I got my 1/48 VF-1J FP! I love this thing!

vlenhoff

why the hell did they write "UN SPACY" on the leg? It's completely un-occurate

What do you mean inacurate?

I mean that the Hikaru TV style doesn't have UN Spacy on the leg.

mcr280l.jpg

Hmmmm...

vf1j_800x600.jpg

why the hell did they write "UN SPACY" on the leg? It's completely un-occurate

What do you mean inacurate?

I mean that the Hikaru TV style doesn't have UN Spacy on the leg.

mcr280l.jpg

Hmmmm...

vf1j_800x600.jpg

Poop, I cant believe I never noticed that, Im taking mine off,

What about the gun pod? I think I'll just go with the std plane decals on the low vis and no UN SPACEY on those sexy legs :huh:

So I take it that the fastpacks that come with the VF-1J don't come with the optional strike cannon and the arm armor is different? Does that mean they will sell these fastpacks seperately as well? And are the fastpacks different in color from the first fastpacks?

So I take it that the fastpacks that come with the VF-1J don't come with the optional strike cannon and the arm armor is different? Does that mean they will sell these fastpacks seperately as well? And are the fastpacks different  in color from the first fastpacks?

The new 1J are based on the Series fast pack, they are more gey than the first release and of course, lack the strike guns <_< Well those never where in the series to start with so it's a little normal :(

As far as selling them seperately, nothing on that aswell :angry:

Edited by NoSuchFile

Selling them seperately would be kinda unnecessary. The reason the other FPs were sold seperately was because they would go on different DYRL valks. They always release the Roy's scheme as a DYRL so it's meant to be with the Strike Pack. And Max and Millia's 1J FPs are custom colored. At the end this is the only one they could bundle the generic TV Fast Packs with. It's almost a guarantee that selling them it alone would do poorly. Why get that one when you can get one with a strike cannon? But who knows, maybe bundling it with the removeable hands and the TV pilot would give people enough reasons to buy it....

So I take it that the fastpacks that come with the VF-1J don't come with the optional strike cannon and the arm armor is different? Does that mean they will sell these fastpacks seperately as well? And are the fastpacks different  in color from the first fastpacks?

To your first question: No, Strike cannon is not include. This is bacuese they didnot exist on the TV show. They only existed in the Movie.

To answer your second question: No, these fast packs come with the VF-1J, but you have the option the get a VF-1J without a fats pack. Also you have the option to buy the armor(which includes the strike cannon) separately. Please notice that the fore-arms on the TV version Fast Packs a re shaped differently. No biggie anyways, but I still consider I'm getting "cheaper" fast packs if i pay extra USD $50.00 for the VF-1J FP version.

...and to answer you third question: The VF-1J, or TV ver. fast packs are a different shade of Blue/green than the Movie ver. that you can get separately. The difference is not great on the color, its just a little different Hue.

Vic.

Edited by vlenhoff

Very nice panel lineing of the VF-1J vlenhoff and cool set-up of your collection, i also

noticed the Strike VF-1S poster you have there, I WANT !!!

B)) NICE

vf1j_800x600.jpg

That image is a great example of what I mean. . . it is the "box image" for a VF-1J model I believe.

While the UN SPACY logo was never visible in the anime, whenever a model or toy company wants to do a canon/detailed release of the VF-1J, the UN SPACY has been there.

So, I hope we can call off the "Who at Yamato made the mistake" witch-hunt? They did the right thing.

Further, I hope future valks have the UN SPACY painted on the leg. Even with decals and/or custom stickers it's nearly impossible to get the "painted on" look for this particular area.

Best Regards,

Hurin

Very nice panel lineing of the VF-1J vlenhoff and cool set-up of your collection, i also

B)) NICE

Incredibly enough, can u believe that the Walscroll does not have the kite on the side of the cockpit!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I don't get it, either it didn't come with the sticker :lol: Or it is a bootleg!, I guess I'll go with option two...

I hate bootlegs! :D , But if big west don't put the pants on, and release some wallscrolls, then I'll have to relay on bootlegs. Same thing as with the Joons. When Yammies were not 'round, Joons did just fine, not enough at all, but fine. :ph34r:

Vic.

Who wants pics of Gerwalk? You? you? maybe you? Calm down, I gottta take them pictures yet! :lol:

Edited by vlenhoff

B)) NICE

Incredibly enough, can u believe that the Walscroll does not have the kite on the side of the cockpit!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I don't get it, either it didn't come with the sticker :lol: Or it is a bootleg!, I guess I'll go with option two...

I hate bootlegs! :D , But if big west don't put the pants on, and release some wallscrolls, then I'll have to relay on bootlegs. Same thing as with the Joons. When Yammies were not 'round, Joons did just fine, not enough at all, but fine. :ph34r:

Vic.

Who wants pics of Gerwalk? You? you? maybe you? Calm down, I gottta take them pictures yet! :lol:

hmmm.. that's weird... you're right, it doesn't have the kite on there. I have the same wall scroll rolled up and it makes me wonder if that kite is there or not. Why would they do that considering that the painting has it on there already...

vf1s_strike_800x600.jpg

Why would they do that considering that the painting has it on there already...

I believe the Macross Kite symbol is Trademarked. So, if the wallscroll is unlicensed it may be a (fruitless?) attempt at not getting sued.

:)

H

1/ I totally disagree with the ones who think they were right when they painted that infamous "UN SPACEY". I want to look like the TV series. And it's just not right. I hope you see what I mean.

Also, on the stickers description page in the manual, they explain that we have to apply a sticker for the leg "UN SPACEY" but it's already printed. The sticker is furnished as well.

