Soul Caliber II today!

Hoptimus

What Soul Caliber II verson are you buying?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What Soul Caliber II verson are you buying?

• Xbox with Spawn
    • PS2 with Heihachi
    • Gamecube with Link

No, Hwang wasn't in the arcade version, nor the JP release. There's "The guy who looks and fights like Hwang" but he's not Hwang.

And Sophitia is an easily unlockable character. (I KNOW she's there, I've played as her--she's got probably the best 3rd outfit of all, as opposed to Seung Mina, who has the all-time worst 3rd outfit of all time)

He is but in a different form. He shows up as a charicter called assasin. He wears a turban style mask and you have to unlock him in Weapon Master mode. Rock is also back as Beserker and so is Lizardman. These 3 charicters are added to the US release. I bought the Xbox one last night and I love it. Spawn is awesome.

Does anybody have a complete list of which charactors from the first game made the crossover?? I am really hoping my three favorites (Taki, Seigfred, and Voldo) made it in.

EDIT: I am getting the PS2 version, that's the system I have.

Edited by muswp1

Does anybody have a complete list of which charactors from the first game made the crossover?? I am really hoping my three favorites (Taki, Seigfred, and Voldo) made it in.

EDIT: I am getting the PS2 version, that's the system I have.

Almost all characters made the cross in one for or another. Ziegfried (he is not Nightmare anymore), Taki and Voldo did make the cut.

Guys, buy at Gamestop, because I work there! Gamestop is cooler than EB anyway. ;)

I got the Xbox version. In addtion to having Heihachi for a lame bonus character, the PS2 has slowdown and nasty load times. As for Gamecube... Link is cool, but NOT my favorite character. And the Controller S beats the Wavebird for fighters.

The art book is a very nice freebie, but beware Voldo's page...

Guys, buy at Gamestop, because I work there! Gamestop is cooler than EB anyway. ;)

I got the Xbox version. In addtion to having Heihachi for a lame bonus character, the PS2 has slowdown and nasty load times. As for Gamecube... Link is cool, but NOT my favorite character. And the Controller S beats the Wavebird for fighters.

Bah! The Xbox controller sucks at anything period. The GC controller is much better..... except for fighting games, but then again... both are bad fro fighting games. <_<

But you are right.... Gamestop is better then EBworld.

Truth is, it doesn't really matter to me, because I suck at fighting games. So I probably won't be getting it, anyway.

Although I enjoy playing fighting games, I suck at it when it comes to combo attacks and attack moves, especially on 2-D games.

However, I find 3-D fighting games more easier because the player can hurt the opponent with simple blows and kicks. My uncles suck at almost all of my PS2 games (even Gran Tsurismo 3) but find Dead or Alive 2 much easier to play. And yes, they were oogling at the DOA gals and always pick the girls to play. :lol: As one of them say about Tina (about her cowgirl outfit), "Wow, it looks like stepped into the nudie bar at Missisauga." :lol:

As one friend of mine says to me on how to play with fighting games, "You must be one with the controller."

Truth is, it doesn't really matter to me, because I suck at fighting games. So I probably won't be getting it, anyway.

Although I enjoy playing fighting games, I suck at it when it comes to combo attacks and attack moves, especially on 2-D games.

However, I find 3-D fighting games more easier because the player can hurt the opponent with simple blows and kicks. My uncles suck at almost all of my PS2 games (even Gran Tsurismo 3) but find Dead or Alive 2 much easier to play. And yes, they were oogling at the DOA gals and always pick the girls to play. :lol: As one of them say about Tina (about her cowgirl outfit), "Wow, it looks like stepped into the nudie bar at Missisauga." :lol:

As one friend of mine says to me on how to play with fighting games, "You must be one with the controller."

