The Medicom - Mafex - RAH Thread

33 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm only concerned it looks like pleather which will inhibit movement.  Otherwise every softgoods Mafex figure has been perfect.

I can’t really say perfect, but better than most companies for sure. The stitching is a bit obvious and a bit too fuzzy looking, but far better quality than others

Posted (edited)

Looks good but you won't be able to put her in proper flight poses with any of those head sculpts.  Also permanent wind swept hair limits pose options.

Edited by Mommar

I was hoping this would be the one Rogue to rule them all but while there is no definitive face for her, this looks off.  I mean it still looks ok, just off. And is there really not another hair option? That’s kind of a deal breaker for me.

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

I was hoping this would be the one Rogue to rule them all but while there is no definitive face for her, this looks off.  I mean it still looks ok, just off. And is there really not another hair option? That’s kind of a deal breaker for me.

Hopefully there will be another. I still like it enough to pick one up just so Gambit can quit hitting on Psylocke. The other females had an extra hair piece if I remember correctly 

Posted (edited)

She’s up at bbts. But over a hundred bucks and they won’t get it until an entire year from now.

I’ll wait and see how much she is at one of the Japanese sites. $100 is too much for me, especially when Gambit was less than $60

just saw she’s up at hlj. $85 isn’t much better especially with the higher shipping cost

Edited by Big s

2 hours ago, Big s said:

She’s up at bbts. But over a hundred bucks and they won’t get it until an entire year from now.

I’ll wait and see how much she is at one of the Japanese sites. $100 is too much for me, especially when Gambit was less than $60

just saw she’s up at hlj. $85 isn’t much better especially with the higher shipping cost

I know HLJ will charge you once the item becomes available. Is there a way to pay it now if the conversion is still lower compared to when viewed it using dollar on the item page? Right now, Y11210 is $71.42 instead of $85. And like you said, probably shipping cost in the end will probably still hit you at $100 total down the line.

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I know HLJ will charge you once the item becomes available. Is there a way to pay it now if the conversion is still lower compared to when viewed it using dollar on the item page? Right now, Y11210 is $71.42 instead of $85. And like you said, probably shipping cost in the end will probably still hit you at $100 total down the line.

$71 ish at hobby search and I have some points there that will give me some savings, so I’ll probably order from there unless I see a fantastic price pop up. Inflation sucks and she doesn’t even seem to come with much other than the basics.

well I got FOMO'd on rogue.   ordered from NIN-NIN.  checked out as Yen with 1-2 week air parcel.  total bank charge  $83.06. 

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/mafex/128750-mafex-no-242-x-men-rogue-comic-ver-medicom-toy-.html

i just paid it up front now as who knows when this will actually be released and what the exchange rate will be.

still less than hlj before shipping. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...