I got my 1/48 VF-1J FP! I love this thing!

vlenhoff

Just got my 2 VF-1J home and cant wait to put them up for display. 1 with FP and 1 without FP.

My 2 VF-1J side by side :D  :D  :D

Hey Grassland,

Gosh 2 1/48 VF-1Js, boy you sure do spend alot. I suppose more instant noodles for ya again?

Hey Grassland, can you do a closeup picture of your VF-1S Hikaru with Fps, cos i have yet to decide to get one, perhaps being able to see it in natural light will help me decide. Sorry Guys i know this is off post. :lol::p

Cheers

Edited by recon

perhaps being able to see it in natural light will help me decide.

Hmmm, I wonder what do you mean by that? No fancy light maybe? :lol:

Vic.

Hi vlenhoff,

What i meant was white fluroscent light or normal day lighting...

The kind of lighting effects that you displayed your VF-1J

Cheers

Edited by recon

Hi Recon here as you requested. Sorry guy off post but this pic might help other that recon to decide to buy the VF-1S Hikaru. The 2 hot shot of the movie and the series side by side!

Not really sure if this help but I would say buy it and not regret later.

Since the day i know Yamato, i know my destiny is with bread and noodles :):):) All started out with the YF-19 and the rest is history................. I mean my wallet and my pay check is HISTORY!!!!!!!!

<_< :):rolleyes:

post-4-1071157818_thumb.jpg

Edited by grassland

Hey Grassland,

Thanks a million! :lol::D

I guess i have made up my mind to get the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. Both VF-1S cant seem to do without the other. Afterall both are the key characters...not forgetting Max and Kazaki....will Yamato release a VF-1S Max? We shall see. :p

Thanks again for the pictures grassland. Sorry guys for the off post

Cheers

Now I know how to recycle the VF-1J fastpack ! Thanks for picture. (I'm not fond of the movie. I only have a bad quality Real Player file. DVDs are too hard to find. anyway, off topic). The VF-1J Hikaru doesn't look right with the while it's so cute without it.

Anyone going to do a TV VF-1S? I have a spare pair of big "TV" hands to use !

The pilot figure is a problem.

Edited by Göönk

Hoo Hoo! My brand new VF-1J w/FP just arrived, and in time for Christmas no less. This thing is awesome to look at. The head sculpt is near perfect, the pilot is much better than the DYRL ones, and the extra hands should be a must on every Valk. (attention recasters: get cracking, I need a few more sets or these apendages; BTW, they should be cast in a similar soft material to Yamato's, and in color...asking a lot, I know :p )

Truth be told, however, even as impressive as the 1J is, I still think that the Low Vis wins top honors for sheer beauty and realism IMO.

anyone else have this problem on their 1J?

the visor has some pieces of it that are chipped off, I'll see if it shows up in a photo. ok. it doesn't show up, on the pic too well, but i circled the area that it is in. it is at the bottom of the visor, like when you take the micro missiles out, you have to clean/shave part of the sprue off, that's what the bottom of the visor looks like on mine but the chip is into the visor. guess i'll have to find some putty and fill it in. also, the heatshield panel line is not filled in on one side? what's up yamato? paint didn't dry? gotta find my marker and fill it in. also, the little rubber things in the legs are coming out like on the original 1/48s, oh well, easy fix on that.

argh, other than those problems, a perfectly good toy!

I haven't noticed anything wrong with my reissue 1S yet.

post-4-1072617259.jpg

anyone else have this problem on their 1J?

the visor has some pieces of it that are chipped off, I'll see if it shows up in a photo. ok. it doesn't show up, on the pic too well, but i circled the area that it is in.  it is at the bottom of the visor, like when you take the micro missiles out, you have to clean/shave part of the sprue off, that's what the bottom of the visor looks like on mine but the chip is into the visor. guess i'll have to find some putty and fill it in. also, the heatshield panel line is not filled in on one side?  what's up yamato? paint didn't dry? gotta find my marker and fill it in. also, the little rubber things in the legs are coming out like on the original 1/48s, oh well, easy fix on that.

argh, other than those problems, a perfectly good toy!

I haven't noticed anything wrong with my reissue 1S yet.

I do have the visor problem... and how do you fix the rubber leg thing? The Hikaru 1A I own has that problem.

VIC <_<

Edited by vlenhoff

I got my 1/48 Super VF-1J on Christmas Eve and although I was very impressed with it, I couldn't help but feel that the super armor just didn't look right on the Hikaru VF-1J....so I gave the super armor to my Focker VF-1S and evrything looked just right. Hikaru's VF-1J was never armored in the series and so it looks perfect to me just by itself with his Gunpod attached to his arm and having those two anime clenched hands on. I absolutely love my armored "Skull-One" with anime hands and I would have to say it's my favorite 1/48 now, the one I always wanted ever since I saw series and the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1S Super Valkyrie.

1072002414589_Optimus_and_SVF_1S_4B.jpg

Next to my MP Optimus Prime, these are the two best toys I could have ever hoped for. It's been such a great year! :D