Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Predaking reissue packaging question

I received a Predaking reissue from a reputable seller who also sells on MW. I planned on keeping this MISB.  However the tape on all ends of the box seems to have been cut and then new factory tape was placed over it. It seems like the box was opened and then taped back up. Did anyone else receive one like this? How did yours come? I'm thinking about trying to get my money back through my credit card if the seller doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oddly enough, mine came the same way. And I bought it from BBTS where I have never had a problem with opened packaging. Didn't think anything about it since I removed mine for display. Only checked after your post in this thread. Strange. I wonder if some were reopened after initial packaging to add or inspect anything. :unsure: Thoughts?

A lot of the Predakings that went through Singapore had the same issue. Most of them were due to the fact that Takara neglected to add some accessories.

This was detected by QC, and as a result many were opened them up again to insert the missing items in and re-taped.

The triple-taped ones were likely a result of custom checks.

the batch that I got didn't have this problem. They were sealed once. So I guess my batch is from the later releases? :huh:

According to Hasbro they ceased dealing with DW in Dec 04 and are looking at other publishers. I am hoping for Devils Due to take it now.

;)

i'm glad they folded. their desperate attempt to milk the fans through the use of variation covers and ridiculous incentive covers drove me nuts. and personally the story lines made no sense to me.

having said that i hope Devils Due doesn't get it either. something about their comics just reek of 2nd-rate bargain basement level of comic book publishing.

I just got my BT grimlock and I must say that even though is the coolest looking on robot mode, it was the hardest to transform!!!

Can someone tell me which parts are supposed to be diecast??? Because everything looks very plasticky... in the previous BTs you can certainly feel the weight and see the metal. How is this compared to the ALT version?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Thanks,

Tico

EDIT> oh yeah... what's up with the springs in the legs? do they do anything?

Edited by Tico0001

Possibly due to design problems (parts coming into contact with each other during transformation, or just plain budget), Grimlock has the least die cast metal of all the BTs - only the front bumper, doors and the rear bumper section of the car are metal. The paint holds onto plastic better than it does to die cast for some reason - probably why I prefer Alts - I like TFs I can play with.

Btw, hcan you even tell it looks 'plasticky'? The body panels are fully painted. Perhaps you mean it feels plastic?

Possibly due to design problems (parts coming into contact with each other during transformation, or just plain budget), Grimlock has the least die cast metal of all the BTs - only the front bumper, doors and the rear bumper section of the car are metal. The paint holds onto plastic better than it does to die cast for some reason - probably why I prefer Alts - I like TFs I can play with.

Btw, hcan you even tell it looks 'plasticky'? The body panels are fully painted. Perhaps you mean it feels plastic?

DAMN! I wish i had known this before paying $50 for this guy. I would have gone for the ALT version for the first time... I still prefer the BTs because IMO they look better in car mode, they look like die cast models. I can definetely see the "metal look" on some of the BTs compared to the ALTs... specially smokey and meister ( i've seen their ALT versions in person).

I don't see how the transformation would make TAKARA not use diecast... The roof and legs don't seem to rub against anything! It seems like it could be due to budget....

I really hope TAKARA doesn't repeat this "die-cast fiasco" (for me, at least) in the future... I don't like paying 50 bucks for 3 pieces of metal and japanese instructions :(

~Tico

PS> Holy $h!t this thing is so difficult to transform back to car!!!

Edited by Tico0001

Yeah, the first couple of times I transformed grimlock I had his hands and doors popping off, and that whole big under carriage thing. Ingenious transformation sequence... but a pain... and I do wish the upper body locked in a bit more firmly than it does now.

Still, grimlock is one awesome transformer.

Dreamwave seemed doomed from a long time out if any of their forum rumors were true (not paying their writers). In addition to TF, that also means no more Darkminds, Neon Cyber 2, or Warlands....although with the delays they had I'd given up on them releasing anything they put out besides the TF overkill :( It's nice that they had the new license, but they completely dropped anything original of theirs. I'm kinda glad to see them go, maybe a comic company that publishes comics better than a rate of one a year will take over.......

dunno if this subject fits here?

ok anyone got pics of the new ultra magnus masterpiece collection?

secondly with the next line being another autobot would it be fitting to see

an actual decepticon NON CAR.I know last year a few mentioned megatron as a worthy decepticon

to be as a masterpiece project.any ideas what transformer and how they would do it?

an actual decepticon NON CAR.I know last year a few mentioned megatron as a worthy decepticon

to be as a masterpiece project.any ideas what transformer and how they would do it?

