1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Every time I see the word "decals" I think someone had finally made decent real waterslide decals for this naked puppy... :( But I always end up seeing just stickers. Come on guys, they're stickers - not decals. Sorry I'm a bit bitter about how much I paid for this naked thing and not even have the proper markings done up.

On the other hand, congrats VF-18S - huge improvement over the naked stock toy!

@wmkjr

Nice! Ozma Paladin Special. ;)

@VF-1S Hornet

Great photos! Great decals as well. Were those the stickers that came with the figure? ;)

Yep they did. I did my usual trimming for some of the namely the air intake decal, intake decal, that arrow and square rescue decale the and the decal on the gunpod.

Looks great, though it seems the shield is popping out a little. I found it rather tricky because you have to tinker quite a bit with the angle of the arms, but once you get it right the shield will sit fully flush on the back of the fighter and look nearly seamless.

You're right, I did have a hard time getting that sheild back in place after transforming it back from gerwalk mode. But after these shots I got it back in right.

Great shots!

Thanks

Forgot to add these as I was posting my 19 pics. This one is another collaboration with Saburo, with his Q-rare and my Banpresto Klan Klang. I made two versions, one with out the helmet on and one with the helet on. And if anyone asks how I ripped the head and hair off to get the helment on, the answer is no, I photoshopped it on her head and erased the the hair around the helment. I first took several separte shot of the helmet to get the right angle and lighting, then erased the interior, and dragged it over her head. Possitioning and creatingthe visor effects were difficult enough, but here they are. :)

16379888669_1180c9df33_b.jpg

16378721790_595b6661db_b.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Trying out a different configuration.

@davidwhangchoi, I know you'll notice the difference. ;)

I think it looks better that way though you'd think heavier loads go more towards the center.

Edited by wmkjr

:lol::lol::lol:B))

Thought you get a kick out of that.

I think it looks better that way though you'd think heavier loads go more towards the center.

I think it looks good that way too, and it allows wings to be angled a little further. I also thought that heavier loads go towards the center, but I guess that is different with over-technology.

Edited by Saburo

@Saburo Looks cool but I think im still preferring the two inboard, one outboard missile configuration.. now that you've tried it this way, which do you prefer yourself?

Not sure which I prefer, I like them both. I'll leave them this way for a bit and I'll decide later. What is really going to happen is I'll just leave them as they are because I am too lazy to detach then reattach the missiles. :lol:

Not sure which I prefer, I like them both. I'll leave them this way for a bit and I'll decide later. What is really going to happen is I'll just leave them as they are because I am too lazy to detach then reattach the missiles. :lol:

hehe! for purely this reason alone is why I won't be swapping the missiles around on mine! :p

dyrl_skull_squadron.png

B))

Yeah, but that's 3 hard points on that shot. We only get two on the toy.

With only two, the compromise is a "multiple ejector rack" configuration for the twin reaction weapons.

yeah sucks why we didn't get the 3 hard points.. <_< would have been nice to have a more flexible load out options..

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, but that's 3 hard points on that shot. We only get two on the toy.

With only two, the compromise is a "multiple ejector rack" configuration for the twin reaction weapons.

yeah :p we should have 3 hard points for tv style reaction missiles. but dyrl is correct with only two hard points w/ twin reaction paired on the outside when couple with a micro missile box.

(close up at 2:00)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah :p we should have 3 hard points for tv style reaction missiles. but dyrl is correct with only two hard points w/ twin reaction paired on the outside when couple with a micro missile box.

Now I am wondering if I should swap out the single reaction missile for the micro missile box... :lol:

After watching the video, I want to swoosh a Valk around, but I don't have any at my office. :(

Nice display Saburo. :) Got some bad news for myself, my VF-1A Hikaru backpack broke cleanly off. I haven't transformed the thing in the two years I had it and the hinge connecting the backpack to the plane craked in the middle of trasforming it from fight to gerwalk. I was mad that I got a defective toy bere Yamato folded, no amoun of super glue was going to keep it together. Should have sold it since I wasn't able to get the super packs for him and Kakizaki. :angry: I think the rod was too big for it to be conneted to fighter and backpack, or the plastic peice connecting the pack to the fighter is not made of PVC.

(close up at 2:00)

Yeah I saw it, the rack extends down in between the missiles to connect just like they did with the regular missiles.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Now I am wondering if I should swap out the single reaction missile for the micro missile box... :lol:

After watching the video, I want to swoosh a Valk around, but I don't have any at my office. :(

that would be awesome! but love your photos which ever way you place them :)

Nice display Saburo. :) Got some bad news for myself, my VF-1A Hikaru backpack broke cleanly off. I haven't transformed the thing in the two years I had it and the hinge connecting the backpack to the plane craked in the middle of trasforming it from fight to gerwalk. I was mad that I got a defective toy bere Yamato folded, no amoun of super glue was going to keep it together. Should have sold it since I wasn't able to get the super packs for him and Kakizaki. :angry: I think the rod was too big for it to be conneted to fighter and backpack, or the plastic peice connecting the pack to the fighter is not made of PVC.

that sucks... i know one of my valks backpacks is super stiff in that area and i feel like i'm stressing the hinges there. going to be more careful when moving it.

Edited by davidwhangchoi