Oh! So you are only good at button mashers? :lol:

Now that Gamestop has changed there return policy (again) <_< Gamestop and EB are exactly the same again. Since I can't return games I don't like anymore. I'll go to fry's or Best Buy since they are always cheaper. :ph34r:

I'll go to fry's or Best Buy since they are always cheaper. :ph34r:

I just saw the Fry's Electronics ad...it's $49.99 (but I gotta wait until 4PM for pickup) plus you get a shirt and poster. How much is it going for at Best Buy? :ph34r:

I just saw the Fry's Electronics ad...it's $49.99 (but I gotta wait until 4PM for pickup) plus you get a shirt and poster. How much is it going for at Best Buy? :ph34r:

I'll take a guess that Best Buy's is 49.99 too. They don't discount video games like they used to.

I'll take a guess that Best Buy's is 49.99 too. They don't discount video games like they used to.

You can get a $5.00-off discount coupon when you put money on a Best Buy gift card (which you can use towards the purchase of the game itself, on top of the $5-off coupon), so you can get the game for $44.99 + tax there.

Target offers a $5.00 gift card when you buy the game there, but you can't use the card until a later visit.

I'm not getting the game yet, but between my roomates and I, we've got all three consoles. When I do get the game, it'll be X-Box version. I got a 38' Sony HDTV along with a Denon AVR-3803 reciever, so the X-box version is the only game that can take full advantage of my setup. I have no love for Spawn and would rather have Link, but the GC doesn't support component cables (yet) nor does it support DD. I don't particularly like the X-box's D-pad when it comes to fighting games, but that's what the PS2 adapter is for. B)

Ok, going to rephrase/specify:

Assassin/Berserker/Lizardman were in the JP version, but not playable. In the US, they're playable. Yes, Assassin is obviously supposed to be Hwang.

But is there *Hwang* playable in the game? As in looks like Hwang and everything. Not Hwang wearing a mask pretending to be someone else. Simply, plain, Hwang. Nigh-identical to the DC Soul Calibur version.

I'm not getting the game yet, but between my roomates and I, we've got all three consoles.  When I do get the game, it'll be X-Box version.  I got a 38' Sony HDTV along with a Denon AVR-3803 reciever, so the X-box version is the only game that can take full advantage of my setup.  I have no love for Spawn and would rather have Link, but the GC doesn't support component cables (yet) nor does it support DD.  I don't particularly like the X-box's D-pad when it comes to fighting games, but that's what the PS2 adapter is for.  B)

The Gamecube supports component. You have to order it from Here. Now it doesnt support DD 5.1 just Dolby Pro Logic II.

Ok, going to rephrase/specify:

Assassin/Berserker/Lizardman were in the JP version, but not playable. In the US, they're playable. Yes, Assassin is obviously supposed to be Hwang.

But is there *Hwang* playable in the game? As in looks like Hwang and everything. Not Hwang wearing a mask pretending to be someone else. Simply, plain, Hwang. Nigh-identical to the DC Soul Calibur version.

Nope. You are SOL.

I'm not getting the game yet, but between my roomates and I, we've got all three consoles.  When I do get the game, it'll be X-Box version.  I got a 38' Sony HDTV along with a Denon AVR-3803 reciever, so the X-box version is the only game that can take full advantage of my setup.  I have no love for Spawn and would rather have Link, but the GC doesn't support component cables (yet) nor does it support DD.  I don't particularly like the X-box's D-pad when it comes to fighting games, but that's what the PS2 adapter is for.  B)

The Gamecube supports component. You have to order it from Here. Now it doesnt support DD 5.1 just Dolby Pro Logic II.

It does support component (Nintendo only though)... but the game doesn't support progressive scan. <_<

It does support component (Nintendo only though)... but the game doesn't support progressive scan. <_>

Soul Caliber II does 480P on the Cube. Just not the 720P that the Xbox does. ;)

Too bad it doesn't have online play... I'd love to shred you guys with Mitsurugi, or Kilik, or Seung Mina, or Lizard Man, or Astaroth, or Xianghua, or Nightmare, or Yoshimitsu, or Cervantes, or Taki.....

lol

We spent 5 months playing 8v8 random battles in Soul Calibur. I'm glad the sequel adds new strategies because we have some epic battles...