Current rumor is for a line of 1/72 scale aircraft in the Alternators line. That just screams the screamers.

;)

No new pics of Masterpiece UM have shown up, to my knowledge, and it appears, not too many fans want it given Takara didn't even bother making a new rifle/accessory set for him.

He comes with a cardboard trailer, hopefully his actual trailer design and not a recoloured Convoy trailer.

'The next line being another Autobot?' Do you mean Binaltech/Alternators or the Masterpiece series?

As for a possible Masterpiece Megatron - most likely not a gun and probably not until 2006. Hasbro wouldn't be able to sell it (and thus have no reason to fund it) and Takara couldn't afford a project that large on their own.

Although I am well aware I am in the minority, I certainly would not mind a Masterpiece G2 Megatron. Done up right, I think it could be incredible. I was not at all a fan of the toy, but the design was fantastic.

It seems a lot of people are passing on Windcharger. I wonder if this will be the next Sideswipe, King of the Shelf Warmers. Personally, I haven't liked any of the convertibles.

There is not much on the horizion in the alt/BT line for me right now...

Blue Tracks - pass

Grimlock - love it

Swindle - pass

Windcharger - pass, maybe the repaint will be better

Ravage - pass

Shockwave - undecided, but leaning toward passing

Grimlock Repaint - waiting to see the BT

I think that Ravage would be a lot better if a couple of parts were replaced. First, the chest should be more like the Japanese Beast Wars Neo? Jaguar. Having a car roof as a chest when the vehicle mode is a convertible is silly. Second, the hands should be claws and/or the arm cannons should be large retractable claws. Third, the feet should be more cat like (multi toed). I think that these small changes would make for a very interesting cat-man robot mode. Is this going to be named Jaguar in Japan since that is a different make of car?

I snuck into Milkman's hood and found Windcharger.... :p At first glance I thought he was a Sideswipe...

Milkman stop all that 1/72 plane talk and put that crack pipe back into you mouth.

:p

Found Barricade the other day. He is okay... A bit of kibble in the back and limited posability. About what I expected for a 10$ piece.

Looks like Kicker and Steamhammer are the new shelf warmers for the deluxes in my hood.........

I, too, got the Alternator GRIMLOCK (from Target as well, no less!). I gotta say I'm not too crazy about him in robot mode and that would be weird considering he's my fave (hence, the e-mail addy!),but of course, it didn't stop me from buying the damn toy! I love the vehicle mode, though, just looks absolutely stunning!!

I snuck into Milkman's hood and found Windcharger....  :p At first glance I thought he was a Sideswipe...

Milkman stop all that 1/72 plane talk and put that crack pipe back into you mouth.

:p

Found Barricade the other day. He is okay... A bit of kibble in the back and limited posability. About what I expected for a 10$ piece.

Looks like Kicker and Steamhammer are the new shelf warmers for the deluxes in my hood.........

Well, there was a rumour/news? piece about some corporate buyers' event where Hasbro talked about 1:72 scale alternators planes with a wing span/rotor span of roughly 9-10 inches. A red pickup truck was seen, as well as a blue Honda S2000.

And Barricade has limited posability? He appears to have the most joints that can be implemented in most TFs, especially TFs of this size - neck swivel, universal shoulders, above elbow swivel, elbow joint, waist swivel, universal hips, mid-theigh swivels and knee joints.

Even BT Smokescreen/Streak lack mid-bicep swivels and universal hips.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

SO if the Planes wil be anout 1/72 scale....does that mean that all the other Alts are? That seems unlikely....great...more scale switching in a toyline. About what scale would you say all the curent Alts are?

If I remember correctly they are 1:24.

SO if the Planes wil be anout 1/72 scale....does that mean that all the other Alts are?  That seems unlikely....great...more scale switching in a toyline.  About what scale would you say all the curent Alts are?

If I remember correctly they are 1:24.

Yep, all of the cars are 1:24 scale. MP Convoy (often associated with BT by some, but isn't a part of the line) is closer to 1:32.

A 1:24 plane would be about as big as a GI Joe plane (which are traditionally out of scale with the 1:18 figures) such as the Cobra Rattler, which is abit impractical and expensive for TFs.

