Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Just got my Alt Meister from Walmart.com today, he's pretty sweet overall. The colors are off on roof pillars and around the doors/windows. Its not too bad though, and I'll be keeping him in bot mode anyway, so its even less of a worry. My only real gripe is that it looks like they glued the handbrake on backwards. I know this is the case on some Alt Meisters over in the TFW2005 forum. Meister is nice enough for me that I might get the red version too, but I'll probably wait to see what the Decepticon version will look like.

Grimlock is looking pretty nice as well, will definately be getting him because he's the new Mustang and he's Grimlock!!!

Final question, any other sites to order Alternators from besides BigBadToystore.com and Walmart.com? I've been ordering from Walmart, but they don't pack them too well (Toy and plastic bag filled with air). My Dead-End came okay, but Meister's box was all crumpled on one corner. I heard BBTS packs pretty good, but I wanted to know if there were any other e-tailers around.

BBTS is very good. My favorite e-tailer (they have almost everything I want!).

Just ordered my Meister from Wal-mart (he came back in stock yesterday! I was so anxious to order him because the last time he was in stock, he lasted for seven minutes!). Can't wait for him to arrive.

Final question, any other sites to order Alternators from besides BigBadToystore.com and Walmart.com?  I've been ordering from Walmart, but they don't pack them too well (Toy and plastic bag filled with air).  My Dead-End came okay, but Meister's box was all crumpled on one corner.  I heard BBTS packs pretty good, but I wanted to know if there were any other e-tailers around.

Twin Moons Anime is another really great place to get them, along with other anime toys. BBTS does a stellar job packing things, but I think Tam at Twin Moons goes above and beyond. His hand-written "thank you" notes are a nice touch, too. Check out TMA here:

http://www.tmpanime.com/

Final question, any other sites to order Alternators from besides BigBadToystore.com and Walmart.com?  I've been ordering from Walmart, but they don't pack them too well (Toy and plastic bag filled with air).  My Dead-End came okay, but Meister's box was all crumpled on one corner.  I heard BBTS packs pretty good, but I wanted to know if there were any other e-tailers around.

Twin Moons Anime is another really great place to get them, along with other anime toys. BBTS does a stellar job packing things, but I think Tam at Twin Moons goes above and beyond. His hand-written "thank you" notes are a nice touch, too. Check out TMA here:

http://www.tmpanime.com/

AFAIK, Twin Moons only carries the Binaltech TF's and not the Alternators versions though. :)

Not that I had high hopes for the movie anyway, but it's been reported on TFW2005 that John Rogers will write the script for the Transformers movie. You may remember him as the mastermind who penned Catwoman. <_<

Off topic, but i managed to get some fansubs of Transformers Headmasters and Masterforce.....ahhh....fuzzy feeling in me. :D

Now I understand why it was dubbed.....since no new series was created after G1 season 3, I guess the Japs took it upon themselves to continue it. Listening to Grimlock, Blurrr etc in Japanese is really funny. But overall, they stay true to the American counterparts which is cool.

:)

Oh...and Master force....nothing like looking at a guy in a suit become into a robot. :lol:

so now deadend, tracks, meister, and grimlock are officially out? my local places havent gotten anything past hound

No Grimlock yet. But since Remy got him then we should see him at the end of November or early December in the US.

How is it that these people get these so soon? When its not out in stores? liek the S2000

Hong Kong.

They make them in Taiwan and China and they ship out from there to the US by boat. Some make it to the Hong Kong markets.

Just got Alternator Tracks today. Love it, though I areee that he really needed ball joints for his ankles. Their omission on the Corvettes, when the Vipers had ball joints is quite odd. Looks great though.

The only places I've been able to get Hasbro Alternators online has been BBTS and Wal Mart. The local wal-mart doesn't have crap anymore, and it's not worth going there all the time to check.

Wal Mart overcharges shipping a little, but it still comes out to under 30 bucks, so that's cool. I got Meister fromWal-mart.com, and Tracks from BBTS. I have Grimlock on Preorder from BBTS as well. I'm taking a pass on Swindle and Windcharger though.

0_o you know everytime I'll go to walmart I'll be looking for that mirror behind the giant plasma screen ready to break it so Walmart is no more :p (south park humor)

I'm not surprised they charge alot for shipping....that sucks....I was thinking "Wow wouldn't it be nice if I can go order up some Alternators!" and than I remember.........my computer crashed.

I'm sure it is Alternator Grimlock. It seems that alternators come out before binaltechs do now. That's good for you alternators collectors :lol:

w00ts! My local toy store called up and told me BT Grimlock has reached them  :blink:

That's fast!!! Either that or they have mistakenn.  <_<

Forgive my ignorance, but are you in the United States?

Nope....Malaysia....we seem to have a direct trading line with HK toy shops here. :lol:

And its the BT , not Alternator. Unless the shop attendant didn't know what he was talking about......

w00ts! My local toy store called up and told me BT Grimlock has reached them  :blink:

That's fast!!! Either that or they have mistakenn.  <_<

Forgive my ignorance, but are you in the United States?

Nope....Malaysia....we seem to have a direct trading line with HK toy shops here. :lol:

And its the BT , not Alternator. Unless the shop attendant didn't know what he was talking about......

