Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

hard to believe that is prime...

Just so there's no confusion, Vector Prime is not related to Optimus Prime. He's a seperate character. Actually, I think Vector prime may be the only Japanese TF with 'Prime' in his name...

I wonder if he'll keep the name Vector Prime when he comes stateside, or if Hasbro will give him a different name to avoid any Optimus Prime confusion...maybe they'll name him "Vector".

thanks i did not realize that, they will probably keep him vector prime and try to work him into the series to confuse us even more :p

I'm might plan to pick up Starscream, but that's it from the GC line.

What exactly is the deal with Vector Prime? Cybertronian bad-ass or what is he?

Edited by Anubis

I got starscream ! Excellent figure! Articulation around the arms, maybe an added elbow joint would've improved the figure. Maybe they should've added articulation on the wings/weapon knife things too instead of melding it to the shoulders. But otherwise very nice figure!

Since everyone has seen starscream on remy's , i didn't take any photos but here's presenting Gerwalk mode.....had to stand on a pen though to balance. :lol:

mini-starscream1.jpg

mini-starscream2.jpg

Still, I would hope that Alternator Jets would be larger than the original G1 jets. I'd like it if they stood at least a little taller than the car Alternators in robot mode.

Man, you sure? Even one of the smallest of the original GI Joe jets, the Cobra Rattler, is at least a foot long - way too big if they're going to be up against the Autobot cars.

hard to believe that is prime...

Just so there's no confusion, Vector Prime is not related to Optimus Prime. He's a seperate character. Actually, I think Vector prime may be the only Japanese TF with 'Prime' in his name...

I wonder if he'll keep the name Vector Prime when he comes stateside, or if Hasbro will give him a different name to avoid any Optimus Prime confusion...maybe they'll name him "Vector".

During Micron Densetsu (Armada in Japan), Takara named Sparkplug, Convoy's minicon, Prime.

Hasbro trademarked 'Vector Prime' shortly before pics of Galaxy Force appeared, which will make it confusing if Hasbro changes the other Convoys (Nitro Convoy, Flame Convoy) into Primes.

I'm planning to pick up Starscream, but that's it from the GC line.

What exactly is the deal with Vector Prime?  Cybertronian bad-ass or what is he?

Vector Prime, from what we know, is a time traveller of some sort that comes to tell Galaxy Convoy about the planet forces, made up of Primus' spark (Primus being the US comic's god and giver of life to the Transformers).

There seems to be some sort of connection between Vector Prime and the upcoming figure Sideways. Last seen in Armada/Micron Densetsu, Sideways was an extention, or an avatar of Unicron. He was almost impossible to destroy without the help of the Minicons (because they were creations of Unicron).

The Sideways toy (as the pic below shows) has a very similar Cybertronian knight feel that Vector has. His chest somehow retains the look of his Armada body's motorcycle/animal head design. He seems to keep his faction-swapping gimmick.

Wolfx: Oddly enough, Armada Starscream can also do a gerwalk-like transformation.

post-26-1105277047_thumb.jpg

The Sideways toy (as the pic below shows) has a very similar Cybertronian knight feel that Vector has. His chest somehow retains the look of his Armada body's motorcycle/animal head design. He seems to keep his faction-swapping gimmick.

Ah yes, Sideways! I forgot about that one. I'll be getting him for sure.

Edited by eriku

Armada Sideways looked okay, but the toy was almost total crap. His gimmick was a variation of the Headmasters gimmick from G1 - his Minicons formed two different heads that can cause his faction logo to change from Autobot to Decepticon.

Check out his review/pics at BWTF.com here

PS - Reading through older posts here, I've noticed people imaged-linked directly from Ben Yee's site, www.bwtf.com, essentially leaching his bandwith. Not cool. If there's one thing we TF fans don't do is leech from Ben Yee, since he's such a nice guy, a super-well known fan and was TF consultant on the mighty Beast Wars :)

I ve bought the chinese dvd set presented few pages back in this thread.