Also, yes, there were no VF-1J Hikaru + FP...

2/ I applied the stickers for 2 hours and I noticed those stickers : (the stickers says "1/48 VF-1J")

PILOT M.JENIUS

PILOT H.KAKIZAKI

PILOT R.FOCKER

PILOT M.FALLIENA

PILOT LIEUT.K.WARMAKER

3/DSCN2375.jpg

Edited by Göönk

1/ I totally disagree with the ones who think they were right when they painted that infamous "UN SPACEY". I want to look like the TV series. And it's just not right. I hope you see what I mean.

Also, on the stickers description page in the manual, they explain that we have to apply a sticker for the leg "UN SPACEY" but it's already printed. The sticker is furnished as well.

Also, yes, there were no VF-1J Hikaru + FP...

2/ I applied the stickers for 2 hours and I noticed those stickers : (the stickers says "1/48 VF-1J")

PILOT M.JENIUS

PILOT H.KAKIZAKI

PILOT R.FOCKER

PILOT M.FALLIENA

PILOT LIEUT.K.WARMAKER

Good you disagree, then remove the UN Spacy from the leg with paint remover.

IIRC, the "VF stickers" on the legs aren't ever shown(I could be wrong) in the TV series itself either. I don't think think all those "do not step" stickers on the wings are shown, the "UN Spacy" on the gunpod......I thought you wanted it to look like it does in the TV show?

EDIT: I like the UN SPACY painted on the leg. Even the old Takatoku 1/55 had a factory sticker of it on the leg. I don't see what the bitchin about this is.... <_<

Edited by dejr8bud

damned you're right !

i need some rum !

although I think that they didnt have the time to write all those "no step" in the anime. Too many of them.

The "VF" and "UN SPACEY" will be removed ASAP

Why remove them? I'd leave them. And stick with beer, its easier on your stomach lol

So are the arm pieces to the fast pack supposed to be connected to the arm when you take it out of the box? I just got mines today and I'm hoping that they're not missing.

Mine came with all the FAST pack armor attached to the fighter in the box. The only parts loose that you would easily miss would be the manual/stickers on the back and the rack of micro missles.

If your arm armor pieces were not attached to the toy and not loose in the bottom of the tray the toy came out of I'd look into having a talk with your supplier and getting those parts sent to you.

The only parts loose that you would easily miss would be the manual/stickers on the back and the rack of micro missles.

Yep that happened to me. I found the stickers+manuals in the end but I've searched for them in the box and began to wonder seriously...

Mine came with the arm armor parts mounted. The fighter comes in the Armoured Fighter configuration except pilot+gun.

I'm still waiting my Super VF-1J from ... Super Kevin of course. I hope it will arrive at the end of the week :lol:

I received mine today and am happy overall. The painted heatshield scares me (I have a small scratch already). I would also have liked gray FPs, but that's just my preference.

All parts accounted for and no QC issues to report. The little battroid side covers aren't floppy (a first in my experience).

Well, that's fine if that's your preference. I just didn't think it was appropriate to start screaming: "Who's to blame for this!?!" and asserting that the UN SPACY is somehow wrong. Especially while most agree that Yamato did the right (and accurate) think by painting the UN SPACY on the legs.

Again, if you prefer it the other way, more power to you. However, if you apply stickers only according to what you see in the anime, you're going to have a very plain looking valk. Heck, in many (most?) shots, the Macross Kite symbol isn't even on the nose!

LOL. . . I love the use of the word "infamous". . . it is supposed to be there! There is a distinct lack of lettering and logos on valkyries in both animes. Yet every model and toy uses the "infamous" lettering and logos. :)

Even the Bandai. . .

bandai-h-1j.jpg

H

Edited by Hurin

What other people prefer does nothing on my own preference sorry :) but i respect your taste and actually the UN SPACY is not ugly. Well, forget it. I'm getting used to it now and I don't want to frakk my toy up.

I have a question for you guys. Do you think they'll release a TV style VF-1S with a grey Roy pilot? Or shall I buy the "DYRL VF-1S Roy"?

I want to put my VF-1J FP on it. They plan to re-release a few VF-1S "yellow" in december, it's hard to resist. I think the DYRL and TV were really close. (if you just forget that UN SPACY logo ;)

So has anyone ever had some parts missing to their valk?

Not me, but then again, almost anything happens to me :lol:

VIC!

I don't get it

you told us you were poor but still own tons of valks

what's your secret?

To always say that you're poor! :lol: Nah, I got al my valk, but I still have to think everytime I'm getting one. I have to do a check to see if everything will be fine before making this "money" decision. Now If I had lots of money, I'm sure I would be concerned still, but with more acquisitive power, where it wouldn't really be a worry but only a luxury.

Did I explaionded myself correctly, or did I just sell a Lemon Pie? :lol:

I do a lot of price search, and if i can get a 20.00 lower than the sticker price I would probably do so. Now I also preffer giving my money to the fellow MW members that have business 'round here. They're great, and responsable, so it is also a peace of mind to buy products from them. As you can see the reason for me getting that 1J so fast, and detailing the panel lines quickly is because Kevin(valkyrie-Excahnge) sent it extremely fast. I knew he would be that fast. In the past with other releases, I noticed that the people that ordered from K, had their stuff a week before everyone else. I don't know what 's his trick, but if I wanna get something fast, I'm giving Kevin my money.

No, I'm not getting a sales commision, I just love good service. But then again I have not have bad experiences with any other store that sells stufff around here.

Vic