Mr March

To add on to that, I'd rather be able to sit on my couch in front of my 60" with my surround sound cranked up playing in comfort.

I've been doing that with my desktop and now my laptop for years meng; all it takes is a long enough HDMI cable and bluetooth equipped controls. I REFUSE to play FPS' on a console controller.. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Here's a thought: It's totally possible to build a good PC on the cheap, especially if all you're going to do is play games on it. That said, I don't WANT to build a PC just to play games on it.

any PC I own has to be able to run graphics programs, so something like an i3 or even an i5 and anything less than 8gb of ram isn't going to cut it. And again, just me personally, I don't like desktops. And I prefer controller to keyboard and mouse, on all games including FPS's.

so, tl;dr: it's not so much about the money, it's about the can't be arsed factor.

i3 or i5 is also enough for 95% gaming as well. usually the most intensive common programs (adobe stuff) as well as some mac software usually require a decent dedicated 3d card. setting it up for gaming in most cases will net good enough to overkill requirements to run graphic intensive programs for work/hobby related stuff outside of gaming.

people in the category of prioritizing the need for a desktop/lappy for graphic intensive work benefit secondary of being able to game/benchmark on the side w/ prett nice results..

You're not ballin' unless it's a 1TB SSD.

lol that'll be waste as 5400 rpm will be enough for console storage/ cache applications.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Grabbed BF4, Assassin's Creed 4, and NFS Rivals from Amazon's Buy 2 get 1 free deal today.

Really excited for this!

Did you just put them in your cart and it automatically gave you the deal, or was there a code u need to put in?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did you just put them in your cart and it automatically gave you the deal, or was there a code u need to put in?

deal is dead on amazon but you can still get them at target this whole week.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, sorry I couldn't reply earlier man! But I think the deal ended at 3 P.M. central (it was literally a 4 hour window, and even then, most games sold out in the first 20 minutes or so).

The promo code was "GR8TNESS" btw

Thanks! Yea, I knew there was a time window I just didnt know when, and I missed it!, but no worries I just went to Target and got the 2 for 1 deal as well, I got Knack, Killzone, and AC4 black flag. I also have BF4 wich is shipping from another store, so I'm pretty set. I haven't payed a need for speed game since ps2 but I liked it, how is rivals suppose to be?

Seems Warframe's going to available for PS4 at or near launch.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, Warframe's a free-to-play online cooperative multiplayer third-person shooter. I know online multiplayer's not really my thing, but coop is at least tolerable. My friends and I actually played this until the wee hours of the morning on PC at a LAN. It's not the most amazing game ever, but for free it was pretty fun.

Only downside is you can't use the same account on both PC and PS4.

Guest davidwhangchoi

editorial ps4 game reviews are being allowed to be released.

looking forward to resogun but i think i'm going to just refund my 2 other games on target and just keep cod. i'm going to wait on killzone a bit.

Thanks! Yea, I knew there was a time window I just didnt know when, and I missed it!, but no worries I just went to Target and got the 2 for 1 deal as well, I got Knack, Killzone, and AC4 black flag. I also have BF4 wich is shipping from another store, so I'm pretty set. I haven't payed a need for speed game since ps2 but I liked it, how is rivals suppose to be?

Honestly, I'm not a HUGE fan of need for speed or anything, but it's directed by the same guy who did Burnout Paradise, which was a game I adored. Also, I felt that need for speed has the best graphics of any triple A launch title, so that was all I really needed to push me into getting it.

I originally had planned to get Killzone, but in the end, I felt like I didn't need 2 shooters.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Honestly, I'm not a HUGE fan of need for speed or anything, but it's directed by the same guy who did Burnout Paradise, which was a game I adored. Also, I felt that need for speed has the best graphics of any triple A launch title, so that was all I really needed to push me into getting it.

I originally had planned to get Killzone, but in the end, I felt like I didn't need 2 shooters.

is there any links of reviews for NFS. i can't find any reviews on it. previews look really good. sucks that drive club got delayed. was hoping to compare the two...

big review of the PS4 hardware:

http://www.polygon.com/a/ps4-review/

most notable weakness: DS4 controller battery life = 7-8 vs. 30 hours average of the dual shock 3. looks like i need to find a long micro usb cable to connect my controller permanently:

It charges while the PS4 is turned off. That certainly helps things.

Is Call of Duty - Ghosts (ps3) worth the buy?

I'm a huge fan of Black (PS2), but haven't been able to find a worthy stand-in.

Back to COD-G, IGN gave it about 8 points out of 10, and the solo campaign's playtime (10 hours) is decent for its genre. If it's anything like Black, I'd be really tempted to pick it up.

FYI, I'm only in it for the single player campaign; not interested in online multiplayer.

UPDATE: Sorry, my bad. I meant Call of Duty - Ghosts, not BF4

big review of the PS4 hardware:

http://www.polygon.com/a/ps4-review/

most notable weakness: DS4 controller battery life = 7-8 vs. 30 hours average of the dual shock 3. looks like i need to find a long micro usb cable to connect my controller permanently:

You kidding me?! 7-8 hours? That's almost as bad as the headset Sony made for the PS3.

Well, at least it can be recharged even when the console's powered down. You're right, though. Time to look for a long micro usb cable.

