Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

6 hours ago, Mog said:

Is this how we're supposed to do "poses" now? :p

SkystrikerandPhantom.jpg.2ce2c3710cfcc1e697fced808e8382e6.jpg

Very cool, at first I thought the one the right is a Darkstar from Top Gun Maverick. Threw me off because of the pseudo-F-14 beside it lol.

After looking it up, am only realising now it’s an X-19. Are these the same as below video & really vintage items?

3 minutes ago, MKT said:

After looking it up, am only realising now it’s an X-19. Are these the same as below video & really vintage items?

That was actually the last GI Joe vehicle I ever owned. Around that time GI Joe was going out and Turtles were the big thing coming in

17 minutes ago, MKT said:

Very cool, at first I thought the one the right is a Darkstar from Top Gun Maverick. Threw me off because of the pseudo-F-14 beside it lol.

Yup, same fighter from 1988.  The front landing gear got a little wonky on me.  But it’s held together with some packing tape and such.

The two pilots are from the newer 25th anniversary line.  But the new figure still fits in the old X-19.

One of the things I like about the 25th line was that those figures could still fit in most vintage vehicles.  Not all of the vehicles, mind you.  But a good chunk of them.

So they are really vintage stuff... Awesome to see that design in 1988, and the size of those jets! :good:
Something we'll hardly see today unless it's some Haslab or kickstarter-type release. 

Even at this 1/18th or 3.75” scale, a lot of these planes are surprisingly underscaled.

I know a few folks on the board showed off what a true 1/18 scale fighter looks like.

Those things were beasts. :shok:

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Even at this 1/18th or 3.75” scale, a lot of these planes are surprisingly underscaled.

I know a few folks on the board showed off what a true 1/18 scale fighter looks like.

Those things were beasts. :shok:

If the were the proper size, my aunt would never have bought me that Rattler for Christmas. Or give my brother the Sky Striker. We never did get anyone to buy us the uss Flagg. And if that thing was actually in scale, only the richest of spoiled kids would’ve owned it

Here are the new cases, all of these are newly posed/placed in here. Motion sensors, programmable RGB lights, the rear is a curtain light.

Some is still a work in progress. The random Shenron is my tribute to Akira Toriyama. He sits up above them all in there.

Gate's drone is in there, somewhere if you want to play where's Waldo.

20240411_220228.jpg

20240411_220319.jpg

20240411_220332.jpg

20240411_220411.jpg

20240411_220422.jpg

2 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Here are the new cases, all of these are newly posed/placed in here. Motion sensors, programmable RGB lights, the rear is a curtain light.

Some is still a work in progress. The random Shenron is my tribute to Akira Toriyama. He sits up above them all in there.

Gate's drone is in there, somewhere if you want to play where's Waldo.

20240411_220228.jpg

20240411_220319.jpg

20240411_220332.jpg

20240411_220411.jpg

20240411_220422.jpg

Very nice display set up. :good:I love the lighting arrangement, especially the curtain lights at the back. 

They really should have mirror imaged a lot of the stickers for this bird:

SkystrikerAngled.jpg.d5346b72ec29ae75b010a249c2efa25f.jpg

But all that panel-lining experience on Macross birds helped with prettying this one up.

Ignoring who this is, I gotta say I'm quite impressed with the quality of UFO catcher / prize figures these days. The sculpt is pretty sharp, with very limited seam lines & molding flashes, and even some shading. This is even for a Sega figure as below, which traditionally have always been lagging behind other prize figure brands. 

Best of all, prize figure prices have stayed pretty much the same, as opposed to scaled figures whose prices have easily jumped 50% over the past handful of years.

LuminastaAkaneHououjiANRM2-b2v2nt.jpg.0d26fc64f8da0d93fb93128d8bcc4e38.jpg

LuminastaAkaneHououjiBNRM2-b2nt.jpg.7da0ad25993a65c71976ebe49041fb17.jpg