Cool. Give us a review once you get it in your hands. I don't think anyone has reviewed the Binaltech version yet. B))

I dunno. As good as Grimlock may look in robot mode (and I like it quite a lot), I don't care one bit for the Mustang design. I wish he transformed into a different car...

Come to think of it, I want to see more BT/Alt kitbashes!

I dunno. As good as Grimlock may look in robot mode (and I like it quite a lot), I don't care one bit for the Mustang design. I wish he transformed into a different car...

Come to think of it, I want to see more BT/Alt kitbashes!

what do you mean by BT/Alt kit bashes?

I want an alternator Hot Rod!!

and I want it to be able to hold and store in his chest the Matrix from the MP Prime!

That would be great, but we'll have to hope for an expansion of the line beyond recent real cars. Maybe a Masterpiece Hot Rod? I remember hearing a rumor last year about a Masterpiece Rodimus...

I want an alternator Hot Rod!!

and I want it to be able to hold and store in his chest the Matrix from the MP Prime!

That would be great, but we'll have to hope for an expansion of the line beyond recent real cars. Maybe a Masterpiece Hot Rod? I remember hearing a rumor last year about a Masterpiece Rodimus...

They could use a real car in a custom design for racing and give it Hot Rod's paint scheme.

and well the matrix, they can make one special for an Alternator Hot Rod instead of using the one of MPC Prime

They could use a real car in a custom design for racing and give it Hot Rod's paint scheme.

and well the matrix, they can make one special for an Alternator Hot Rod instead of using the one of MPC Prime

You're right, my brain must be disjointed today. If Bin/Alt Grimlock can be a mustang I guess Hot Rod could be just about anything. I wonder what car would make a good Hot Rod? How about a 2005 Mercedes SLK?

And didn't Hasbro loose the rights to "Hot Rod"? So if we did get one he'd probably be named Hot Shot or Rodimus.

The SLK:

post-26-1099964639.jpg

You're right, my brain must be disjointed today. If Bin/Alt Grimlock can be a mustang I guess Hot Rod could be just about anything. I wonder what car would make a good Hot Rod? How about a 2005 Mercedes SLK?

Sticking the name "Hot Rod" on a Benz would make less sense than calling a Mustang "Grimlock". After all, a Hot Rod has to be an American car.

I'd say Chrysler/Plymouth Prowler, but the name association somehow bothers me. Maybe the Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6. It may have Benz and AMG parts, but it's still an American car.

You're right, my brain must be disjointed today.  If Bin/Alt Grimlock can be a mustang I guess Hot Rod could be just about anything.  I wonder what car would make a good Hot Rod?  How about a 2005 Mercedes SLK?

Sticking the name "Hot Rod" on a Benz would make less sense than calling a Mustang "Grimlock". After all, a Hot Rod has to be an American car.

I'd say Chrysler/Plymouth Prowler, but the name association somehow bothers me. Maybe the Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6. It may have Benz and AMG parts, but it's still an American car.

Heh, maybe so, but I was taking an aesthetic approach to it. Besides, they couldn't use the name "Hot Rod" anyway. And it's not like the original Hot Rod turned into an American car. :p

Edited by eriku

You're right, my brain must be disjointed today.  If Bin/Alt Grimlock can be a mustang I guess Hot Rod could be just about anything.  I wonder what car would make a good Hot Rod?  How about a 2005 Mercedes SLK?

Heh, maybe so, but I was taking an aesthetic approach to it. Besides, they couldn't use the name "Hot Rod" anyway. And it's not like the original Hot Rod turned into an American car. :p

Who's to say? Maybe the G1 Hot Rod was the 2025, or whatever year the TF movie was set in, model Mustang. :D

dude, it was 2005:

*The year is 2005. The treacherous Decepticons have taken the Autobots home planet of Cybertron but on two of Cybertron's moons...something somehting something....crap in a hat, I used to know every scence and line of the movie by ehart, I need to start wathcing it again

he was some kind of futuristic Earth car not like most of the other move transformers who's car mode look more like from cybertron. yeah the movie occurs in 2005

I want to see an Alternator Hot Rod, I don't care if they have to name is Rodimus, i thought Armada Hot Shot was suppose to be the new incarnation of Hot Rod because they lost the rights for the name.

I Just want an altenator that is able to use his hood as chest like some of the the G1 cars did of course I don't know how they could do it but it would be a nice varietion out of the transformations from the other Alterators.

Was any of the Mazda executive TF fans? they did a lot of publicity with Meister, or the other car companies also did similar things

dude, it was 2005:

*The year is 2005.  The treacherous Decepticons have taken the Autobots home planet of Cybertron but on two of Cybertron's moons...something somehting something....crap in a hat, I used to know every scence and line of the movie by ehart, I need to start wathcing it again

The last time I watched the movie was in '86 or so. Was Hot Rod's alt. mode supposed to represent 2005 Earth cars or Cybertronian cars? I was thinking Hot Rod/Rodimus was futuristic Earth designs whereas Kup & Blur were Cybertronian designs. Or maybe I made that up myself. :D

Looks like I got my answer before I even finished the post.

Edited by VF-1Guy