Edited by GU-11

Ive been playing alot of BF4 with the Dual Shock 4 and my R1 button is sticking, not good, and some others have the issue as well.I hope the fix it.

Nippon Yasan has the PS Vita TV in stock (both versions)and I got the basic one, never end owned a vita and not really into handhelds but like playing on the big screen so it intrigue me. I read online that it won't login with my american account, but only my japanese one, and it will play basically any R1 game right know that doesn't have touch pad controls, yet Sony is suppose to release a patch later to work with the DS4 touch pad. Hopefully later they will patch it so i can use my american account, but if not its only about $106 so not really a loss to me.

Question, do you pay import tax for electronics in US?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is Call of Duty - Ghosts (ps3) worth the buy?

Back to COD-G, IGN gave it about 8 points out of 10, and the solo campaign's playtime (10 hours) is decent for its genre. If it's anything like Black, I'd be really tempted to pick it up.

FYI, I'm only in it for the single player campaign; not interested in online multiplayer.

UPDATE: Sorry, my bad. I meant Call of Duty - Ghosts, not BF4

i rarely play single player on COD series but black ops 2 was probably the best story in terms of single player. ghosts, i heard the story is a decent single player campaign but it's nothing ground breaking and most of the polish went to the multiplayer.

the only reason i got the ps3 version, there is a voucher in every ps3 copy to get the ps4 version for 10 bucks. so you can play it on both ps3/ps4 systems. comined with the target promo it was a no brainer 50 bucks for both versions.

traditionally Call of duty campaign is longer (10 hours) than battlefield's (5-6 hrs) so if you're looking at one or the other for single player and had to choose one: COD is your best bet imo.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i rarely play single player on COD series but black ops 2 was probably the best story in terms of single player. ghosts, i heard the story is a decent single player campaign but it's nothing ground breaking and most of the polish went to the multiplayer.

the only reason i got the ps3 version, there is a voucher in every ps3 copy to get the ps4 version for 10 bucks. so you can play it on both ps3/ps4 systems. comined with the target promo it was a no brainer 50 bucks for both versions.

traditionally Call of duty campaign is longer (10 hours) than battlefield's (5-6 hrs) so if you're looking at one or the other for single player and had to choose one: COD is your best bet imo.

I liked CoD 2 and Modern Warfare a lot, and I kind of liked World at War. But Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops just felt like a mess, and by MW3 I was just going through the motions. Skipped Black Ops 2 entirely, and I was planning on skipping Ghosts, too. If anyone here does play it and thinks the single player is actually pretty good, let me know. Maybe I'll change my mind.

CoD:G's single player campaign can't be any different than the previous iterations; run, gun, watch ridiculously over-the-top cut scenes. I AM intrigued about the idea of playing as a dog, though...

I'll wait for my PS4 when the first revision comes out (much like I did with the PS3). I primary use the PS3 as a Bluray player and have many PS3 games lying around untouched. Just getting back into gaming a but after a little hiatus.

I like the design of the box though. And that I like that you can charge the controller while the console is not on (I assume you still have to connect it with a cable and it's not based on any fancy near field technology). Every time I play with my PS3 I have one controller to play with and another who is charging because the box is never on otherwise and I forget to charge controllers when watching a movie using the Blue Tooth remote (which is sweet). It might not be a big help because if the PS is not in use I flip the switch on the power strip but it might help. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

here's gamespot vid of upgrading a hdd looks like using an ssd helps loads games twice as fast. i personally think it's a waste of money until large capacity (500gb) ssd become sub 100.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i personally think it's a waste of money until large capacity (500gb) ssd become sub 100.

This, pretty much.

I think SSDs have come down in price and provide a significant enough performance boost that a small 64-128GB one is great to have as a boot drive. I have one in both my desktop and my gaming laptop, and I use them primarily for the OS, security software, and the browser. I'll install other software on them until they're closer to full.

My main desktop has two spinning platters, though. One is 1TB, just for games. The other is 3TB, for my pictures, videos, music, documents, larger programs, downloads, etc.

For the record, I've got about 20 GB left on my 128GB SSD, under 500GB on the game drive, and a little over 2TB on the storage drive.

Thanks for the info on CoD:G, guys. Sounds like I'll be picking it up.

BTW, I noticed something very strange when I was testing my new home theater system. I tried playing Fall of Cybertron on it, and some of the in-game dialogue by the primary characters crackle when the letter "s" is pronounced. It only happens with FOC; I tried other games but everything else was fine, thankfully.

Anyone experience this as well?

I've got Assassin's Creed 4 in my hand, and tomorrow my PS4 arrives. But I have a First World Problem right now, I don't know WHERE I'm going to put my PS3 console, or my PS4 console depending which gets moved. F*cl<.

Display both the PS3 and PS4 vertically side-by-side (at least 4-6 inches distance from each other) or one on each side of the TV.

Display both the PS3 and PS4 vertically side-by-side (at least 4-6 inches distance from each other) or one on each side of the TV.

Can't, my entertainment center is barely the width of my 48 inch 3D TV, and the way the shelf was designed really limits the way you position your items and I have a wireless Printer, a cutter, and games all over the place.

I kind of figured out where to put it, but gotta wait and see how that area works. could be just a waste of space cause I STILL got an Xbox 1 too.