Better Sideswipe Transformation !

Otaru Ikari

It's actually worth buying now. But the guy had to have removed the hands and switched them. From the looks of it, it doesn't look difficult to do. Hmnn do you suppose they might offer Sunstreaker in this form of transformation and Sideswipe as the other? They are supposed to be twins..no?

You can't polish a turd! :p

Boo! :lol: The binaltech series is one of the GREATEST carry the Transformers name. It's the perfect balance between modern vehicles and robots modes. Stop smoking crack.

You can't polish a turd! :p

Boo! :lol: The binaltech series is one of the GREATEST carry the Transformers name. It's the perfect balance between modern vehicles and robots modes. Stop smoking crack.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :unsure::ph34r:

Wow, I liked the toy before, I mean it was ok but nothing special, but that one little change makes it a hundred times better. He looks so freaking old school now, like the Autobots of old! I must have! But why the Takara version? Besides the obvious increase in diecast, that is. Can the US Version not do that?

Speaking of better transformation, I made an interesting discovery with Energon Hot Shot this morning...

Attached Image

<_< I've seen playschool toys better than that...

I don't like the Sideswipe though...his legs and arms are just TOO THIN...but if he came with that cute girl on one of the pictures I'd atleast keep him in car mode...

Hey All

Im curious about something. The whindscreen and the Trunk, is that something you originally had to remove to transform?

The new modifications (its does make a world of a difference) does that (when in robot) affect the transformation? Does that mean you have to physically move of each time you transform? Or is it a minor thing during the transformation from car to robot?

-Jin

Hey All

Im curious about something. The whindscreen and the Trunk, is that something you originally had to remove to transform?

The new modifications (its does make a world of a difference) does that (when in robot) affect the transformation? Does that mean you have to physically move of each time you transform? Or is it a minor thing during the transformation from car to robot?

-Jin

Nothing is removed or added in transformation.

Notice where the red chest is attached to the body by a black beam. There is a U shaped cut made to accodate the black bar. Otherwise the rear section of the car can't overlap on top of the shoulders. The only other issue are the switching of the hands but that's easy to do.

SSwipe.jpg

Drew

Edited by Briareos

The mod is nice and all, but this is one toy that I feel the all-plastic Alternators would offer better play value over the Binaltech version. From car mode to robot mode, just TRY not scrapping any paint off the sides of the hood... mine's already chipped in 3~4 places. The irony is, the red plastics match the painted metal really well - and the metal parts don't seem to offer any better presentation in car or robot mode. So save your money and have more fun (or less stress, if you prefer) with the Hasbro version... :-P

The mod is nice and all, but this is one toy that I feel the all-plastic Alternators would offer better play value over the Binaltech version. From car mode to robot mode, just TRY not scrapping any paint off the sides of the hood... mine's already chipped in 3~4 places. The irony is, the red plastics match the painted metal really well - and the metal parts don't seem to offer any better presentation in car or robot mode. So save your money and have more fun (or less stress, if you prefer) with the Hasbro version... :-P

No can do, even after seeing the Hasbro versions in person I just don't like the look of the plastic compared to die-cast. Doesn't have the same rich shine. I can live with a few paint chips.