Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '3d printing'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • MWF Information
    • MW Site News & Member Feedback
  • Macross Broadcasting System
    • Movies and TV Series
    • Anime or Science Fiction
  • OverTechnology Think Tank
    • Toys
    • Model kits
    • The Workshop!
    • Games
    • Collectors
  • Fan Works, Local Gatherings and Homepages
    • Fan Works
    • Conventions and Local Gatherings
    • Homepages
  • ¡Mucho Locura!
    • Reglas, Info y Asuntos Relacionados con el Sitio
    • Juguetes, Modelos y Estatuillas
    • Animación, Música y Multimedia
    • Más o Menos Macross (Otros Animes, Ci-Fi y Aventura)
  • Reviews & Archive
    • Macross Reviews
    • Hall Of The Super Topics
  • Test Area
    • Test forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Old MW Name


Old MW Post count

Found 4 results

  1. Because Macross is the coolest. (Extra credit for naming the greeblies and easter eggs!) xoxo, arbit I thought I would make a separate topic for this add-on, since it has a large amount of detail on its own, and can be attached to any flight deck. Full detailed WIP will follow once I get my resources together. Character figures are made by me, using a lot of stock 3D parts from around the internet. Barrels/Lifeboats from Thingiverse, edited by @Xigfrid to add the Macross flag. Barrel racks by @Xigfrid Original SDF-1 3D model made by GUILLEABM83 on Cults3d, heavily edited, separated, and hollowed by me for printing and lighting. Thanks to Guillermo for his awesome work! Macross robots and cameras by OIM on Cults3d. Thanks Olivier! Go check out his library of Macross figures. Platform made by me from super duper secret greeblies on Thingiverse.
  2. I've pinned the final build video up top, followed by the WIP in the rest of the thread. This is a new build to continue my motorized Ranger squadron, but this time I am using Xigfrid's Shapeways 3D printed gear. With Xigfrid's gear I got a much smoother operation, and in many ways an easier installation, although I can't say its ever that easy to cut into your valk like this. I also learned from my last build for the Motorized 1/72 VF-1S Launch Arm to pay closer attention to the type and speed of the motor as well as the coding to test full performance before final installation. In the last build I ended up with a slower motor speed than I expected. I also wanted to give a better step-by-step WIP with Xigfrid's gear, which will be coming up.
  3. After a long time of deciding if I was still obsessed with the ugly VA-3 I finally decided to print it in 3D. I hope this motivates many who helped me with the model and can do it in better quality, to prove that this ugly valk that many do not like is really interesting. The same is only in combat mode and when it is finished, bonded, sanded and painted I hope to change a lot for the better. It is really big especially for the length of the wings and gave a fight when it was printed. I hope you like it and upload the captures when finished. enjoy it
  4. So we don't continue to derail the various specific project threads related to Shapeways, figured a catch-all thread for on-going discussion could be helpful. I know a lot of people are looking at Shapeways and thinking "ooh, I should try that," so a generic advice/tips thread should be helpful. We've had various tips and experiences scattered throughout individual project threads so far. If this would go better in the Models or Workshop section, anyone who has the power to do so, please feel free to make the move. I imagine Macross stuff will pop up here from time to time, but it won't be limited to that. So yeah, open discussion, teaser pics, questions, requests, anything relating to using the service itself. I'm just now learning how to set these up, so I'm expecting a lot of (possibly expensive) trial and error learning here. Decided to start with something I already had a model handy for, and just work on converting it to a kit-like format. So far, it's all built to exact fit, so I expect to either do a lot of sanding, or add tolerances into the parts. Some of you old-school computer simmers might reconignize this one. I'm setting this up for a decently large printing, and so far the parts shown there have uploaded, and haven't generated any kind of errors, so once I get the rest built I'll probably try a test printing. Wingspan is about 4 inches, so I'm expecting the length to be around 6-7 inches assembled. Cost so far is up to about $40 for what's shown, so I'll probably shrink it further for testing. I'm going to aim for 1/100 scale if it's practical, 1/144 if it gets too expensive.
×
×
  • Create New...