I got my 1/48 VF-1J FP! I love this thing!

vlenhoff

I do have the visor problem... and how do you fix the rubber leg thing? The Hikaru 1A I own has that problem.

i just take something and start shoving the rubber things back in when I see them coming out, I think there was a more permanent fix someone mentioned in the old forums, but I don't tranform them that often and each time I do, I just shove the rubber back in.

anyone else have this problem on their 1J?

the visor has some pieces of it that are chipped off, I'll see if it shows up in a photo. ok. it doesn't show up, on the pic too well, but i circled the area that it is in. it is at the bottom of the visor, like when you take the micro missiles out, you have to clean/shave part of the sprue off, that's what the bottom of the visor looks like on mine but the chip is into the visor. guess i'll have to find some putty and fill it in. also, the heatshield panel line is not filled in on one side? what's up yamato? paint didn't dry? gotta find my marker and fill it in. also, the little rubber things in the legs are coming out like on the original 1/48s, oh well, easy fix on that.

argh, other than those problems, a perfectly good toy!

I haven't noticed anything wrong with my reissue 1S yet.

I noticed that on my 1J also, after reading your post; though on mine the "defect" is not nicking into the visor. I think the problem is due to the fact that that is where Yamato decided to put the sprue to part gate...dumb choice. You'd think they'd pick an area that could be easily concealed…nothing spoils the look of a well designed product more than a poorly chosen gate or push pins locations.

If you’re lucky enough to have a protruding pimple you can easily sand it down and buff the edge to make the thing disappear.

Just got mine in the mail the other day, appears to be in very good shape (kinda got a surprise when the box came... it was shipped in a Yamato packing box labeled "CONTENTS: 1/48 VF-1S HIKARU 4 PCS" :blink: ). I have noticed a couple of things, but they're not anything serious. My speedbrake is a little floppy, and pops open about 1/16th of an inch in battroid (I may just put some double sided tape inside to keep it closed), and the head's a little loose, and rattles around a little in fighter mode, but that's it for the actual fighter. I did notice some scuffing though, not on the fighter, but on the back boosters. Most noticeably, there's a pretty big gouge out of the bottom of one of the boosters. Fortunately, it's toward the inside, and on the bottom, so it'll never be seen anyway. Aside from that, and a tiny bit of overspray on one intake, this thing is absolutely beautiful. I love the TV hands.. Personally, I think they look much better than the normal ones, and they're all I use.

It's funny... I'm so afraid to put any stress on this thing... I must've taken an hour to transform it the first time. :lol: