New Area 88 TV series

Valkyrie

Seen it. The 3D cell shaded graphic is so-so, but a bit better than what I expected. Dog fight scenes are quite unrealistic with planes coming up at other's tail at parking distance. Not much is shown about the characters or the story.

Planes shown are consistent with what was abailable in the 70s:

F-8E Crusader

F-14 Tomcat

A-4 Skyhawk

F-4 Phantom

UH-1Huey

J35 Draken

MiG 15/17/19

storywise, is the new Area88 same as the original?  how many episodes are being planned for the new one? 

loved the original...

The new remake is a 12 episode tv series.

Story wise at the least the first episode followed pattern. The main differences from the old ones so far is that the Matsumoto like character designs are gone, and the VA's are all new (since believe at least one of the main characters VAs from the older OVA has died), and a couple of name differences and McCoy now appears to have a kid sidekick.

Edited by Panon

• 2 weeks later...

I have just seen the two episodes. So far I like it. Just a fun series to me that is not to be taken seriously. If I want serious I will watch Mospeada or GITS SAC.

Maybe it will start a buzz and get the rest of the old series released in the States on DVD. I finally broke down and bought the HK boot of the old series. I got tired of waiting. VHS sucks!

sigh why must EVERY single donloadable movie or video file be on its own simple unique codex or require a completely unique program to open it up... having thousands of unrelated programs on yoru computer make computers slow =(

Just grab FFDShow it will run most stuff.

sigh why must EVERY single donloadable movie or video file be on its own simple unique codex or require a completely unique program to open it up... having thousands of unrelated programs on yoru computer make computers slow =(

Huh? The only thing you need is ffdshow.

Huh? Something's wrong there. The file is 176.9 megs. And I had no problems downloading it.

Try stopping the download, deleting the file, then download it again.

Oh, and make sure you have enough hard drive space left for it. If you only had 50 megs free, that'd be your problem right there ^_^

I am currently downloading the file and it says that it is 176.7 Megs, so I guess the fact that the main download page has it listed as being 50 Megs is just a type-o. It is also is listed as not having been uploaded or download, which I have to assume is another mistake.

BTW, where's a good place to download episode 3 of Macross Zero (I still have yet to see it!)?

I'll have to check out Area 88 one of these days. :)

try iMacrossIV, that's where i get all my macross stuff. (i just wish i could find the original SDF:Macross tv series on it)