1/48 1S fokker reissue

adrainx

got my 1/48 1S fokker reissue today from wondershowcase(thanks noel!)

after goin thru the forums abt QC problems pple had with the 1st issue i hope i wont have to see any pimples and crooked skulls....

i am glad mine did not have any of those....the pilot seat headrest had the new curvy thing....BUT the bloody seam thing at the head WAS STILL THERE!!! :angry:

pretty pissed with it....it quite spoils the battroid look....sigh.... <_<

oh well.....have a happy new year everyone

lets pray for more great macross toys to come our way(with NO QC probs) :lol:

Yeah the head seam is a design flaw, not a QC flaw. Only if it was seriously gaping open would it be considered a QC flaw. The only QC problem I ran into was a cracked hip joint, but I have a replacement on the way :)

Edited by GobotFool

My 1S reissue head is perfect. (Quality of my 1S reissue is 10x better than my new 1J btw.)

Really? What's wrong with your VF-1J? I bought one without the FP and its near perfect. There's a small nick in the head visor (not much to complain about really).

And underneath the rim(behind the cockpit/above the heat shield) of the chest plate, part of the plastic is chipped. Not a big deal really since you can only see it when its being transformed.

Other than those 2 small nit picks, my VF-1J is good. Tight joints etc.

My Roy reissue had a sloppy black stripe on the port wing, much like a problem encountered with my Hikaru 1S. It isn't terrible, but it's worth mentioning.

i've got the same nick on the visor of my 1J and the heatshield line was fully painted across, but i am having trouble transforming my 1S in battloid, other than that, my reissue 1S is great. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I transformed the 1J just fine...

probably lack of sleep (I haven't slept in 2 days, this sinus infection/strep/and SUPER-FLU is killing me!!!!)

My Roy reissue had a sloppy black stripe on the port wing, much like a problem encountered with my Hikaru 1S. It isn't terrible, but it's worth mentioning.

My Hikaru 1S had the same problem with excess paint on the vertical tail fin. Strange.

Although it's not noticable in battroid mode (especially with the FAST Packs).

The "seam" on my Hikaru 1S is practically non-existent. It's probably similar to the Focker 1S reissue.

My 1S reissue head is perfect. (Quality of my 1S reissue is 10x better than my new 1J btw.)

Really? What's wrong with your VF-1J? I bought one without the FP and its near perfect. There's a small nick in the head visor (not much to complain about really).

And underneath the rim(behind the cockpit/above the heat shield) of the chest plate, part of the plastic is chipped. Not a big deal really since you can only see it when its being transformed.

- 1J chestplate and back plate gap in fighter/gerwalk mod (slight though)

- the air break wont stay in position in battroid

- gap near air intakes/chest plate in gerwalk/fighter

- legs want to leave the toy in gerwalk. (the 1S is perfect here)

- The backpack latch plate isn't firmly positionned. it creates a gap.

- gun pods want sto leave the arm in every configuration.

- I have to press real hard to have the backpack in position in battroid config. (I dread to break the small hinge - u know? - and it is folding the backplate, so much pressure there... hum...)

all those problem are not found in the 1S reissue or greatly reduced.

- 1J chestplate and back plate gap in fighter/gerwalk mod (slight though)

- the air break wont stay in position in battroid

- gap near air intakes/chest plate in gerwalk/fighter

- legs want to leave the toy in gerwalk. (the 1S is perfect here)

- The backpack latch plate isn't firmly positionned. it creates a gap.

- gun pods want sto leave the arm in every configuration.

- I have to press real hard to have the backpack in position in battroid config. (I dread to break the small hinge - u know? - and it is folding the backplate, so much pressure there... hum...)

all those problem are not found in the 1S reissue or greatly reduced.

:huh: Oddly enough, thoes are my problems with my VF-1S reissue and are all but non existant in my 1J. Sad because I like my 1S much more...

after goin thru the forums abt QC problems pple had with the 1st issue i hope i wont have to see any pimples and crooked skulls....

i am glad mine did not have any of those....the pilot seat headrest had the new curvy thing....BUT the bloody seam thing at the head WAS STILL THERE!!! :angry:

Hey adrainx,

I just went to Noel's shop, i must admit this batch of VF-1S Re-issues are simply disappointing and discouraging given that they are reissued for the 3rd time round. Why do i say that?. Its because the first Re-issue i got (Box came with vecro tabs), has all the improvements such as skull logo straight, fuselage seam minimised, head seam still there but minimised, curved pilot head rest, paint job was near perfect and flawless. I was intending to get another 1/48 VF-1S Roy (Box without vecro tabs)to be sealed up in a MISB condition, but the paint job on it leaves much to be desired on all the pieces.....there were paint smudges, lines aint straight sometimes overspray, scratches on some of the black stripes. Damn QC, are you guys sleeping or slacking on the job? :angry::angry: <_< I just dun understand that for such a fine product, why cant they put a bit more effort in ensuring every product that goes out of the factory are in satisfactory condition and prime condition. :angry: <_<. I dun see that kind of problem with Takara TF products given that their molds are alot more complicated in transformation wise, or that of bandai reissues both producing top of the notch paint jobs.

