The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

If you didn't watch tonight's PPV, you didn't miss anything. Watching RAW tomorrow night is up to you.

WWE Unforgiven Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

Maven def. Rodney Mack with a rollup.

Chris Benoit/William Regal def. Ric Flair/Batista after Benoit made Flair tap out to the Crossface.

WWE Women's Championship

Trish Stratus did the Stratusfaction on Victoria.

Tyson Tomko flattened Stevie Richards with the Problem Solver.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Ladder Match

Chris Jericho def. Christian to become the new I-C Champion. For a ladder match (especially with two wrestlers with expertise on such a match), this was a major disappointment.

The Return of HBK (Again)

Shawn Michaels knocked out Kane with some Sweet Chin Music.

World Tag Team Championship

La Resistance def. Tajiri/Rhyno after using the Quebec flagpole on Rhyno.

World Heavyweight Championship

Triple-H def. Randy Orton to become Champion for the Nth time after interference by Batista and refereeing by The Coach.

and what's with Carmella anyways?

she is like the most gorgeous DIVA wannabe,

but seems like she has some problems underneath that pretty face

Blackaces my friend, the hot ones are always the ones most prone to being psycho. <_<

Anyway, Unforgiven sounds like an absolute waste of time. Anybody who paid for it has my sympathies. And with HHH regaining "his" title once more, my resolve to completely ignore RAW on monday nights has only strengthened. I may flip past it just to see what Y2J has to say about his new belt, but beyond that I have no interest whatsoever.

Their treatment of Benoit is just criminal. I take slight consolation in the fact that he didn't have to personally lose the title to HHH, although its debatable whether its better or worse to lose it to Orton. Either way, he deserves much more than to be relegated back to mid-card level.

Ugh things just keep getting worse and worse. Still I haven't actually watched an episode in months. I'm happy to keep doing that as well. I may flip by it from time to time trying to find something else to watch but its never on the channel anymore then a few seconds.

Rock gone, Stone Cold gone, Goldberg gone, wasted the other big names they had or have. WWE is just killing itself. The death of WCW was the beginning of the end. At least then WWE had to at least work at being better then the enemy, now that they are the only game in town they don't even care anymore or just letting HHH control things. :(

I've been wondering, the wrestling group that Jeff Jaret heads, I think its him, how is that? Do they have any shows on TV, etc?

The only time I actual saw it was when they were cameo in the Chris Rock movie Head of State (lost count how many times I've watched that movie now :) )

Edited by Effect

I've been wondering, the wrestling group that Jeff Jarrett heads, I think its him, how is that? Do they have any shows on TV, etc?

For the most part, NWA-TNA is crap. They did sign a deal with a FOX Sports affiliate, but who's watching? Some areas have the show on a weekday at 3 or 4 (when everyone's at work). Others have it at 4 or 5 in the morning (like anyone's actually gonna wake up that early).

For the most part, NWA-TNA is crap. They did sign a deal with a FOX Sports affiliate, but who's watching? Some areas have the show on a weekday at 3 or 4 (when everyone's at work). Others have it at 4 or 5 in the morning (like anyone's actually gonna wake up that early).

Yeah the moves in the X-Division matches are cool. But besides that it's worse than the WWE. Since It came on so Early I used to Tivo it. But I stopped wasting hardrive space. <_<

Last night on RAW:

- The show began with a red-carpet HHH victory celebration. Flair brought in some girls while Batista had a giant cake prepared. Just when HHH was expecting a stripper to pop out of the cake, it exploded. Randy Orton jumped out of it and attacked Evolution.

- Despite unanimous boos from the crowd, Carmella will most likely win the RAW Diva Search.

- Kane fought a jobber in a no-DQ match. As he was set to break the jobber's throat with a steel chair, Lita pulled the chair away from the jobber's neck. Kane then confronted Lita before the jobber nailed him on the back with the chair, causing the Big Red Machine to land on Lita. EMTs had to pull Lita out on a stretcher. Next week: we find out that Lita had a miscarriage.

- Shelton Benjamin returned to the active roster by helping Orton fend off Evolution. Towards the end of the show, Orton, Benoit and Benjamin punked out Batista in the middle of the ring.

- Despite unanimous boos from the crowd, Carmella will most likely win the RAW Diva Search.

