Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

This is the second attempt for Toy Biz to penetrate this market. The first attempt was a couple years ago and was more like Ani-morphs. The line features somewhat normal looking versions of heros that transformed into animals or weapons. The second series never made it to stores.

Spidey => bat (huh??)

Rhino => rhino

Hulk => monster

Punisher => gun

Iron Man => axe (huh?)

This attempt looks more interesting since the little guys are pilots for the vehicle/bot.

And didn't Wolverine morph into some ass-looking wolf or something? Those were pretty bad.

This line is a lot easier to stomach since it's a pilot/vehicle thing and not the actual superhero transforming.

Huh, my Walmart, despite the fact that they seemed to have little problem selling any and all Alternators that came through the store, seems to have stopped carrying them altogether. No longer even a place for them on the shelves.

Once again, don't directly image link from other sites. Unless you have already seen the file at the original site, the Allspark replaces the image with their logo to stop this sort of thievery.

Use tags instead of the tags everybody here is so fond of if the image file isn't on your own server.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

ehh,, the marvel shht is making me feel funny...maybe they'll gow on me

what do you guy think about a larger size ACREE ?????

............................any chance we'll see one ? :o

I certainly hope so. Meanwhile Nitro Convoy from Galaxy Force makes a pretty nice looking female TF. I'm wondering if Hasbro is going to name her Arcee when they release it over here.

In G1, Prime's girlfriend and female counterpart was Elita-1, who led a small group of poorly designed female autobots who were left behind on Cybertron for some reason.

So people are wondering if Hasbro will call her Nitro Prime or Elita-1

I think Hasbro would be more likely to use Arcee than Elita-1. Arcee was a less obscure character and was also a toy in Energon. Regardless of what is deemed most appropriate or desireable by the hardcore fans I think Hasbro is more interested in name-recognition, and Elita-1 doesn't really have that.

Wether or not they keep the Nitro part of the name I suppose depends on if they decide to keep the 'multiple Convoys/Primes' element of the story when they translate it for Cybertron.

In the end I don't care a hoot. I still hold on the philosophy that I'm only in it for the toys, so what happens in the cartoons or within the text on a package doesn't typically concern me too much. If they would have released Masterpiece Prime under the name "Underpants Jackson" it would still be the same awesome toy. :)

Orange County. about 40-60 minutes form Downtown.

the one on bake drive.

Too far. Deadzone, since Burbank is about 10-15 minutes away from Hollywood, I have an extra Grimlock MIB in my car that I'm willing to sell. PM me if you're interested.

You could probably get more for it on ebay. I plan to just wait until some of the stores around here start to carry Grimlock again. Thanks though.

i'm hoping they simply expand upon the energon ACREE !!!

the tranformation is quite wonderful...and a larger more detailed version would just rule!!

..makes a great ride armor if you remove acree's ugly-ass head and replace it with small anime chick head..i took one from a small female gumdam fig...it looks fantastic! :D:D:D

Edited by Feyd-Rautha

I found 2 Windchargers, 2 Meisters, and 1 Hound at Target today.

I know I've said I would skip Windcharger, but when I found it I ended up grabbing one anyway.

:lol:

Not bad. It's kind of like what happened with the Sideswipe for me. I wasn't a big fan of Sideswipe's bot mode until I had it in my hands, then I liked it. I'm still not the biggest fan of Windcharger's sculpt, but it's not too bad. It would be better with the actual cannon to augment it. At least he transforms easily.

So how about that recast cannon?

I found 2 Windchargers, 2 Meisters, and 1 Hound at Target today.

I know I've said I would skip Windcharger, but when I found it I ended up grabbing one anyway.

:lol:

Not bad. It's kind of like what happened with the Sideswipe for me. I wasn't a big fan of Sideswipe's bot mode until I had it in my hands, then I liked it. I'm still not the biggest fan of Windcharger's sculpt, but it's not too bad. It would be better with the actual cannon to augment it. At least he transforms easily.

So how about that recast cannon?

Damnit! What the heck is up with Canada and the lack of the recent alternators?! All I see on the shelves at the local Wal-Mart are Hound, and Silverstreak!

