Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks! I was aware of removing the hat and lasers. Im more concerned the cheeks rubbing against the sides of the neck cover when pulling the head up. It just seems to be a tight space where the head is housed. Any trick to this?

this is where it looks like it might hit:

7a43383c-s.jpg

Anyone?

Guest davidwhangchoi

^Sorry, I still haven't transformed mine.

-b.

thanks b, for responding. lol hmm i'm seeing pic of no paint scatched on the cheek yellow stripes on some of the pics but don't know how to safely move the head from the recessed position. (i took the antennas and pirate hat off but stuff but still see friction on the cheeks.

thanks b, for responding. lol hmm i'm seeing pic of no paint scatched on the cheek yellow stripes on some of the pics but don't know how to safely move the head from the recessed position. (i took the antennas and pirate hat off but stuff but still see friction on the cheeks.

Sorry man, I don't really understand the question. My head looks okay.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sorry man, I don't really understand the question. My head looks okay.

yeah, it's my fault for being late in opening a 29 so it's my first time transforming it. if you look at the left side of the picture i re posted from bandai, the yellow is scratched off. that seems to be where it seems likely to rub when i try to move out the head to get it in battroid.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, it's my fault for being late in opening a 29 so it's my first time transforming it. if you look at the left side of the picture i re posted from bandai, the yellow is scratched off. that seems to be where it seems likely to rub when i try to move out the head to get it in battroid.

I'll need to check mine when I get home. I transformed it once and left it in Battroid mode for a while then put it back to fighter mode.

I am very careful when transforming my Valks especially with the head.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'll need to check mine when I get home. I transformed it once and left it in Battroid mode for a while then put it back to fighter mode.

I am very careful when transforming my Valks especially with the head.

thanks Saburo

Gonna try and transform my remaining two this weekend but I don't recall any rubbing issues with the head. I'll trip report this weekend but I believe you slide the head back then pull up for clearance.

Edited by xrentonx

If you're saying tough as in rarity then no. Theres plenty of them out there but its all being sold by scalpers... Price is damn ridiculous.

Agree with the price being high, when they show up at stores like Mandarake and Jungle, but it's not that often that they do show up.

I don't go on eBay or Y! Japan so I can't speak on quantity of Ozma 29's that are available, but I'm quite sure that for those that are there they're marked sky-freaking-high.

-b.

Agree with the price being high, when they show up at stores like Mandarake and Jungle, but it's not that often that they do show up.

I don't go on eBay or Y! Japan so I can't speak on quantity of Ozma 29's that are available, but I'm quite sure that for those that are there they're marked sky-freaking-high.

-b.

I'm just annoyed by the fact that alot of the items went to scalpers... I went around asking local hobby stores and only 1 store has them. I'm paying about $200 for the thing so I guess its kinda okay as Im not in the states right now and have to pay import tax so the mark up makes up for it. Technically the thing is still under PO status as it comes in at the end of the month or so. I asked if they had 2 and even the guy was saying the stock is damn low and he'll see if he can get his hands on another.

Talked to another store owner and even he was saying supply on these are damn uncertain. At the end his supplier cut him off so he didn't get any (or else I would've had one by now).

I'm just annoyed by the fact that alot of the items went to scalpers... I went around asking local hobby stores and only 1 store has them. I'm paying about $200 for the thing so I guess its kinda okay as Im not in the states right now and have to pay import tax so the mark up makes up for it. Technically the thing is still under PO status as it comes in at the end of the month or so. I asked if they had 2 and even the guy was saying the stock is damn low and he'll see if he can get his hands on another.

Talked to another store owner and even he was saying supply on these are damn uncertain. At the end his supplier cut him off so he didn't get any (or else I would've had one by now).

Maybe the silver lining in hearing about how low the stock allocation has been across the board is that Bandai will do a another release in short order (vs. a long wait or not at all).

-b.

David, I did a partial transformation on my Ozma 29 and there is a bit of space from the "cheeks" to the shoulder plates. From the looks of it as long as the head is aligned right there is very little chance of the paint being scratched off during transformation.

Here are some pics. Sorry they are a bit blurry.

post-23462-0-65032000-1403327112_thumb.jpgpost-23462-0-63864700-1403327139_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

David, I did a partial transformation on my Ozma 29 and there is a bit of space from the "cheeks" and the shoulder plates as long as the head is aligned right there is very little chance of the paint being scratched off during transformation.

Here are some pics. Sorry they are a bit blurry.

ozma_head_002.jpg

thanks Saburo, i appreciate it. yeah i guess the neck where the head sinks in during fighter mode i have to be careful when the head is recessed in between the sides of the neck piece. also in the photo on the right, it's blurry, but is the paint on the right cheek a bit scraped off?

thanks Saburo, i appreciate it. yeah i guess the neck where the head sinks in during fighter mode i have to be careful when the head is recessed in between the sides of the neck piece. also in the photo on the right, it's blurry, but is the paint on the right cheek a bit scraped off?

Very observant David! There is a slight scratch on the cheek.

After going through the transformation again, there is an area where the cheek will rub against the neck plate where it collapses into the torso.

Maybe the silver lining in hearing about how low the stock allocation has been across the board is that Bandai will do a another release in short order (vs. a long wait or not at all).

-b.

Hopefully Bandai does another reissue like the previous YF-29. The only thing is that the VF-25 renewals is about due for its reissues so Ozma is probably going to get pushed back for a while. Also not forgetting the new Macross series coming out. Assuming that Bandai is dipping their hands into the Macross series they'll definitely go ahead with the new series toys.

All of your concerns make me never want to transform my Ozma after putting it into Battroid mode anymore :X

Edited by ULessa

Guest davidwhangchoi

After going through the transformation again, there is an area where the cheek will rub against the neck plate where it collapses into the torso.

yeah, that's it :unsure: i was worried about that but i guess everyone figured a way to avoid scratching it :blink: i'm just going to be super careful or get some touch up yellow paint that matches.

yeah, that's it :unsure: i was worried about that but i guess everyone figured a way to avoid scratching it :blink: i'm just going to be super careful or get some touch up yellow paint that matches.

I am not sure how others have avoided the parts making contact.

Now that I have seen the scratch, I can't unsee it. Let me know what touch up paint matches. I may have to buy some too. :)

Edited by Saburo

I just transformed my second one today and no nicks on the yellow paint on those jaw protrusions at all. It's a very tight fit though so I can definitely see the paint rubbing if you aren't extra careful. I was as careful as possible going from fighter to battroid and back and did a careful inspection and I managed not to scratch any paint. It's not easy to do though. There's a point when you gotta recess the head that I just went "fu*ck it, I'm gonna push it down and pray!" :lol:

Edited by xrentonx