METAL GEAR SOLID THE TWIN SNAKES Promotion Movie

Gunbuster

Oh my Gosh!!this game is going to Rule!!! I loved the first MGS on the Playsation (played like 6 times and can beat it in under 3.5 hours) anyway, this remake is even better than andy remake I have seen in any game. All the cut-scenes are redone...I had doubts..cause you can't make something better than "perfection" can you? Will they did!!! Now I will have to play this game any 3 times :lol: The director of the cut-scene in MGS got all the action movie directors names!! John woo got nothing and the matrix is child's play...ganted he stole all their stuff, but he brought them up to a new level

watch the trailer and you're see that this game should have been and could have been an awesome action movie!

http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/...lish/index.html

link to movie

http://jpn01.konami.co.jp/movie/mgs_tts/mg...tts_27min_e.asx

The "ninja" fights...drools..Fox vs Rex...drools

Edited by Gunbuster

If you're going to remake a game, MGS is a good game to remake. All the same, it's annoying the kind of half-assed support companies give the Gamecube. Sega especially with all their ported DC games (good games, but c'mon...). Companies complain that GC games don't sell, but no one ever seems to think if they released something other than crappy ports they might actually do well.

yeah, MGS:the twin snakes is going to be pretty friggin awesome, last footage i saw was the tgs stuff,and that had me sold. but it really is a sad state of affairs,when companys wont put out new content for gc,saying "it wont sell" when you know damn well,if its good it'll sell. i hope konami has the balls,and puts out some orignal content for gc,after MGS:TS sells through the roof. Id ether like personally them to do a new castlevania game for gc, or Remake MG2:Solid snake, Since that game in peticular never came to the states. Or even a new contra game would make me happy.

the Gc's a great syestem,its a shame it isnt getting much support.:(

I have MGS for the PS1 but I'm going to pick it up on the GC for sure. I'm really lacking in games on that system. All I have is Tony Hawk Pro Skater and the one Luegi(Sp?) game. I usually just borrowed games from my younger uncles since that is their main console.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I am wondering what the opinions are now that MGS: The Twin Snakes is out for Gamecube? Is it worth a purchase? Please tell me what you think if you have played the game! Lots to buy and I don't want to waste money on a bad game. :)

Thanks,

Melissa

I'm picking it up this weekend. Loved the original and wait to can't playit on the Cube. This is what a remake should be like.

If you never played the original then definitely pick it up no doubt.

Got mine last night, even though I told myself I'd wait until after I finished Ninja Gaiden. In a nutshell, the game is simply awesome. It's sorta like they took the play control system and graphics from MGS2, but then took the superb story from MGS and fused them. This is a good thing because I despised the eccentric story in MGS2. Twin Snakes, though, is a surefire winner. Oh, and it's only $40! Go pick it up, you'll be very glad you did.

I ordered this for my fiancee and she got it today in the mail (got it from Best Buy online, had a free memory card with purchase deal going on). She likes it a lot... I'm basically running around the first part of the beginning being an ass :lol: .

I had this game on the PS1 waaaaay back when and I can honestly say they have really changed the play mechanics a lot, some of the tricks I remember pulling are not working anymore... either I've gotten dumber or the troops are smarter.

Are there dogtags to collect in this one?

Yes there are.

And It's only $29.99 at Fry's I'm going to pick it up after work. :D

:eek: I hope I'm not too late for the sale.

This is probably gonna be the next Gamecube game I'll be picking up. B))

Konami should have used the original voice track, it was perfect! The new voice acting seems lifeless compared to the original. <_<

I just saw the MGS:TTS 2003 E3 Promo Vid. I guess they couldn't use the original voice tracks because it required slight changes. Such as Praying Mantis' telepathy scene, in the vid you can hear him say stuff like.

"You enjoy playing Nintendo games."

"I've heard that Hideo Kojima respects Shigeru Miyamoto."

B)):p:D

Seeing as my copy is technically my fiancee's game I have not had the time to play it as much as I would like but from what I can remember (keep in mind the last time I played the original MGS was in '98 when the game came out) the new Twin Snakes is 100% the same as the original with minor tweaks for the new play mechanics, such as lockers being added here and there. As far as I can tell the level designs, item layouts and troop concentrations are almost exactly the same as well... oh and from what I can tell the story is the same too, with minor alterations for the new fancy graphics and new vocals.

I would say if you have played the orignal recently then you might not like this game as much... but if you are like me and it has been 6 years since you played it then the game will be a very fresh experience. The only downside to playing it is the constant feelings of deja vu I keep getting, it's like being psychic and playing a new game and saying "more ammo is innnn.... HERE!" :lol:

I myself would have rather seen them take the route Capcom took with the Gamecube Resident Evil remake and totally remix the game and add new things... but meh this one is just fine as it is.

I've now beaten it, it's just as short as I remember it being. I only noticed a few changes in the map, such as in the metal gear storage facility, there is now a walkway behind it instead of walking over it, which makes more sense really, who wants boot prints on their multi-billion dollar super weapon? But man, what's with the bullet time? Give it a rest already.