I received it yesterday and it has come in last than a week. I've received the gorilla robot in the box :)

I've just seen the first episode, the video is not "top quality remasterised and everything" but it stays very watchable.

Anyways I'm very happy with this set, many episodes, great box ... :)

(it s funny to find a takara toy with a set when in the endings episodes it s written hasbro)

As some people pointed the lack of diecast of BT grimlocks, how much diecast there is in BT tracks ??

(i dont have grimlock yet because i prefer wait other color as he is the same as silverstreak)

Yep - Takara didn't have much to do with the TF fiction or characterisations until their Headmasters series.

Its an official 20th Anniversary dvd set, but its possible a joint Hasbro-Takara license on it - as it gives an RM toy for free but advertises Hasbro's 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime within.

BT Tracks - his doors, hood and car front body (including the side panels) are die cast metal.

I saw the pictures of Vector Prime on Remy's site and I must say I'm disappointed :/

First, I though it would be a much bigger robot, Unicron / Omega Supreme size. And the fist pictures of the ship mode looked really good, almost like a starship... like an Empire Destroyer or something... Then I saw the close-up pictures and realized how much less detailed the toy actually is. The mecha is kind of cool with the gold details, but looking for different angles the ship mode is really fugly.

I will out the new Starscream when it comes out, but I'm definitely skipping this Vector Shame.

//Limbo

Then I saw the close-up pictures and realized how much less detailed the toy actually is.

Eh? I've got VP and quite honestly it's about the most detailing I've ever seen on a TF. I was surprised to see MORE details on it in person than what Remy's photo's already showed. And I find that the starship mode looks a lot better with the wings arranged differently (see my pics on the previous page).

As for the size...I don't remember there ever being any indication (or even speculation) that he was going to be anywhere close to Unicron size so I'm not sure where that expectation came from.

All in all I like VP better than anything out of Armada or Energon combined. B))

I saw the pictures of Vector Prime on Remy's site and I must say I'm disappointed  :/

First, I though it would be a much bigger robot, Unicron / Omega Supreme size. And the fist pictures of the ship mode looked really good, almost like a starship... like an Empire Destroyer or something... Then I saw the close-up pictures and realized how much less detailed the toy actually is. The mecha is kind of cool with the gold details, but looking for different angles the ship mode is really fugly.

//Limbo

There was no indication at any time he was a Supreme class toy like Unicron or Omega Supreme - only very early on did people who didn't know what the yen symbol meant thought he was a very large toy.

His retail price is around 3000 yen, the same as Starscream and Landbullet, making him a Mega class toy. Supreme class toys cost 7000 yen.

A tip in identifying how large toys are is to see how big the screws and, most importantly, how big his fist holes are - most modern TFs now have standardised universal fist holes if their hands are unarticulated.

I will out the new Starscream when it comes out, but I'm definitely skipping this Vector Shame.

Vector Shame. Right... :o

neat i have seen the trailer before, but not the ultra magnus armor i would love to see how that is going to look complete, as for the trailer, looks like inside the trailer the little gun robot was once a Cobra vehicle from the GI Joe series.

He looks like another Starscream toy with less articulation (unless he simply isn't being posed, but his arms look like they lack joints) a crown, and a couple extras. How are the people in that thread judging its size? The only photos I saw were of the toy itself with absolutely nothing to show how large it is.

Curious, has anyone seen pictures of these scatch-built trailors of Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus? The gentleman who made these also does his own Transformer costuming.

Interesting!!! I'm really looking forward to see this complete. I noticed that OP has his arms tucked in like in cab mode?? :huh:

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

Curious, has anyone seen pictures of these scatch-built trailors of Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus? The gentleman who made these also does his own Transformer costuming.

mp02f.JPG

Interesting!!! I'm really looking forward to see this complete. I noticed that OP has his arms tucked in like in cab mode?? :huh:

~Tico

yeah originma ultra magnus transformed liek that

Edited by Ali Sama

I live in Hollywood. Still looking for signs of Jazz or Grimlock. Where are these things? Christmas is over. Store shelves should be getting replenished, but the Targets and TRUs I visited were completely bare of alternators. What gives?