Oh man, so Nintendo finally got off their arses and released component cables. It's a blessing and a curse, because I highly doubt Nintendo uses a lot of shielding on their cables, just enough to get the job done. If only Monster could reverse-engineer the GC's EEPROM protection. As for Pro Logic II, it ain't sh1t. :lol:

Already had the GameCube import. Link was well designed and of the three characters, he's the only one that possible fits (since he's a.) not from Earth and b.) is constantly reborn in various times). It's a shame they couldn't have used medieval Spawn, but he's both not as popular as Spawn and his license isn't in McFarlane's hands. I also think it would've been nice had Heihachi been his ancestor...so there could've been some historical feud between his family and Yoshimitsu's.

I may wind up picking up the X-Box version just to have a slightly prettier version (and have Lizardmen, etc unlocked in a stable way). Plus I hear some of the English dubbing is horrible, which is always fun. I personally want a Soul Calibur game where everyone speaks their native language and except for those from the same country and maybe a select few, everyone's response is basically "I didn't understand anything you just said! Die!" :D

huh? Lizard mans unlocking destabilzes the system on the GC? *makes note not to unlock this character*

Already had the GameCube import. Link was well designed and of the three characters, he's the only one that possible fits (since he's  a.) not from Earth and b.) is constantly reborn in various times). It's a shame they couldn't have used medieval Spawn, but he's both not as popular as Spawn and his license isn't in McFarlane's hands. I also think it would've been nice had Heihachi been his ancestor...so there could've been some historical feud between his family and Yoshimitsu's.

I may wind up picking up the X-Box version just to have a slightly prettier version (and have Lizardmen, etc unlocked in a stable way). Plus I hear some of the English dubbing is horrible, which is always fun. I personally want a Soul Calibur game where everyone speaks their native language and except for those from the same country and maybe a select few, everyone's response is basically "I didn't understand anything you just said! Die!"  :D

huh? Lizard mans unlocking destabilzes the system on the GC? *makes note not to unlock this character*

I doubt it. It wasn't unlockable in the japanese version and I seriously doubt Namco would have let a bug like that sneak past them. <_<

Just like I purchased my Dreamcast for the purpose of buying Soul Calibur, I got an Xbox for the sole reason of playing Soul Calibur II. So Obviously I'll be buying the Xbox version of the game.

I've read the reveiws and they've been really good so far. Not as good as Soul Calibur, but it's hard to beat the perfect game :) I'll be purchasing the game at a local Future Shop as soon as it's released. In the interim, I have Halo to play, Bowling for Columbine to watch, and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers to obtain on DVD today :)

Nope. You are SOL.

Then I shall save $50 by keeping my JP GC version, and use the money for F-Zero X. :)

F-Zero is crazy fast. I picked that up as well. Whooooooooo. Almost makes your guts wanna crawl out. :unsure:

Just to let you guys know. If you're interested in picking up Soul Caliber II from Best Buy, the September issue of EGM has a $5 OFF COUPON for all three systems (page 105). I guess I know where I'll be getting my copy from. :ph34r:

I may wind up picking up the X-Box version just to have a slightly prettier version (and have Lizardmen, etc unlocked in a stable way).

A mistake in my wording. There should be no problem with Lizardman in the U.S. GC release of SC2. The Japanese version, however, could only have Lizardman, Assassin, etc unlocked via cheat codes. You could use them, but sometimes you'd just lock the game up.

So what I should've said was that I might pick up the X-Box version to have Lizardman unlocked in a stable way as opposed to the work-around in the Japanese GC version.

Hope that clears it up.

Nope. You are SOL.

Then I shall save $50 by keeping my JP GC version, and use the money for F-Zero X. :)

F-Zero is crazy fast. I picked that up as well. Whooooooooo. Almost makes your guts wanna crawl out. :unsure:

Man... you guys better put more Wavebirds on your Christmas Lists. I heard that game is hard... not as in "challenging so you get your money's worth" hard, but more like "I'd rather go and cut the grass" hard.