5 minutes ago, MKT said:

^^ LOL I never watched Votoms so I'm not familiar with the mechs at all, but is the mode on the bottom right what gives Scopedog its name? 

Half yes. :good: 

But from what I remember 'Scope' on its Scopedog name is pertaining to the periscope eye. And 'Dog' is, yes, probably more connected to how the mecha folds down like a dog. So the pilot can climb to it with ease. ;) 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

^^ LOL I never watched Votoms so I'm not familiar with the mechs at all, but is the mode on the bottom right what gives Scopedog its name? 

I had always heard it was because it was the main mass produced mecha making them the dogs of war since they’re just thrown out there in walking coffins and the scope refers to the triple scopes on the face. But the downform does kinda resemble an awkward dog sitting up I guess.

Well, I just find the dog-like sitting pose pretty cute lol. No doubt this HMR is going to be a great toy, as most HMRs are. I still remember reading @jenius's reviews of Yamato's Scopedogs and they were pretty awful durability wise, being in the era when Yamato toys commonly have exploding plastics in the worse places where strength are needed most.

14 hours ago, jenius said:

I think you're remembering my ThreeZero Scopedog reviews, those were awful from a durability standpoint. The Yamato V1s had looseness and balance issues which could be frustrating. I love the mech and the original show, really looking forward to these!

Oops my bad. I mis-remembered & must have conflated both TZ and Yamato together. 

22 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wonder if there's metal in the feet to help it balance in slide positions.

I think the greyish looking parts on the feet are wholly metal? As are the knees, shins and ankles.

It looks like its going be a stellar toy - nice 80's chunkiness matched by nice tactile heavy metal feel. Just like the HMR Destroids lol.

latest from hjweb regarding HM-R Scopedog:

https://hjweb.jp/article/1166710/

web-translated:

...Each part has a range of motion, allowing you to pose it in a variety of powerful action poses. Also, by using die-cast parts unique to HI-METAL R for the joints, you can enjoy precise movement and landing poses. This is the birth of Scope Dock's ideal finished action toy

samples:

hjweb-1.jpg.a4f928eb402d7ef5c4a67c928d0373c3.jpg

hjweb-2.jpg.8d2dfb4a69cb4172c44f87be4bff04a7.jpg

hjweb-3.jpg.f0cc9385e996d90f02a90197be85b343.jpg

Gotta check my old HM-R Dougram and Solitc later to see if they have metal feet like this upcoming HM-R Scopedog.

6 minutes ago, MKT said:

I thought it might be a bit strange that the metal parts are left bare, but thankfully in the article it mentions:

“The metal parts peeking through the legs are painted in the product.”

It would be nice for Bandai to leave them bare-but-shiny metal as a nice homage to the old 1/24 Takara dual-models:

Dual-Model-Vol-1-6.jpg.160ef3c1c3dff9d4394aa7906c419e87.jpg

pic from Jenius' site:  https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=6337

Will be a much better homage than just the retro box/pkging homages Bandai did for the HM-Rs Dougram, Soltic and Orguss...

I’d probably be excited, but there have been so many really good looking models lately that look better and are way less expensive. I think if Votoms had disappeared for a while, I’d probably be interested, but even the bare bones hg looks like as good and has more articulation for a fraction of the cost.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, treatment said:

HG Scopedog release-date is Oct-21, 2023 for 2750y msrp incl tokyo-tax:

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/5872/

196_5872_o_1hcrnd1gc13325ug1o5j12ld13hk3v.jpg.2fbea9d6f83af52a22d2bbcc0659b8e2.jpg

I think the thing that would make me more interested in this, even though the articulation will be better than the wave kits would be to find out that this wouldn’t be the only hg Votoms kit. And I don’t really mean other Scopedog variants or weapons packs. I have a lot of the wave kits and I really like them and that already would make it tough to buy a non scale kit especially if it’s a one off. I had hoped they’d do more with Vifam and Dragonar in the hg line, but with those being web exclusives I had a feeling they’d stand alone 

Wave 1/35 Burglary Dog [PS Version] (Resale)
February 2024 Release
Y6380

装甲騎兵ボトムズ 1/35 バーグラリードッグ[PS版] プラモデル(再販)