You just have to keep looking around. Here's the Alternators scoreboard for the L.A. Valley (as of 1/12):

Target

Burbank - None

North Hollywood - Overstock of Side Swipe and Silverstreak

Sherman Oaks - Meister (bought it for a friend) and Swindle

Van Nuys - Overstock of Side Swipe, Autobot Hound and Silverstreak

Granada Hills - Overstock of Side Swipe and Silverstreak

Northridge - Grimlock (bought it for myself) and Swindle

Woodland Hills - Side Swipe

Wal-Mart

Porter Ranch - Grimlock (bought it for a friend), Swindle (bought it for myself), Silverstreak and Hound

Panorama City - Side Swipe and Dead End

Toys 'R' Us

Burbank - None

Porter Ranch - Autobot Hound and Silverstreak

Woodland Hills - Silverstreak

Kmart

Burbank - Smokescreen

Northridge - None

K-B Toys

Panorama City - Smokescreen and Side Swipe

Edited by areaseven

Mark Projects' fan-made MP trailors

DSC00637.JPG

mp02f.JPG

You guys should to stop direct image linking to other sites - it saps their bandwith. Well, as you can see, his 15GB is already up :(

I read older pages in this thread and saw image linking directly from www.bwtf.com - that's a big no-no in TF circles, because Ben Yee, the webmaster of that site, is a legend among fans, was the TF consultant on the almighty Beast Wars, and is just a really nice guy.

Just link the pics/page, or attach the pic to your post, or, better yet, upload onto your own webspace and you can IMG tag it to your heart's content.

Please be fair to other sites :(

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I live in Hollywood. Still looking for signs of Jazz or Grimlock. Where are these things? Christmas is over. Store shelves should be getting replenished, but the Targets and TRUs I visited were completely bare of alternators. What gives?

if youw ant a grimlock my local target has soem left.

i can get you one.

i can get you one.

Where's your local Target. If it is close to Los Angeles, I'll just drive over and get one.

:)

i can get you one.

Where's your local Target. If it is close to Los Angeles, I'll just drive over and get one.

:)

orange county. about 40-60minute form downtown.

the one on bake drive.

Sorry to go kinda OT but the RAW version of Galaxy Force's first episode has been released.

:blink:

Check HERE.

You know, since it was gonna be the first episode, I thought, what the hell, I'll be home that night, so I'll watch the damn thing.

I still managed to bloody miss it!! :lol:

I dunno what happened, time just flew by.

Transformers-ish..

Found this on Seibertron.com:

http://www.toyglobe.com/MetaMorph.php

Marvel/Toybiz has decided to try at beating Hasbro at the Alternator

game by producing these rather interesting items:

Spidey: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110109

Doc Oc: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110116

Hulk: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110115

Thing: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110111

Captain America: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110114

Ghost Rider: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110113

Iron Man: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110112

And Of course as always with all things Marvel,

Wolverine: http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=110110

What I find most interesting is how "Transtech" these designs look.

Whith some putty and sanding these could make truly bad ass toys

to hang with this year's Alternator offerings.

Actually Wolverine seems to be the best one by far, and the only one I would be sure to buy. I kind of like Iron Man, Hulk and Thing too. The rest don't do much for me. Neat idea, even if it is just a blatant move to cash in on the success of Transformers. :)

This is the second attempt for Toy Biz to penetrate this market. The first attempt was a couple years ago and was more like Ani-morphs. The line features somewhat normal looking versions of heros that transformed into animals or weapons. The second series never made it to stores.

Spidey => bat (huh??)

Rhino => rhino

Hulk => monster

Punisher => gun

Iron Man => axe (huh?)

This attempt looks more interesting since the little guys are pilots for the vehicle/bot.