As I recall, the original Diaclone/G1 jets were all 1:72 scale.

While I'm usually a big supporter of keeping toylines in-scale, I agree that 1/24 Alternator jets would be huge. Keep in mind, folks, that our beloved Valkyries are smaller than many modern airplanes, and look at how big the 1/48ths are. Now imagine them at 1/24, and then imagine a larger plane in the same scale.

Yeah.

Still, I would hope that Alternator Jets would be larger than the original G1 jets. I'd like it if they stood at least a little taller than the car Alternators in robot mode.

Well, there was a rumour/news? piece about some corporate buyers' event where Hasbro talked about 1:72 scale alternators planes with a wing span/rotor span of roughly 9-10 inches. A red pickup truck was seen, as well as a blue Honda S2000.

And Barricade has limited posability? He appears to have the most joints that can be implemented in most TFs, especially TFs of this size - neck swivel, universal shoulders, above elbow swivel, elbow joint, waist swivel, universal hips, mid-theigh swivels and knee joints.

Even BT Smokescreen/Streak lack mid-bicep swivels and universal hips.

Bendy Armada Optimus Prime is posable. Barricade has different points of movement but it is more of a ratchet type action. About what should be expected from a 10$ piece.

well, I don't really care what scale that their planes will be at, as long as they keep all their planes at the same scale. kinda like all cars are 1/24 and all planes will be 1/72.

There's just no way they will do a 1/24 scale cause it's going to too big. A f-15 will be around 2 feet long.

hmm, will we see Starscream as a F-15? or would they change him into a F-22? And for Skyfire/jet fire would they just use a yamato valk?

Got my Vector Prime! I like him better than any TF from Armada or Energon. The big chuck of kibble on his back is a little bothersome, but at least it serves a purpose and holds his sword. Still would have been better if it was removable or better incorporated into the bot. The sculpted detail all over every centimeter of VP is amazing, and I would have to say he's the most detailed TF I've ever seen. The articulation is really good, lots of ratcheting joints. And he even came without batteries so i didn't have to deal with lame noise effects while fiddling with him. Too bad the rest of Galaxy Force so far isn't quite as cool as this guy.

Pics:

post-26-1105244479_thumb.jpg

Just got Meister (white). He was a little deformed on half of his hood, but I used a knife to carve the excess off and now he's fine. They also had a Swindle in stock, but I passed on that. I have to say, the only Alts they had before I left the country were Smokey and Sideswipe, but having Meister really makes me look forward to finding the rest of the line. I saw a Hound the other day but passed on it, was that a mistake? I may just get Swindle anyway. I'm also really looking forward to Shockwave now, he was one of the few G1 TFs I had as a kid (I had more G2s). Now I've just got to track down a set of those Jazz markings.

And in closing, just to get all of the upcoming comments out of the way, yes, he's ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, gawdy, garishly painted, cheap fisher price looking crap, not as nice looking as a Alternator, not as cool as a Binaltech, stupid non-realistic alt mode, POS, horrible waste of plastic....

He's also beautiful, wicked-cool, fun as hell, wonderfully designed and the best mainline TF to come down the pipe in a long time. He's whatever the individual beholder sees in him, just like pretty much everything. Enjoy! (or not). :p

post-26-1105244994.jpg

Edited by eriku

And in closing, just to get all of the upcoming comments out of the way, yes, he's ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, gawdy, garishly painted, cheap fisher price looking crap, not as nice looking as a Alternator, not as cool as a Binaltech, stupid non-realistic alt mode, POS, horrible waste of plastic....

He's also beautiful, wicked-cool, fun as hell, wonderfully designed and the best mainline TF to come down the pipe in a long time. He's whatever the individual beholder sees in him, just like pretty much everything. Enjoy! (or not). :p

hard to believe that is prime, he looks neat in bot mode, I cannot say however that i am to happy with his vehicle mode. got to see if i can find meister soon I am loving the way that one looks. :)

hard to believe that is prime...

Just so there's no confusion, Vector Prime is not related to Optimus Prime. He's a seperate character. Actually, I think Vector prime may be the only Japanese TF with 'Prime' in his name...

I wonder if he'll keep the name Vector Prime when he comes stateside, or if Hasbro will give him a different name to avoid any Optimus Prime confusion...maybe they'll name him "Vector".