- Shelton Benjamin returned to the active roster by helping Orton fend off Evolution. Towards the end of the show, Orton, Benoit and Benjamin punked out Batista in the middle of the ring.

Evolution is boring. Spent the time playing R-Type final instead. :D

Diva search: Carmella's got a pretty face and hot body. Too bad she's shown the least amount of personality on tv. While the other contestants were working the crowd, she just stood there and daintly clapped her hands(booooring!!). C'mon, she's gonna get killed by the WWE diva's. Christy is at least spunky and energetic but Carmella's a PMOY so she's still gonna win.

I missed the Benjamin?! Crap! :o:lol:

Diva search: Carmella's got a pretty face and hot body. Too bad she's shown the least amount of personality on tv. While the other contestants were working the crowd, she just stood there and daintly clapped her hands(booooring!!). C'mon, she's gonna get killed by the WWE diva's. Christy is at least spunky and energetic but Carmella's a PMOY so she's still gonna win.

She's just shy, dammit! Of course, that's not as funny as some of the more "outgoing" Diva contestants. Remember the "Sell this ice cream" segement a few weeks ago? :lol:

That Seattle Slug Fest was a sham.

The two wannbe Divas could have used mouth pieces, normal size gloves and head gear and duke it out according to the rules of two minutes until one of them fell. None would have gotten hurt. Fox's celebrity boxing would have been more violent.

Instead the Divas put on huge comical gloves on and both got to attack that Coach guy. That red head attacked him like a clown.; if you got silly over sized gloves you might as well look like a crazy bafoon. Carmella tried to attack him like she was serious but her punches looked weak. Still Coach was pretending that she was really strong and he fell down like he was knocked out. Talk about a fixed fight.

Bimbos, sex objects, petty bitches, comic relief and conniving slurms sum up the writing for the female wrestlers. I remember watching GLOW back in the day I can't remember if woman wrestlers were portrayed the same way.

From the way things are going next week's Season Premiere of Smackdown is going to be great. It's not only the premiere but they're also celebrating the fifth anniversary of Smackdown.

They're going to be special apperances by Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, Vince, and Stephanie McMahon. B)) In a suprising comeback Gangrel and Viscera beat up on The Undertaker (with the help of JBL and Orlando Jordan).

Rico also made a last minute apperance and saved Charlie Haas (and the VERY sessy Ms. Jackie) from a whooping by the Dudley Boys. Is Heidenrite supposed to be some bisexual beast? It sure seemed that way with his little kidnapping of Michael Cole. Hahahahahahaha.

....and Big Show is set to face Kurt Angle at the NO MERCY PPV (it was a choice between Angle and Guerrero).

Hopefully next week will be GREAT. ;)

Last night's episode of SmackDown! was, by far, the most embarrassing episode in the history of the show. Heidenreich - a wrestler who just can't get over - decides to get everyone's attention by kidnapping Michael Cole and raping him in a stall. How this segment got aired is beyond comprehension, but it was both pointless and tasteless.

Last night's episode of SmackDown! was, by far, the most embarrassing episode in the history of the show. Heidenreich - a wrestler who just can't get over - decides to get everyone's attention by kidnapping Michael Cole and raping him in a stall. How this segment got aired is beyond comprehension, but it was both pointless and tasteless.

Maybe this is a case of life imitating art. Remember back before the roster split, when Vince said he wanted to "destroy" the WWF? Maybe he's finally decided to do it for real. It's the only reason I can comprehend for how much WWE has sucked in the last year.

Michael Cole got raped? jeez. :o Glad I went out last night.

Who the hell would think that would make good TV? ugh <_<

I still remember HHH dressed as Kane having sex with a mannequin in a coffin. That was pretty embarrassing. Who does the WWE want to attract with these stupid storylines. Do they want gay rapists, necrophiliacs, I mean come on, this stuff is garbage. That whole Heidenreich segment was so bad, Vince needs his head examined.

If I owned the WWE

1. Fire all the worthless dead weight wrestlers

2. Kill the brand extension - or at least make people believe there is seperation by doing #3

3. Use the ECW name as your second tier organization

4. New writers, these guys suck

5. Less titles - make the straps mean something

6. No more HHH politics.

That's it, I give up. I'm so happy to be in school Monday through Thurday nights now.

