Mysterious character

Aegis!

Well , it´s been a wonderful day , today I´ve found more Macross images than in the whole year , but the reason I made this topic is to discuss the following pic:

post-25-1073868517.jpg

I´m sure you´re thinking the same as me at this moment...nooo , I´m not talking about Hikaru´s decapitated 1S <_< (it´s hikaru I´mm sure , it´s has red spots not Roy´s yellow ones ) I mean that guy with the white shirt next to Minmay , I think it might be the man himself , yes I think is Kawamori-sama !!!

Can anyone verify this ? What do you think ?

What mustache?

Unless that's a shadow under comic Kawamori's nose that sure looks like a mustache. :blink:

It´s certainly a shadow , it seems Mikimoto (who I pressume is the author of this pic) made Kawamori with a BIG nose.

unfortunately I couldn´t find a better pic , in fact this is the only version I have of this illustration but I´m 88% sure that´s Kawamori. I would like to know what´s happening in that pic , why dp the bridge bunnies want to beat Kawamori ? and why is Max so embarrassed ? WTH is going on with the 1S head unit BTW ?

Yes, that is Kawamori-san. The little tag does indeed say "Kawamori" on it. Even without being able to read what everyone is saying, it's still pretty easy to see why Max is embarrassed. Jenius-san is saying "Ahoga....." ("Idiots")

While I don't know what Aegis!'s source is, I have the image in the Mikimoto art book, "Movement"

Mikimoto seems to take a perverse joy in drawing Kawamori wierd (just look at my avatar).

Thats Kawamori? I thought it was one of the Zentraedi spies (name escapes me at the moment).

You're probably thinking of Rolli/Lolli (aka Rico in RT). I've wondered if he was modelled on Kawamori. Do the other two resemble anyone else on the original Macross staff?

And if so, does the supposed fact that "Warera loli konda" means "We are pedophiles" have any additional (hopefully joking) significance?

Okay I printed the pic out and showed my wife (Yes she is Japanese). This a loose translation as to what is going on.

Basically it is the end of the Macross TV Series. The "Actors" want to know what is going to happen next, as Kawamori says they aren't needed anymore.

Minmay says - "I just want to sing one more song...."

Hikaru is grabing the VF-1S head in defiance..

Kawamori is saying "You guys don't have to do anything anymore...it's over...(loosely - no direct translation)

Max is calling Kawamori an "Idiot"

The Bridge Bunnies are aiming for Kawamori and the one that is speaking is saying "Impossible!" (maybe)

She did say that it was difficult to read and it was "Slang" Japanese - This was probably a private joke among the Studio Nue / Big West group - or even just directed at Kawamori himself.

Rob MN

Nice find, Aegis. Yes, I thought it was Kawamori as soon as I saw the picture.

Are you going to post links to all the pics you found today?

I´m proaly post some of the pics I foun in the fanart section to see if some of the masters here can do wallpapers of them (their very high defenetion scans ).

I don´t have a webspace where to save the pics and I have the link in my home PC (am in the beach now enjoying the sun :lol:;) now ) so I couldn´t post the link directly , I only have a few that I sent to my email account before leaving home.

Thanks Monkey-N for the transaltion , your help is much appreciated , I found it very funny indeed , it seems Mikimoto has a obsession on drawing Kawamori in funny situations. I think the pic is mostly reffering to the fact that after the TV series KAwamori lost all interest in continuing the Macross franchise (until he was ¨forced¨ to do Macross + - it wasn´t supposed to be a macross project-).

why dp the bridge bunnies want to beat Kawamori ?

I thnk thier target is Minmei. :D

ME too>>> Monkey nugs says Minmae wants to sing again...hence Hikarus & "nessa- ala bridge gals" reacton. :o:angry: " When two are in love,,,,la lalalalalaaa..when two are in love........, ' :wacko:

Max is just DONE>>>>>GO MAX!!!!!