I'm just about ready to either complain to Hasbro Canada or Wal-Mart. Perhaps both...

Wowee! My target in Albany, New York actually had new Alternators..... until I got there. I found a Grimlock and Meister (white) one of each... and i grabbed them so fast I almsot hurt myself.

That was my reaction two nights ago when I found a couple Grimlocks and Windchargers at Target. Only had enough scratch to get one, though, so Windy will have to wait. Grimlock is definately my favorite one so far, even if his sword is puny. :p

Curious, has anyone seen pictures of these scatch-built trailors of Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus? The gentleman who made these also does his own Transformer costuming.

Interesting!!! I'm really looking forward to see this complete. I noticed that OP has his arms tucked in like in cab mode?? :huh:

~Tico

yeah originma ultra magnus transformed liek that

:huh: Pardon my ignorance... but what is originma ultra magnus?

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

Curious, has anyone seen pictures of these scatch-built trailors of Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus? The gentleman who made these also does his own Transformer costuming.

Interesting!!! I'm really looking forward to see this complete. I noticed that OP has his arms tucked in like in cab mode?? :huh:

~Tico

yeah originma ultra magnus transformed liek that

:huh: Pardon my ignorance... but what is originma ultra magnus?

~Tico

I think he meant to type "original" Ultra Magnus.

Oh, and the Blitzwing re-issue is out. In real life it looks a bit better than I expected. I don't think I'll be getting it, though.

Wowee! My target in Albany, New York actually had new Alternators..... until I got there. I found a Grimlock and Meister (white) one of each... and i grabbed them so fast I almsot hurt myself.

I saw the white meister alt at my local target, but I passed... he looked so flat compared to my red binaltech meister... too toyish.

The Wheeljack looking Alternator has been offically named. Sure, the figure looks like Wheeljack, but we all remember how poor Sunstreaker turned out (for the better IMHO). I'm warning you, you may be disappointed if you click the link.

I'm leaning towards meh, but I'll wait till I see some better pics.

never did like wheeljack though.

The Wheeljack looking Alternator has been offically named. Sure, the figure looks like Wheeljack, but we all remember how poor Sunstreaker turned out (for the better IMHO). I'm warning you, you may be disappointed if you click the link.

Sorry? At no point did Hasbro or Takara officially reveal Dead End's mold was Sunstreaker, nor were there any package pics of him called Sunstreaker.

The only reason we know he was originally Sunstreaker (besides the head) was that old test shot with the molded 'bot symbol.

This Wheeljack is way ahead of that.

Sorry? At no point did Hasbro or Takara officially reveal Dead End's mold was Sunstreaker, nor were there any package pics of him called Sunstreaker.

The only reason we know he was originally Sunstreaker (besides the head) was that old test shot with the molded 'bot symbol.

Oficially, Dead End stole Sunstreaker's BT body. That is why he looks like him.

You would have thought that they would have at least taken the time to change his head. Especially since the raised Autobot insignia was removed.

I have two Dead Ends on the way. (Local stores never got them in) One is being repainted back into Sunstreaker, the other is gettting his "ears" removed, and new head details added, so that he no longer looks like Sunstreaker.

You would have thought that they would have at least taken the time to change his head. Especially since the raised Autobot insignia was removed.

I suspect they left it because the side-switch decision must have been taken very late. filling in the recesses on the chestmould would be a very quick and easy job. sculpting a new "dead end" head would have taken more time and money.

Edited by RFT

I have two Dead Ends on the way. (Local stores never got them in) One is being repainted back into Sunstreaker, the other is gettting his "ears" removed, and new head details added, so that he no longer looks like Sunstreaker.

Again, officially, at no point did Hasbro or Takara refer to this as being the mold for BT Sunstreaker. Yes, its obvious that it was meant to be Sunstreaker initially, as Swindle was meant to be Trailbreaker, but officially, they never referred to either as such because fans bitched and wanted Decepticons.

The Dead End bio story was written by Hirofumi Ichikawa - a fan and illustraitor at Takara. He even made references to GI Joe characters, so its not exactly an official explanation from either company, is it?

My issue with the first quote was the wording appears to suggest that while this Wheeljack was retooled with WJ's head, has the name Wheeljack on his packaging and license plate, he's probably going to end up with another name like Dead End.

