Yamato Monster??

Southcross

I posted this on the Valkyrie-Exchange boards... I'm going to try here just in case

Everywhere I look I keep seeing that Yamato is "supposed" to be releasing a 1/60 MACII Monster...  and everywhere I look they have different release dates (ranging from mid 2003?, spring 2004, blah blah blah, TBA).  Seems like no one knows, including Yamato.  does anyone have an update?

I understand that Yamato is bad about release dates, and there might be a tooling/mold problem... just hopeing to find a little more info about it

BTW does anyone know what the dimensions of this 1/60 scale monster will be?

I need to know if this will fit in my display case? :lol:

Well the height of the Monster is right about 85 feet to the Valk's 42 in Battroid mode.

The body will be about the size of a 19" or 21" inch CRT monitor, and cannon length to extend a couple of feet out.

Yamato Monster Wonderfest sculpt at booth

Old link, but unless they totally scrapped this guy and went back to the drawing board this should give you some idea of the scale. In the lower right hand picture, second from the bottom you can see it alone and there is a man's shoulder to the left of it. If you look closely at the top center and middle center pictures you can see the rear of the monster sitting next to the VE-1, that should give you some idea of the scale compared to a 1/60 plane, it is going to be big. Maybe saying coffee-table sized is exagerating a little, but not much :p

I posted this on the Valk-Ex boards:

Posted: Jan. 20 2004,10:58   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now don't get me wrong... its gonna be the biggest toy I will have seen (Next to old Tanka Toys and some of the huge play-area style toys from the 80s)

Based upon specifications for Mac II (sources: Pal550 Robotech RPG, and artemisgames.com)

22.5M tall

41.1M long w/barrel, 22.1m w/o barrel

9.75M wide

186.3 tons

372,600 lbs

now with a scale of 1/60 (I'm going to round the numbers a bit)

14.75" tall

26.97" long w/barrel

6.4" wide

(now taking into account that 1/60 will be off all three dimentions, making its mass to be (1/60)^3 or 1/216,000)

If it were a true scale model it would weigh 1.73lbs.  somehow I would guess its going to weigh more than that.

Also of note, every source seems to have different dimensions, but as I can tell these seem to be the closest to accurate.

hope that helps a little ;)

Ghadrack, very interesting pic. horribly blurry, but interesting. Now, I'm currious... it might be the depth of field, the fuzzyness, the angle.... but why is there a Mac-0 sign sitting in front of it? :huh:

Also, comparing it to the guy's/gal's sholder in the background is kinda missleading... having been a photographer for more than a decade, the depth of field is so far off on that pic you can't scale it to anything in the background. Secondly I do have a problem if thats the mold proto-type... the arms on the monster appear to be way too long for its body (I will have to look at my materials to check the "scale") :(

I don't think it will fit into any display case. You could use it for the base of a glass-top coffee table, though.

Just place an old aquarium upside down (and I'm not talking about one of those teenie "1 goldfish" kind of bowls)

That might just work.

I think the arms and rail cannons look too long in that prototype.

Actually what I would like to see (heck If I can find the right resources, I WILL build one). :D

1/33 scale Mac II Monster

26.8" tall

49" Long w/Barrel

11.63" wide

true scale weight 10.37lbs

The only question I will have to post one day to the Models forum is what would be the best construction. I used to be a machinist.... doing it in stainless steel or 440 aluminum (either polished up or nickel plated) would look awesome and be a piece of cake for me. Althogh it would weigh a freekin ton ;)

The only question I will have to post one day to the Models forum is what would be the best construction. I used to be a machinist.... doing it in stainless steel or 440 aluminum (either polished up or nickel plated) would look awesome and be a piece of cake for me. Althogh it would weigh a freekin ton ;)

Well, to cut down weight, I would suggest a steel frame with plastic body.. that way you can have rigidity in the structure yet be able to save weight.

PVC pipe barrel for sure, although if you want to install working weapons (!) you might need steel.

The problem is probably going to be the joints.

Ack! I never thought about making it move...hmmm that would be kind of a toughy. I was thinking more of a display model. Though I could be really dastardly and dig into my research papers and books from when I was an Engineering Major. Theoretically I could use a heavy high-speed Gyro, maybe two of them... and with the help of some heavy-duty RC model motors, I bet I could make it even walk :) (well presuming I make it light enough)

/emote pinky to corner of mouth and make DR Evil laugh

"for 100 Trillion Dollars I can build it"

Ok for real, my brain is hurting... found out the source I was looking at to make a scale drawing... well the scale was distorted or stretched width wise by atleast 20%... so I have to go re-scale the drawing to make it a "to-scale" drawing. Otherwise I'm going to wind up with a Monster that is wider than it is tall (and that aint right). Also doesn't help my first "blueprint" was drawn on a gross miscalculation... somehow *bang forehead on desk* I got 9.75m to equal 944in... almost 3 times bigger than the real dimension of 383.86in (must of hit the wrong button on my Calc)

I gonna do a writeup and some sketches, then post my Idear on the Model forum.

nah, its can't be... 1/200th scale would make it 4.42" tall... unless... the pictures were done really close up. That, and there is an aweful lot of detail for such a small scale.

then again what do I know... thats why I'm asking ;)

nah, its can't be... 1/200th scale would make it 4.42" tall... unless... the pictures were done really close up. That, and there is an aweful lot of detail for such a small scale.

then again what do I know... thats why I'm asking ;)

I have the model at home, its unfinished, but thier is a lot of detail for this kit, and they make a 1/200 armored valk also