1994年公開のOVA作品『赫奕たる異端』。本作で主人公キリコが操るAT「バーグラリードッグ」の[ST版]に続き、コックピット内部、降着機構を再現した[PS版]です。キットはこれまでのシリーズ同様、接着剤不要のスナップフィットタイプで、各関節にはポリキャップを配したフル可動モデル。特徴的なドロッパーズフォールディングガン、トランプルリガーも差し替えなしで収納展開が可能です。また、ミッションパックからの給弾ベルトはPS製の固定式のものとフレキシブルに動く軟質樹脂のものの2種類がラインナップ。[PS版]には設定に近い収納状態を再現できるドロッパーズフォールディングガンの短めのバレルも付属します。さらに、[ST版]のバレルと完成後も差し替えができるので、好みの状態でディスプレイが楽しめます。

Armored Trooper Votoms 1/35 Burglary Dog [PS Version] Plastic model (resale)

The OVA work "The Brilliant Heresy" was released in 1994. Following the [ST Version] of the AT "Burglary Dog" operated by the main character Chirico in this work, this [PS Version] reproduces the inside of the cockpit and the descent mechanism. The kit is a snap-fit type that does not require any adhesives, as in the previous series, and is a fully movable model with poly caps on each joint. The characteristic droppers folding gun and trundle trigger can be stored and deployed without replacement. Also, two types of feeding belts from the mission pack are included in the lineup: a fixed type made of PS and a flexible soft resin type. [The [PS version] also comes with a shorter barrel of the Droppers Folding Gun that can be stowed close to the setting. In addition, the barrel of the [ST version] can be replaced even after completion, so you can enjoy displaying it in your favorite state.

TOY-RBT-5389_01_i4RUQm943uVXnKmbIJ-hxGeONPO4Px2A.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_02_PyuVYAi2S4HhRJOIZcS4WsEbYqjc1hT7.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_03_mHmMDcAOQtliYZXKCeuJaEypWqNpLmwJ.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_04_0oG0Ptrn8GSQzHNjUSngvQEH5_iKBz8L.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_05_A9jSA3oqqDc9jTonjgkxABiAy0I2ZBBp.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_06_F742z2Prxbh21Q86Ex8Tt5fxRrRJUNPw.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_07_8ZQQAktb1nnrxfWkqe4oEcToNmKXWDRK.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_08_nF60oTnHGsUu3uUQDBp9lCm2EdyFIH0Y.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_09_conr2icDeKxmJVbfegbg5yTzpQZX5ZFR.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_10_Y9gHSO9gJDGBwqH-j41bNAaEiW2GmEbq.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_12_8CwyYRNhpwGOnRMdAX6A1anOy99o08M1.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_11_i8TLZ6qm3q50SegzJNqBuYWGHCAS_Ee1.jpg

TOY-RBT-5389_13_qC1v7W14RD3qKgVAG-uoKUpPj3bVm5ng.jpg

I think I will get this. Mainly for its aesthetics - I like chonky 80's mecha, but this also looks to have great articulation engineering, and a fun pilot figure. Price at Yen24,200 isn't so fun though lol.

21 minutes ago, jenius said:

Whoa! Loving the little pilot figure. What's the side by side picture saying? They made the thighs larger or it has an extension gimmick?

It has an extension gimmick, likely pull-down hips. 

So instead of pull-down hips, it goes for rotating ones, and I think should be more durable seeing how the legs should have quite some heft.

09.jpg.6381183026efadff2a610d22e69279ae.jpg

This additional elbow pull-out extension is interesting and probably a first for any toy. 

18.jpg.39dae51ae2ffabaaf2cabeb18f894aa7.jpg

58 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm looking forward to doing comparison shots. Ooh maybe I should build my 1/20 model finally.

Until we get the actual HM-R RSC Scopedog in hand,  this could be considered some sort of a scaling preview...

a 1/20 RSC (bare) side by side with a 165mm HM-R Soltic H8 Roundfacer:

1-20-scopedog-hmr-soltich8.jpg.170a7d0c7e344a306f61db4f03606a91.jpg

2 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm looking forward to doing comparison shots. Ooh maybe I should build my 1/20 model finally.

If you have it build it. It’s one of the most fun builds for a model I’ve ever had. You don’t even really need to paint it and I don’t remember any parts needing seams puttied. It gives a feeling like you’re actually building an armored trooper. I think the pilot figures are the only things in there that need any major work