Sorry guys for my rant. I love macross and im grateful to yamato for producing such wonderful toys to us, but i cant simply put down the fact that they for the 3rd time running, they never made an effort to give us a product that we can be proud of in terms of quality and beauty.

Cheers

ok...so the head seam is a design flaw....oh well....

but does everyone's 1S head have that opening? i was pretty pissed cus i thought being the reissues they shld at least have improved the design....

and yes recon...mine also had a bad paint job with the right "shoulder orange light"...mine was like not really there <_<

I see what you guys mean, the takara re-issues are identical to takatokus and are very consistent.(pals all bought me the same vf1-a and i kept all 5 of them)

the only defects my first run roy fokker had was th dreaded "beauty" mark much like a model's mole on the head,oh yeah and the ball joint that connects the leg to the

main body metal spine a little rubber is ticking out and it is hard to rotate the legs but i have no complaints so far.

Quick way to fix the head seam problem:

Take some white electrical tape and cut a piece

that will cover the front lower "face" of the head.

A slightly more difficult way is to unscrew the head

and scrub the face guard with a white cotton cloth

and after it dries apply a layer of matte clear coat

only over the seam. let it sit for a day or two and

paint the entire lower face plate with some gloss

white. should work like a charm.

To reduce your problem, I will glady take the 1S frm you for safe keeping :p:p:p So you dont have to look at it and feel disappointed due to the head seam problem.............

:p:p:p

I guess i'm one of the lucky few who got 2 of the original issue that had no head visible head gap and no pimple. Seeing as the improvements aren't that big a deal, then I'm sticking to what I've got :)

Or, maybe you're just not ultra-picky. Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being ultra-picky. If someone is bothered by the head seam, that's just fine. I just hope anyone who is considering buying a 1/48 (and thus contributing to the liklihood of more being produced) will realize that the the severity of these flaws is open to interpretation and is totally subjective.

Personally, I have two original release Fockers, and while there is a head seam, it never even occurred to me to give a d*mn. They look great to me. And I actually consider myself to be pretty darn picky! :)

Anyways, again, I don't mean to belittle those who are bothered by the flaws. I just hope everyone takes long lists like those posted above with a grain of salt. While flaws like that may bother some, a lot of other people may not even notice.

Hurin

I guess i'm one of the lucky few who got 2 of the original issue that had no head visible head gap and no pimple. Seeing as the improvements aren't that big a deal, then I'm sticking to what I've got :)

Or, maybe you're just not ultra-picky. Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being ultra-picky. If someone is bothered by the head seam, that's just fine. I just hope anyone who is considering buying a 1/48 (and thus contributing to the liklihood of more being produced) will realize that the the severity of these flaws is open to interpretation and is totally subjective.

Personally, I have two original release Fockers, and while there is a head seam, it never even occurred to me to give a d*mn. They look great to me. And I actually consider myself to be pretty darn picky! :)

Anyways, again, I don't mean to belittle those who are bothered by the flaws. I just hope everyone takes long lists like those posted above with a grain of salt. While flaws like that may bother some, a lot of other people may not even notice.

Hurin

I agree, I never noticed the off center skull until it was pointed out. The only serious flaw on my original was the loose canopy. A sharp exacto-knife took care of the face pimple mine had.

dude, seriously...

it looks fine.

***edit***

the second picture looks worse than the first, but its really not that bad, IF i was to fix it (wich i wouldn't) i would try the "bondo" techneque. but honestly i'd leave it.

Edited by KingNor

It's certainly true that different folks see things differently. For me, the VF-1S head seam tells me Yamato didn't think it worthwhile to mold it in a more intelligent manner for presentation befitting the nicest 1S headscupt ever. And while the fighter mode for the 1/48 is definitely the best around, the peculiar proportions of the battroid do nothing for me, as I prefer the robot to the plane. On the whole, the 1/60s, despite their own problems, still retain better all-round proportions. The addition of 1/60 battle armor and destroids will make them even more 'complete' to me.

is it just me or is the VF-1S Roy becoming more and more scarce? I hardly see anything on ebay and the ones sold are now hovering the $140 price as against $99~120 prices for other 1/48 valks.

Seems like the Roy VF-1S is the 1/48 to get!

There is an abundance of HIKARU VF-1S's that are on sale or are lower in price than other 1/48's because a lot of people did head swapping with the first and second release of 1/48's (Hikaru VF-1A & Roy VF-1S).