YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Hmmm... I might need to revise some of my stand setups with this piece. :D

Nice computer area you have there, is that a crossbow on your desk?

Crossbow? Oh, hahaha. Bottom left? X-Mas present for my brother. 3D printed a pistol from Destiny.

http://imgur.com/a/3fPh6

And yes, I love my office.

MLLOHhVh.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/ovYXR

Haha, oh wow, those pegged bases sold out fast.

I was surprised. I didn't get as many of those as the regular ones. I will figure out a way to drill a base stand to be pegged if anyone still wants some pegged stands.

Probably a bunch of people wanting to put a bunch of HMRs on one stand since most of the arms for small bases I've seen have 5mm pegs.

If you get enough people on-board in the next few days and can figure out a way that's not too crazy, I'd be in for one of those limited edition pegged bases. I've already made my order, but I'll PM you my number and you can hold off on shipping it until you've figured out if you're gonna go for it.

Crossbow? Oh, hahaha. Bottom left? X-Mas present for my brother. 3D printed a pistol from Destiny.

http://imgur.com/a/3fPh6

And yes, I love my office.

*snip*

http://imgur.com/a/ovYXR

That destiny gun is awesome!

Like everyone else, that is an awesome chair! Love the monitor setup too.

Here's my desk with my assistant hard at work processing photos.

C5E3B7E9-F0F8-402C-8B28-8D1931D78ED1_zps

It looks like the initial rush to order stands has subsided. I still have 16 regular stands left. I do have a jig setup to drill them into pegged stands if you request it. I also have plenty of dual arms, and knuckles left over.

And its amazing. I'll spend the next few weeks testing the Alpha out with various figures and gunpla, but the Arcadia adapter is working quite well.

Awesome. Pictures are always appreciated.

nice work station setups Yeti & Saburo! B))

Thanks! It's always nice when your work and hobbies overlap. If I didn't do computer graphics for a living, I'd probably be rolling a much smaller setup. Edited by ChaoticYeti

Just ordered some Yeti Stands myself the other day, (been waiting for these to come in stock forever) and Yeti threw in a wall mount for me to try out.

gallery_4884_813_2977099.jpg

I have to say I'm very impressed. The mount is quite solid, and once you tighten the bolts down they hold position near perfectly. I gave them quite the pull once I got them set just to see how much they could hold. I got a little movement as the rubber washers flexed a little, but it returned to it's original position once I let go, so good hold. I put far more force on it than a Valk would just sitting there. When the Acrylic versions come available, I'll defiantly be adding a few more of these. Next I'll have to look int those lego mounts.

My initial posing is a little sloppy, but I'll tweak it over the next few days. The third position will be for my 0S when I finally get it.

And some other angles:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/gallery/album_813/gallery_4884_813_2582588.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/gallery/album_813/gallery_4884_813_1229443.jpg

Edited by Busted VF1A

Mounting valks on the wall is really neat indeed. I wished I could put mine out of the detolf safely... but with the kid around, they won't be for sure!

Haha, I have a 2 year old myself, and these are WAAAYYYYY out of his reach. I had to move all the expensive/delicate stuff up high on wall mounted shelves since, well, 2 year old.:) Floor mounted shelves are all but gone from the house since he's a climber. And considering how efficient he is at dismantling legos, he's not getting near these anytime soon.

Awesome. Pictures are always appreciated.

I don't have a fancy lightbox or backdrop, so I just used the top of my Liger Zero box.

post-19027-0-58869600-1451330642_thumb.jpg

Here's the Arcadia pivot holding up my VF-1 Roy Strike. Its much more solid than the original arm. I definitely like how snug the adapter slots into the stand clip, the other one has way too much slop. Next time I order, I'll have to pick up one of your Fighter adapters so I can put the gunpod back on (forgot to grab one). You may notice the pivot bolt is a little short. I only got one of the long ones (its in the Alpha), so I have to drop by the hardware store to pick some up for my other Arcadia pivots and to have some spares.

post-19027-0-20467200-1451330644_thumb.jpg

Here's my first Alpha test with the MG Hi-Nu Gundam (not the ver.Ka). I really hated the stand it came with. The base was too light and the arm was fairly sturdy but had very little adjustability. Not to mention the plastic rods it came with for the funnels sucked. I used the Metal Build rectangular peg and sanded the sides down a little to fit into the crotch slot. Its not quite the right dimensions, but it works in a pinch. I'd rather use the peg in the back like the stock stand uses, but I couldn't modify one of your adapters to fit. Since this was a drilled pegged base, the holes weren't quite 5mm, so I filed one down to fit a Tamashii arm just to test out a funnel. And the positions of the peg holes will make it tough to have all six out, so I may drill out some extra holes myself.

I'd like to try the Alpha out on a few of my SoCs and MP Transformers, but I still need to figure out a way to mount them. Maybe also try to get a leaping pose with my Liger Zero if I can rig something up. I definitely plan to get a few more for the rest of my Valks and I wouldn't mind replacing the Action Bases on some of my heavier MGs if there's an adapter that'll fit.

I don't have a fancy lightbox or backdrop, so I just used the top of my Liger Zero box.

20151228_133633.jpg

Here's the Arcadia pivot holding up my VF-1 Roy Strike. Its much more solid than the original arm. I definitely like how snug the adapter slots into the stand clip, the other one has way too much slop. Next time I order, I'll have to pick up one of your Fighter adapters so I can put the gunpod back on (forgot to grab one). You may notice the pivot bolt is a little short. I only got one of the long ones (its in the Alpha), so I have to drop by the hardware store to pick some up for my other Arcadia pivots and to have some spares.

20151228_133738.jpg

Here's my first Alpha test with the MG Hi-Nu Gundam (not the ver.Ka). I really hated the stand it came with. The base was too light and the arm was fairly sturdy but had very little adjustability. Not to mention the plastic rods it came with for the funnels sucked. I used the Metal Build rectangular peg and sanded the sides down a little to fit into the crotch slot. Its not quite the right dimensions, but it works in a pinch. I'd rather use the peg in the back like the stock stand uses, but I couldn't modify one of your adapters to fit. Since this was a drilled pegged base, the holes weren't quite 5mm, so I filed one down to fit a Tamashii arm just to test out a funnel. And the positions of the peg holes will make it tough to have all six out, so I may drill out some extra holes myself.

I'd like to try the Alpha out on a few of my SoCs and MP Transformers, but I still need to figure out a way to mount them. Maybe also try to get a leaping pose with my Liger Zero if I can rig something up. I definitely plan to get a few more for the rest of my Valks and I wouldn't mind replacing the Action Bases on some of my heavier MGs if there's an adapter that'll fit.

The drilled holes didn't work with your tamashii arms? I tested them out with the arms that came with the renewal RVF ghosts. I assumed they were the same size.

Yeti,

When you get your own laser cutter, you'll be able to do the wall mounts in clear, correct? Looking at my display areas, and I think those are going to be the best bet for me. Also, do you think down-scaling your adapters to 1/72 would work for the Hasegawa model kits?

The drilled holes didn't work with your tamashii arms? I tested them out with the arms that came with the renewal RVF ghosts. I assumed they were the same size.

I'll take some measurements for you tomorrow. It didn't take much filing, but they definitely weren't going in without something giving.