form, Hot Rod features articulated fingers and a super-poseable range of articulation. As seen in the TF movie, MP-03 Hot Rod includes interchangeable tool/weapon hands, a removable visor and his classic dual pistols. It will not include the Matrix as one is already included with MP-1 Optimus Prime. Also included will be interchangeable conversion parts that allow you to transform MP-03 Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime. This includes head/chest swaps and the trailer.

The Japanese packaging inserts will include photos of all Hot Rod/Rodimus toys produced by Takara/Hasbro, pictures from the movie and a detailed history of Transformers inclusive of the series, movie and beyond.

Only in my imagination...for now. ;)

Edited by Sephiroth

Did you guys ever here the Masterpiece Rodimus Prime rumor from allspark.com a year back?  Someone there said his source in japan saw sketches of it and it wasn't the unrpoduced rodimus sketches from the 80s.

With the 20th anniversary celebration planned for the Transformers movie in 2006, MP-03 will be Hot Rod with Rodimus Prime conversion parts/accessories. Expect a Japanese release in Dec 2005 and an US release in Feb/Mar 2006. The sculpt and transformation is much more faithful to the movie than the vintage release, but will follow Dreamwave's preliminary line art. MP-03 Hot Rod will be constructed from diecast metal and plastic parts, feature a full range of articulated joints and remain in scale with MP-1 Optimus Prime/Convoy, meaning it is slightly larger than the 1/24 Binaltech/Alternators line. Retail will be around 8,500 Yen for the Japanese release and 60 dollars for the US release.

In vehicle mode, MP-03 Hot Rod features an opening canopy/windshield, rubber tires, and steering capability ala Binaltech/Alternators. In robot form, Hot Rod features articulated fingers and a super-poseable range of articulation. As seen in the TF movie, MP-03 Hot Rod includes interchangeable tool/weapon hands, a removable visor and his classic dual pistols. It will not include the Matrix as one is already included with MP-1 Optimus Prime. Also included will be interchangeable conversion parts that allow you to transform MP-03 Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime. This includes head/chest swaps and the trailer.

The Japanese packaging inserts will include photos of all Hot Rod/Rodimus toys produced by Takara/Hasbro, pictures from the movie and a detailed history of Transformers inclusive of the series, movie and beyond.

Only in my imagination...for now. ;)

Grrrrrrrrrr! You are an evil, evil man. Beautiful imagination though! Send that stuff to Takara! B))

looks like ebay stores are selling him for around 135 bucks... who knows why individuals don't want to sell theirs.. maybe they like it and want to keep it :p

I'd say that's true. I'm not selling my Takara MP Prime anytime soon I can tell you that

I'm all for a MP Rodimus Prime.

But what do you guys think?

After Ultra Maguns do you REALLY think we'll get another MP Transformer? ;)

I think so- one every year or so is probably sustainable in the market. hopefully takara will put the money made off magnus (who will have cost very little to bring to market) towards engineering a new mould.

a hotrod as described would be cool, but i'd personally want a show-accurate skyfire...