GF Guardshell and Gaskett are out http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread65997.html

Edited by Fit For Natalie

My friend found me a Swindle yesterday. He seems hard to find. Still havent seen a Windcharger locally yet.

For a week, Swindle was all over every Target and Wal-Mart in the L.A. Valley. Now we're back to just Hound and the two dust collectors (Side Swipe and Silverstreak).

My friend found me a Swindle yesterday. He seems hard to find. Still havent seen a Windcharger locally yet.

For a week, Swindle was all over every Target and Wal-Mart in the L.A. Valley. Now we're back to just Hound and the two dust collectors (Side Swipe and Silverstreak).

Yeah its weird. Around Nov/Dec all of the Walmarts had the good alts. I got Dead End,Tracks and Meister and Grimlock at that time. Now all of the Wallys are bone dry with only Sideswipe,Hound and Streak. Now the Targets that didnt have anything at that time have the new cases with Grimlock,Swindle,Windcharger and Meister. Seems like Tracks has totally dried up. Ravage hit Hong Kong this week so we should see it in the next few weeks here in the US.

Again, officially, at no point did Hasbro or Takara refer to this as being the mold for BT Sunstreaker. Yes, its obvious that it was meant to be Sunstreaker initially, as Swindle was meant to be Trailbreaker, but officially, they never referred to either as such because fans bitched and wanted Decepticons.

The Dead End bio story was written by Hirofumi Ichikawa - a fan and illustraitor at Takara. He even made references to GI Joe characters, so its not exactly an official explanation from either company, is it?

My issue with the first quote was the wording appears to suggest that while this Wheeljack was retooled with WJ's head, has the name Wheeljack on his packaging and license plate, he's probably going to end up with another name like Dead End.

GF Guardshell and Gaskett are out http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread65997.html

I'm sorry that my attempt at humor got your undies in a bunch.

I simply used the old Sunstreaker debate in my post to add some tension before the reader clicked the thread to see that the obvious name of Wheeljack is in fact the production name. I made absolutely no statement that the official name for Deadend was EVER Sunstreaker nor did I state, or imply, that the official name for Wheeljack will change. Note that my first sentence does not mention the name, it simply refers to the mold that looks like Wheeljack (thus building dramatic tension) much like the Deadend testshots looked like Sunstreaker.

Again, I am sorry that my attempt at humor has resulted in a tirade against longtime members of this community.

Edited by VF-1Guy

I simply used the old Sunstreaker debate in my post to add some tension before the reader clicked the thread to see that the obvious name of Wheeljack is in fact the production name. I made absolutely no statement that the official name for Deadend was EVER Sunstreaker nor did I state, or imply, that the official name for Wheeljack will change. Note that my first sentence does not mention the name, it simply refers to the mold that looks like Wheeljack (thus building dramatic tension) much like the Deadend testshots looked like Sunstreaker.

Again, I am sorry that my attempt at humor has resulted in a tirade against longtime members of this community.

What "humour"? What "tirade"? :huh:

I'll be getting Alt Wheeljack, namechange or not. Ditto with E. Wheeljack/Downshift. The name's no biggie for me because I like the headsculpt. I actually like the current colors for Alt. WJ cuz that's the actual car's colors. I have the 2005 Galpin calendar and the real-life Alt WJ is on the front cover. Once I have Alt WJ, I'll post a pic of him and Grimmy strikin' a pose. X3

I also got E-Hotshot and E-Inferno today. I know it seems rather late in the game to get them but since Walmart had them together as a bundle for $9.87 I went for it. Next I want E-WJ/DS and maybe E-Roadblock (Inferno Remold). Roadblock release yet? *shrugs*

May or may not get the Superion set. Might just wait for a possible 5-figure set next holiday season. *sweatdrop*

Hey, don't backhand apologise to me.

In the case of your explanation, your humour was rather unclear, but I am sorry for misunderstanding you.

ManxoChu: Hasbro is unlikely to provide a giftset for them combiners so soon after they have been released (Energon will go on until at least May-June). Unfortunately, either buy them all now or pay through the nose for the japanese Superlink Superion giftset.