1/60 VA-3 3D Printing

MILKAUTICO

After a long time of deciding if I was still obsessed with the ugly VA-3 I finally decided to print it in 3D. I hope this motivates many who helped me with the model and can do it in better quality, to prove that this ugly valk that many do not like is really interesting.

The same is only in combat mode and when it is finished, bonded, sanded and painted I hope to change a lot for the better.

It is really big especially for the length of the wings and gave a fight when it was printed. I hope you like it and upload the captures when finished.

enjoy it

12186176_1686304771604574_1363520297_o.jpg

invaderrender_zps4d949911.jpg~original.jpg

VA3 1-60.jpg

VA-3 1-60.jpg

16730045_784706218361639_868050842_n.jpg

16709360_785881788244082_1779695465_o.jpg

16776010_786400618192199_2006256386_o.jpg

40 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Looking really nice! I wish I had a quality printer at home too. These printing services cost a lot in comparison.

Thanks!!! I hope someday you or Exo or JASONC that I have bothered to the point, can make a transformable model of the VA-3, I think it will be an event, since only the people of Experten have done it but in 1/100.

The impression is made by a friend who is dedicated to printing things, works very well.  I really believe that 3d printers are becoming more tangible and reduce the costs of people like you who make good models.

I hope someday you take the VA-3 as a project 
:D

On 18/2/2017 at 11:44 PM, trojan_gambit said:

That bird is ugly, but it's unique.

Are you printing the wings with the bombs attached ? I'm curious about the printed result.

In the first instance we started to print together and then we cut it, but it did not go very well, then we printed separately so I was much better. When I have everything, I will share more images.

See in relation to a medium-sized hammer, although it is a solid piece is a good start, I would like a more detailed model but I can not get a better one.

16776226_786604251505169_1440910002_o.jpg

Looks gorgeous. The ugly VA-3 is definitely a swan. If I can find time to brush up my CAD skills, I can finish the transforming version. I just don't have great skills in designing these yet, but I could. It's just taking forever.

Many people say the A-10 is an ugly plane.  That is until it's providing cover overhead!  This looks great!  Are you going to give it an acetone bath to smooth it over? - MT

Nothing to be afraid here, I have started making 3D prints with such facets it only requires a lot of sanding to smooth everything out. One thing though, it is best done with a rotary tool, except if you want big fore arms ;)

I usually use these in 60 - 100 grit : http://www.dremeleurope.com/general/en/dremel®ezspeedclicsandingdiscs-495-ocs-p/

Then when they got used, I reserved them as if they are higher grit or as polishers

2 hours ago, MechTech said:

Many people say the A-10 is an ugly plane.  That is until it's providing cover overhead!  This looks great!  Are you going to give it an acetone bath to smooth it over? - MT

If it is the idea. But unfortunately they do not sell acetone, since it is regulated by the government and you have to have a special permit, which leaves me with the only option of doing this process with this. Jejeje

13532765_10154285236381460_977955951646139135_n.jpg

Edited by MILKAUTICO
error in traslate

22 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Podes ir a una química y comprar "acetato de butilo" es acetona rebajada y sirve igual. Yo la uso para limpiar resina cuando arreglo mis tablas de surf.

Esta buena esa, voy a tratar de ver si en San luis se consigue y sino lo mando a pedir, gracias por el dato!!!!

4 hours ago, MechTech said:

I've never understood that theory, the A-10 is one of the coolest looking aircraft of all time! And this VA-3 is looking very intriguing. 

19 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I've never understood that theory, the A-10 is one of the coolest looking aircraft of all time! And this VA-3 is looking very intriguing. 

I think the same, I think that's why I like it so much, just to see it in dynamite 7 I liked it better, "if some pirates took it as a fighting vessel is for something" jejeje