1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Ozma in Supers is :wub:

I agree, Super is probably my favorite of the armor packs.

Here's my favorites in order.

1. Super Parts

2. Armored Parts

3. Tornado

Note: My non-official favorite above all them is Super Parts + Cannons from Tornado parts. :D

Nice shots again Saburo!

Mahalo wmkjr, much appreciated!

@Saburo.. Using one of your photos as my new phone wallpaper! B))

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-11-23-19-54-06.png

I'm rockin Saburo pics on cell phone, iPad, and pc! True story! Lock and home screens! Great stuff!

@spanner and @ derex what are you phone screen resolutions? I have an idea for a phone wallpaper.

beautiful photos as always Saburo! :)

Thank you spanner! This concludes photos of the Ozma VF-25. I now am trying to figure out which one will be photographed yet. *shameless plug* I am asking for votes on which one will be next on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/projekt03. :D

Excellent photos as usual, Saburo!

Stripped down Ozma 25! Sexy! :D

I agree quite sexy, especially since you can see the skull artwork. Although my favorite of all the VF-25 versions is the Super.

OOOOOooozzzma LEeeeee!!! I was whooshing my Ozma 25 around the other night saying this in my best fake gruff Japanese sounding voice and I got a very strange look from the GF, and then she said innocently..."Oldsmoblie???" :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

Is this the planned cover image for the coffee table book? :wub:

Great photos, Saburo. ;)

Thanks no3ljm! I can't say for sure what the cover would be, I'll figure it out along with the book. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

hey Saburo, are you using less photoshop was the new camera? the surface detail on the ozma looks like real plastic not CG wall paper. it looks different from your older photos. (more real)

hey Saburo, are you using less photoshop was the new camera? the surface detail on the ozma looks like real plastic not CG wall paper. it looks different from your older photos. (more real)

Hey David,

You are correct, I always try to use the least amount of Photoshop in all my photos.

Here are the following things at that are different the with new photos:

• New camera is full frame and much higher resolution
  • Sharper lens
  • different lighting setup
  • use of lens filter.
  • new techniques (I have been learning stuff and doing other stuff good too) :lol:

Just wanted to clarify, you are saying the new photos are more real?

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey David,

Just wanted to clarify, you are saying the new photos are more real?

Yeah, looks more natural. like a more realistic representation of the toy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ok cool, I am trying to improve my skills with the camera.

i like both your old and new photos. if i were to read a review, i would want these latest photos. not sure if it's the higher resolution or your techniques but i notice a lot more detail on the valk. i can see the thickness of the yellow/black layer of paint on ozma's chest piece.

i like both your old and new photos. if i were to read a review, i would want these latest photos. not sure if it's the higher resolution or your techniques but i notice a lot more detail on the valk. i can see the thickness of the yellow/black layer of paint on ozma's chest piece.

The higher resolution and clarity comes with its own set of problems sometimes. Under certain lighting and angles I see the imperfections in the toy that are not readily visible when viewed with the naked eye. I am pretty sure I can get even more part detail if I were to use a macro lens.

Edited by Saburo

Yeah, getting around some of the inherent "toyness" of some of these designs must have its own challenges. I love how you capture the look of these things and make them look great, without making them look too toylike in the process. It's a very fine line that you walk very well.

Yeah, getting around some of the inherent "toyness" of some of these designs must have its own challenges. I love how you capture the look of these things and make them look great, without making them look too toylike in the process. It's a very fine line that you walk very well.

Thank very much mickyg for the compliments and the advice you have given me. I have taken your tips and implemented them into my photoshoots. Its tricky at time, I try to do my best and I am glad you like the photos.

Edited by Saburo

awesome photos, these are what make me throw my wallet at mandarake/jungle/yja/n-y lol

Thank you barurutor! I am always roaming those site looking for something to throw my wallet at too! :D

Saburo, do you have or have you ever thought about photographing some of the more popular Masterpiece Transformers? I would love to see you do Optimus Prime/Soundwave/Megatron etc...

Yes, I have, nothing recently though. I know this is not for TFs, but I'll post a few of the older pics I have taken here.

16115434460_cfa7e9fa95_h.jpg

16116952667_fe2cf3c07c_h.jpg

16541999095_edb9f2cdc8_h.jpg

16985166661_b5f06e22eb_h.jpg

20635793412_ea60e4e96e_h.jpg