I got my 1/48 VF-1J FP! I love this thing!

vlenhoff

I got my 1/48 VF-1J FP from Kevin's Vakyrie-Exchange yesterday!!! Thant was quick! I absolutely love this toy! It looks kind o' grey to my, but when I compare it to the other white ones, it looks white. The toy is great, I love the big hands, the pilot is really cool, the fore arms look stronger. Over all I'mreally happy to have this model. I transformed it with the armor on, and now I'm just playing with it with no armor. For some reason, this VF-1J makes me reminds me of that episode where Hikaru accidentally falls inside on a Zentraedi ship. Anyways, if you guys want pics let me know. I'll be taking pics of it soon.

Vic.

Well lucky you! <_<

Hehehehehe just kidding, i must look great along with your collection. I'll be waiting for those pics B))

For me though, I'm might have to wait a-little bit more longer for mine because it looks like i pre-ordered

a little bit too late at TMPanime and gotta wait for the 2nd shipment. Oh well, that means more excitement!

:blink:

Yippeee!!!! Me too!

I just heard a little "ding dong" my door and guess who it is? The mailman with a box in his hands labeled "Valkyrie Exchange". My eyes grew as wide as a kid on X-mas morning. Ho-boy!

This thing is absolutely beautful. This and the Roy were the 1/48's I've wanted the most all along, and I can hardly believe the wait is finally over. Nary a QC issue to be found (I haven't had a single defect so far and this is my 17th Yamato - maybe I'm just lucky?) Love the big hands, and the new pilot - just fantastic. I went without the FP's in this release, as much as I wanted some TV-style fast packs. I'm hoping to outfit this big guy in a GBP suit if they ever release one for him, and I'm guessing a M&M set is in the near future anyway, so I'll get my TV-FP fix then. Maybe - we'll see.

Anyway, if you're reading - Thanks, Kevin. Outstanding job as usual getting these out so fast. I just saw my shipping notice yesterday, and wasn't expecting it quite to quickly.

Pics, damnit... PICS!!! :D I need to drool while I wait for mine to be dropped off by Brown Santa :p

sigh.....why didn't I order from Kevin like I always do?....grumble grumble.

Oh well, for those who ordered from BBTS, I received my shipping confirmation today! Hopefully this bad-daddy is on the way!

Geez I remember a year ago I was saying that I would just get one 1/48 as the crowning jewel of my Macross collection...... but I tell you they've all been worth every penny. I can't wait to get the 1J! :):blink::)

why the hell did they write "UN SPACY" on the leg? It's completely un-occurate

What do you mean inacurate?

BTW whats Hikaru's number? I've been applying decals all night between Vanilla rum and stickers, I have to know asap!

VIC!

The number is 101, and yes the UN Spacy markings seem inacurate on the legs because they look too small IMO. However with a bit more vanilla rum, you may see it a bit bigger... :D

Edited by Montarvillois

I mean that the Hikaru TV style doesn't have UN Spacy on the leg.

It was on the Hasegawa and on the1/60, so it's on the 1/48. I happen to like it better with it, but that's me.

BTW, that picture doesn't show ANY of the markings (where's the '101' or the air intake warnings?), so maybe it isn't the best example? :unsure:

I love what they did with the U.N. SPACY. Also I lost one of the cockpit stickers inside the cockpit.(Ironic?) I'm so pissed! :angry: Oh well, overall i friggin' love this 1/48! I'll take mnore pics in other modes later. Now I have tyo sleep!

Vic!

Please enjoy!

P.S. and yes, this is the FP version.

post-4-1070812090_thumb.jpg

It was on the Hasegawa and on the1/60, so it's on the 1/48. I happen to like it better with it, but that's me.

BTW, that picture doesn't show ANY of the markings (where's the '101' or the air intake warnings?), so maybe it isn't the best example? :unsure:

the question is not to like it or not.

Who made the mistake? I think it's a mix between DYRL and TV.

I don't remember seeing a TV VF with UN SPACY on the leg. I may be wrong.

They should have put the U.N. SPACY on the stickers sheet.

the question is not to like it or not.

Who made the mistake? I think it's a mix between DYRL and TV.

I don't remember seeing a TV VF with UN SPACY on the leg. I may be wrong.

They should have put the U.N. SPACY on the stickers sheet.

Oh well, I don't think is a mistake. The U.N. SPACY SHOULD be on the leg, but since it is so hard to draw over and over and so repeatedly for an animation, they, the ilustrators, simplify their work by not including the U.N. SPACY in every logo. It all depends on how good is the budget.

Hope you like the pics!

Vic!