Random things you've picked out watching Macross

rewooh

Actually, it's clearly a Budweiser can.  They even have the sticker for the Yamato 1/48 Fps, IIRC...

Sorry I don't have the screen cap right now.  It's not that hard to spot, I actually saw it the first time I watched DYRL.

That's strange; maybe my copy of DYRL is different. I wish I had a way of posting up the still shot of what is on my TV screen. The missile/can has a picture of a man and a couple of Japanese characters - no Budweiser logo, though.

That's the other gag missile in the sequence--the "octopus highball." It's a anthropomorphic octopus with the word "tako" next to it. The Budweiser can isn't hard to miss--it fills the entire frame for one frame.

That's the other gag missile in the sequence--the "octopus highball." It's a anthropomorphic octopus with the word "tako" next to it. The Budweiser can isn't hard to miss--it fills the entire frame for one frame.

How many "gag missiles" are there in DYRL? So we have two so far - Budweiser can (which I still can find) and an anthropomorphic octopus.

Did anyone notice the Dynaman Dynarobo toy in the back behind the Valk model's and Tetsuwan Atomu? I gotta kick outta that because I still have my Bandai/Popy DX Dynarobo, not the Godaikin version.

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

There's also the Duke's autogyro from Castle of Cagliostro there.

Oh yeah! Some kid at the Close Encounters Arcade was playing a Lupin type game and it was from Castle Of Cagliostro? Cool!

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

On the episode that Rolli, Konda, and Warera are selling toys there's a Tamiya (a model company) logo on their stand, also in DYRL there's a picture of the Prometheus and the Daedalus on Global's room and the last one: in Macross 2, D-boy from Tekkaman Blade (Blade in Teknoman for the USA guys) appears on one of the last episodes looking at one of those big monitors.

Later folks

;)

Oh yeah! Some kid at the Close Encounters Arcade was playing a Lupin type game and it was from Castle Of Cagliostro? Cool!

~G25

Yep and if you were lucky (and old enough at the time - i miss the old arcades) right next to "Dragon's Den" they had "Cliff Hanger" - also a videodisc-based arcade game - except using snippets of LUPIN anime to drive the plot no kidding lol. i played that game out - but stopped when they installed the cheat function (subtitles would flash to tell you how to move, how cheap) -so the vid game in that macross episode was an actual game in the arcade at the time! i love the 80's!

Oh I found a pic of the Arcade dashboard -

marcha.jpg

Edited by JValk

~G25

Yep and if you were lucky (and old enough at the time - i miss the old arcades) right next to "Dragon's Den" they had "Cliff Hanger" - also a videodisc-based arcade game - except using snippets of LUPIN anime to drive the plot no kidding lol. i played that game out - but stopped when they installed the cheat function (subtitles would flash to tell you how to move, how cheap) -so the vid game in that macross episode was an actual game in the arcade at the time! i love the 80's!

Oh I found a pic of the Arcade dashboard -

marcha.jpg

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...r=&game_id=7352

How about that? Gameplay shots

And it appears they didn't install a cheat mod, it was already built-in and they just flipped a switch to enable it.

~G25

Aww shucks. You beat me to it. That's the episode where Max and Millia have their video game battle.

As for the Misa, that's from the Orguss TV show where Kei recounts his past girlfriends including Minmay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but I suspect that one of the micron artifacts that Exedor and Britai are examining at the very beginning of DYRL is a robotic condom vending machine. At least, it has the word "skinless" printed on it and the line art in the Gold Book seems to show buttons marked "S", "M", and "L". (The other machine is a cigarette vendor.)

My favorites are still the Christopher Walken sign while Roy is driving through the city in Pinapple Salad...

I must see this!!

I've downloaded the Robotech version of Pineapple Salad, but alas!

D=

Could you point me to it a bit more?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...