It got me thinking about how bad the WWE is really now, and I started thinking that even WCW wasn't this crappy. But the only reason why I might believe that is because it was relatively fresh again back in 96 and everything seemed so spontaneous about Nitro. We'd learn later that the reason why it was so spontaneous was because no one knew what the hell was going on 5 minutes before the show began! :lol:

WWE sure got lucky with The Rock IMO. The guy had so much charisma that he could carry the lamest angles and still pull it off. And the guy always had something that would crack me up in his interviews. Even Austin and Foley would say something entertaining most of the time.

Now we're saddled with HHH and his incessant droning about he's the game and Orton's total lack of mic and wrestling skills. Hell, the guy made me wince every time he wrestled cause it looked like he'd either botch a spot or injure someone. Didn't he break Batista's nose last week?

They missed an opportunity with Benoit. If they kept the championship on him for year, it would bring back the legitimacy of the title (how do you legitimize a fake title anways?! :p) and bring some of that old school flavor back into the mix where the champion just kicked ass and didn't showboat around the ring spending most of his time gabbing.

When are they going to wake up?

Well, it looks like being GM for SmackDown! isn't such a great job after all:

PWTorch.com reports the rumor that Teddy Long may be replaced as GM of SmackDown in the coming months.

Apparently, those backstage are already talking about possible replacements. Clearly, no SmackDown! GM has been successful in maintaining his or her position on the show, and it seems Long may be the next removed from the inconsistent position.

Remember, this is just a rumor.

Also, there are reports of Mean Gene Okerlund in need of a kidney transplant.

And look who else is unhappy with the RAW Diva Search:

Viewed as one of the few moments in the diva search that fans considered memorable, the recent diva segment in which the four finalists cursed each other out is still a topic of discussion backstage, reports PWTorch.com's Newsletter.

The latest word is that Triple H, who is allegedly not a big fan of the competition, was one of the few backstage to not laugh the segment off. Conflicting backstage reports, likely depending on their opinion of HHH, cite a number of reasons for HHH's frustration. One theory is that HHH felt that raunchy segments do not keep the serious nature of wrestling, however, many backstage feel that HHH might have been looking out for himself and other RAW wrestlers with the comments, in that the edgy nature of the segment made most heels on RAW look "lame" in comparison.

Apparently, a source quotes HHH as saying, "So now it's okay to curse? In that case, I'm going to call Randy Orton a c---sucker on next week's show."

Which Year btw, was Carmella playmate of?

She the latest....2004.

....and I also agree after seeing her apperance on Raw three weeks ago (pie eating contest). She's waaaaaay too dainty to become a WWE DIVA (a backstage reporter YES but certainly not a diva), it sucks that she'll probably win because of her Playboy status.

WHOA! How'd you manage to nab the Texas Rattlesnake? Free beer?

B))

How much time do you have with him? Who'll be asking the questions?

Shadowe, the host of the show, is good friends with DDP. And as many people know, Austin is currently living with DDP. Over the weekend, DDP contacted Shadowe and told him Austin is ready for an interview.

Looks like another Pro Wrestler is gone to the big mat in the sky.

RIP Raymond Traylor A.K.A BIG BOSS MAN. :(

9/23/2004 12:04:00 AM

Bossman Traylor passes away

by Dave Meltzer Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Ray "Big Bossman" Traylor passed away suddenly at his home tonight. Traylor, who was 42, got his start as Jim Cornette's bodyguard Big Bubba Rogers in 1986 after he left his job as a prison guard in Marietta, GA.

After leaving Crockett promotions over pay, his real life job became is gimmick as the Big Bossman, the evil prison guard, who had a big run with Hulk Hogan.

He was also a major star with All Japan Pro Wrestling as Big Bubba in the 90s, before returning to the WWF in recent years.

At this point his death is a mystery. He had not been complaining of feeling bad, other than a bad knee. His wife found him in a room tonight and he wasn't breathing. Paramedica were unable to revive him.

post-26-1095920766_thumb.jpg

This past Monday on RAW:

- The unexpected happened: Carmella lost in the RAW Diva Search finals.

- Lita had a miscarriage. Bad enough that we had to put up with the whole pregnancy angle for the past few months. Worse is that some jobber is getting a push out of this mess.

- Eugene vs. Bischoff at Taboo Tuesday. Come on, Vince. You can do better than that.

Bad News: Austin's out of town, so he won't be on our show tonight.

