1/60 YF-19 Renewal Question

gingaio

Hi--Was thinking about picking up a renewal version of the 1/60 YF-19, as I heard it comes with tighter joints/better QC. Is the box different as well? Did a Google search and some sites showed a different one and others showed the original. Thanks.

Hi--Was thinking about picking up a renewal version of the 1/60 YF-19, as I heard it comes with tighter joints/better QC. Is the box different as well? Did a Google search and some sites showed a different one and others showed the original. Thanks.

Hey there. The renewal version does have a different box--it's the one with the YF-19 shown in a three-quarter angle with a dark blue background, with a pink energy burst.

And yeah, it IS supposed to be better; my guess is that it's from the DN and BoP batch instead of repackaged originals. To be fair, though, some of the owners of the originals [second batch, bundled with fold booster and Jan Neuman fig] have reported that theirs had no problems with QC and/or loose joints.

I'd opt for the the renewal version, if I were you, just to be safe. You can always get the fold booster pack separately.

Edited by GU-11

I heard that it was going to be revised completely with the VF-19 Kai improvements. Is this true?

i think everyone's wishing for that. my only real complaints about the current 1/60 YF-19 are the gullet and the fit issues in fighter mode. if Yamato does make a 1/60 v.2 YF-19, i hope they go back to the ratcheted ankles... not really liking the metal rod+balljoint that the Kai is sporting.

bleah...

post-8437-0-86420300-1307685605_thumb.jpg

post-8437-0-70092800-1307685619_thumb.jpg

i think everyone's wishing for that. my only real complaints about the current 1/60 YF-19 are the gullet and the fit issues in fighter mode. if Yamato does make a 1/60 v.2 YF-19, i hope they go back to the ratcheted ankles... not really liking the metal rod+balljoint that the Kai is sporting.

bleah...

I've got a first edition 1/60 and it's locked tight in fighter mode. I could flip it around it without pieces moving. Always thought it's only loose in gerwalk, and to some extent battroid mode? I'd say if you're a big fan of the YF-19 go for the renewal edition, ver 3 won't be out in a long time. Again, Yamato will need to remold most parts of the toy to get from the Kai to the YF.

I have that second one that came with the Fold booster and no real QC issues at all. My only nitpick is the gullet. I wouldn't rebuy a new YF-19

Amen on the gullet!

the gullet isn't all that bad, IMO. it's certainly not nearly as much a distraction, IMHO,

as the overly forward cockpit and droopy-shaped nosecone module of the new Kai, which ruins it's otherwise awesome FIGHTER mode for me...

• 4 weeks later...

K, thanks for the heads up. Btw, if anyone can, can someone post a pic of the yf-19 bop with a fold booster and/or FAST packs. Just wanna see before I commit.

There are some in the drunk valks comic:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30854&view=findpost&p=910148

I would rather wait and see if Yamato will extend the VF-19 mold to make YF-19 v2.

Edited by CF18