Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Yes, it is the same bolt.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41128&page=17

It is worth noting that there are no threads to strip. It is simply a square hole the at the screw seats into. No need to rethread. Not sure if that helps mommar.

Congrats Yeti on your purchase! I personally think that the EX plus is a great piece. :-)

On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I haven't tried transforming my own Alto 171EX to battroid yet so I don't know if I have similar issues with mine. At least, you found a ready solution. Hope everything works out!

I like it! It is just too expensive to arrive broken, brouken.

I saw what you did there Yeti! :D But yeah, I felt the same way when I found the loose thread on the shoulder of my YF-29 Ozma, which I barely play with. Toys this expensive should ideally be free from QC concerns like this. But as I'm also handling administrative matters in my office, I do know that human error is an inevitable part of life, regardless of how much we try to spend to overcome it. Nice pic by the way! You're making me think real hard about investing in your stands. :)

nice. i didn't think i wanted a vf-171.

i now want a vf-171.

Its a great piece gunbuster! A worthy addition to any Macross fan's collection IMHO. Just don't get the cannon-fodder 171 Nightmare Plus. Just look at the number of complaints over at its thread. :o

The armor parts make it for me. It is an all right plane on its own, but it is a beast with the added arsenal.

Agreed! As someone earlier pointed out, its like a re-imagining of Hikaru's Strike Valkyrie. I just wish some of the panels on the armor opened to show the missiles underneath. Although it doesn't do this in the animated series, I clearly saw this feature in the Ultimate Frontier and Macross 30 games.

I got my first Macross F Valk in over a year (YF-29/ Alto); who's currently engaged in a pissing contest with my Decepticon Seekers. The VF-1S/ 25s shirt is from redbubble.

Clearly, no contest. :lol:

And my VF-22S Gamlin just arrived!

16105494569_d0561dcd25_o.jpg

Gamlin likes his rides to be dark and handsome. :)

16289840621_e351530ffd_o.jpg

Face off with Docker! Gamlin to Docker: "I visited you 15 times in the hospital you jerk! And now you're trying to steal Mylene from me?! If only you weren't around...!" (echoes from a similar conversation between two former New Edwards test pilots :p )

16289840511_bed13e8f03_o.jpg

Basara: "Listen to my song!" :rolleyes:

16105924057_88f905ba70_o.jpg

Edited by brouken

I guess this is the best place to display the best pieces I was able to find in my parents' basement (mistakenly posted elsewhere):

gpJak4u.jpg

Wow I hope that's not as big on the forums as it is on my computer...

I'm so happy I could have my 2 jetfires in both battroid and fighter modes.

(and yes -- my Gakken has lost a bit of its color over the last 30 yrs, but come on -- I was 12, and my jetfires were in boxes, whereas my Legioss wasn't...)

Edited by NOD

Wow! That Jetfire in Battroid mode looks pristine B))

As well it should. It's been hiding -- complete -- in a box in a basement since like 1986. :)

I felt like it needed some air.

BTW, anyone else have something like this happen before? So I'm cleaning out our guest bedroom (which is where we stash all kinds of stuff -- Xmas, birthday, and random presents for the kids, oldish electronics, etc) in preparation for my sister-in-law coming to stay for Mardi Gras (we live in New Orleans), when I come upon a bunch of shipping boxes. Three of them are from Japan, and I literally don't remember throwing them in there.

Next thing I know, I open them up and see this:

ri6NoIW.jpg

Sometimes it pays to clean up. :wacko:

Granted, none of these are really treasured Valks (which is probably why I forgot about them), but that's my kind of holiday surprise!

Also, finally got my really old school VF-1J (decided to put it next to Jetfire for fun comparison)

z7d6cRv.jpg

and complete w/ accoutrements!

pTysfpD.jpg

Now I just need more Detolf's to get delivered. ;)

Edited by NOD