Also, another former WWE Superstar has left us:

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the loss of Ray Traylor, professionally known as the Big Boss Man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Inside the wrestling ring, Boss Man was one of the most feared and respected Superstars of his time. Outside the ring, however, Traylor was a kind, gentle, charitable, compassionate family man. While his WWE persona was known for antagonizing others, the real Traylor stopped at nothing to put smiles on the faces of the children he would meet.

Traylor began wrestling in 1984. While serving as a prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia, Traylor caught the attention of a local Atlanta wrestling booker. After months of learning the ropes and paying his dues, Traylor was re-christened Big Bubba Rogers. Not long after, Big Bubba Rogers was in main events all over the country, serving as Jim Cornette’s bodyguard.

A few years later, Traylor traveled to Stamford, Connecticut, to meet with Vince McMahon. Shortly thereafter, the Big Boss Man was created.

As a member of WWE, Big Boss Man rapidly moved up the ranks to main event status. It was as the Boss Man in WWE that Traylor enjoyed his greatest success, facing off against many huge names – Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Andre the Giant.

Ray's spirit and warm nature will never be forgotten.

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, SmackDown! PPVs suck.

WWE No Mercy Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

Mark Jindrak clocked Scotty 2 Hotty with a roundhouse punch.

Eddie Guerrero landed a frog splash on Luther Reigns.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Spike Dudley def. Nunzio with outside interference by the Dudleyz.

Billy Kidman did the Shooting Star Press on Paul London. Undoubtedly the match of the night.

Kenzo Suzuki/Rene Dupree def. Rob Van Dam/Rey Mysterio after Suzuki used the ropes for leverage on Rey.

Big Show destroyed Kurt Angle with a choke slam off the top rope.

WWE U.S. Championship - Best of 5 Series

John Cena did the F-U on Booker T. to regain the new title.

Charlie Haas/Rico/Miss Jackie def. the Dudleyz/Dawn Marie after Rico did a moonsault on D-Von

WWE Championship - Last Ride

JBL def. Undertaker after Heidenreich jumped out of the hearse and used a substance in an attempt to put UT to sleep. UT got up and attacked Heidenreich, only to receive a Clothesline from Hell by JBL.

After the match, Paul Heyman parked the hearse backstage. He then signaled Heidenreich to get in a Ford Bronco. Heidenreich then ran the Bronco at full speed and rammed the hearse.

Edited by areaseven

Last night on RAW at Madison Square Garden:

- Well, we knew WWE was gonna keep her, anyway - Carmella faces Diva Search winner Christy at Taboo Tuesday.

- While SmackDown! has their Razor Ramon imitation Carlito Caribbean Cool, RAW has Simon Dean, a derivative of the Body Donnas gimmick of the mid-1990s.

- WWE's really serious about giving jobber Gene Snitsky a push. He clobbered Kane with a lead pipe, leaving the Big Red Machine all bloodied up.

- Y2J vs. HHH in a Lumberjack match. A good match until Rhyno decided to gore Y2J (as payback for getting dropkicked). And I really don't see Orton as the company's biggest hero.

This past Thursday on SmackDown!:

- Theodore R. Long was planning to suspend both Paul Heyman and Heidenreich for their actions at No Mercy, but decided not to, as he told them there was no Undertaker found inside the hearse after the wreck.

- Heidenreich read a poem, but kept on slipping up. I can't tell whether it's a series of blown spots or just part of his gimmick, because 1) his mic skills are horrible, and 2) his gimmick makes absolutely no sense.

- In his debut on SmackDown!, Carlito Caribbean Cool knocked out John Cena with his own chains to win the WWE U.S. title.

- In his debut on SmackDown!, Carlito Caribbean Cool knocked out John Cena with his own chains to win the WWE U.S. title.

As much as I didn't like Razor.. I mean Carlito, I enjoyed seeing Marky Mark.. I mean Cena getting his ass handed to him. :blink:

Earlier tonight on RAW in England:

- Holy crap! Regal brought the house down. If you thought the Canadian crowd was rowdy, you haven't seen the British crowd.

- Bischoff added a new stipulation for Taboo Tuesday: When a competitor (Benoit, HBK or Edge) is chosen to face HHH, the other two get a shot at the Tag Team titles. Guess that means Benoit and Edge are a team again.

Also, there are rumors that Kane will leave WWE soon, due to disagreements with his contract.