The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

This has got to be the worst pay-per-view of 2003.

WWE SummerScam Results

WWE RAW Tag Team Championship

La Resistance def. the Dudleyz after Rob Conway ran in and knocked D-Von with a camera.

Undertaker choke-slammed A-Train for the win. After the match, Stephanie McMahon ran in and attacked Sable.

Falls Count Anywhere

Shane McMahon destroyed Eric Bischoff with a flying elbow through the Spanish announcers' table. The surprise of the night was in this match when Jonathan Coachman turned heel and attacked Shane'O.

WWE U.S. Championship - Four-Way

Eddie Guerrero def. Chris Benoit, Tajiri and Rhyno after using the frog splash on Rhyno. Best match of the night.

WWE Championship

Kurt Angle made Brock Lesnar tap out. After the match, Angle landed Vinnie Mac on a steel chair with an Angle Slam.

No DQ, No Rules

Kane def. Rob Van Dam with a Tombstone "on the steel steps" (take note that RVD's head landed on the portion of the steps that's usually on the corner of the ring). Kane also no-sold RVD's Van Terminator. :angry:

The World Championship - Elimination Chamber

1. Chris Jericho pinned Kevin Nash after Shawn Michaels landed some Sweet Chin Music on Nash.

2. Randy Orton got speared by Goldberg.

3. Michaels got Jackhammered by Goldberg.

4. Y2J got Jackhammered.

5. Triple-H no-sold the spear and knocked Goldberg with his sledge hammer for the win.

After the match, the Evolution continued to assault a bloodied Goldberg and handcuffed him on one side of the chamber.

Meh......Triple HHH should have lost the title to Booker T (at Wrestlemania XIX), but in a world ruled by ego we all know that'll never happen. It was also nice to see Stone Cold doing tons of ringwork with Goldberg (I caught a Saturday airing of Raw). It just keeps getting worse too....... :ph34r:

it's very nice this discussion comes back in the new forum :D

in france we just have some fight of raw on tv (nothing of smackdown) and i m also sick that HHH always win by chance. (he is the game and he makes the rule, yes and that sucks) The most interesting part is for the intercontinental belt. :p

why there is no team to counter the evolution ?? :angry:

HHH needs to die, and not in a quick and painless way. He needs to die slowly and horribly so that he feels the pain that he's caused the fans over the years. Die, HHH! DIE DIE DIE!

That last match was sooooo predictable! Was there any doubt that Goldberg would spear and jackhammer his way through his opponents? Was there any doubt that HHH would come out of the pen last (even though he was technically 2nd last)? My god, he did all of 5 minutes work in that match, and most of it was after the bell had rung. <_<

HHH needs to die, and not in a quick and painless way. He needs to die slowly and horribly so that he feels the pain that he's caused the fans over the years. Die, HHH! DIE DIE DIE!

That last match was sooooo predictable! Was there any doubt that Goldberg would spear and jackhammer his way through his opponents? Was there any doubt that HHH would come out of the pen last (even though he was technically 2nd last)? My god, he did all of 5 minutes work in that match, and most of it was after the bell had rung. <_<

It's all in the writing. Remember when that ass clown Jericho was champion for ages?

They figure they they could milk it a little more.

I understand Goldberg is going over to Smack Down as an evil wrestler. Maybe this incident will send him there. Lesnar needs to be taken down again. :p

I have never, in my life, payed for a wrestling PPV. Always managed to got to my brothers for that.

It was that bad A7?

It was that bad A7?

There were some bright spots, to be sure. The Shane O'Mac/Eric Bischoff match was entertainnig, even if Coach's heel turn was lame. Angle/Lesner was pretty good, but not as good as both are capable of....well, at least Angle is capable of better. Uhh...I think that was about it, though. I'm glad we saw it for free.

It was that bad A7?

Well...

1. There was no Intercontinental match because WWE supposedly didn't have anyone to face Christian, especially since Booker T. is out with a bad back. I mean, come on! We're talking about the I-C title - a belt with 10 times more respect than the World Championship. We could've at least seen a Christian vs. Hurricane match.

2. Jonathan Coachman turned heel as a result of all the backlash he got from the fans as J.R.'s replacement. He was also partially to blame for RAW's low ratings because his announcing skills were no better than SmackDown's Michael Cole.

3. The Fatal Four-Way match was nothing short of awesome. The outcome of the match kept on going in different directions; you couldn't tell who was gonna win. At one point, the referee had a problem declaring a winner because while Benoit had Rhyno in the Crossface, Eddie had Tajiri in a leglock submission. It finally ended when Benoit and Tajiri threw each other out of the ring. Rhyno was already knocked out by Benoit's flying headbutt, so that left him prone to Eddie's frog splash.

4. Angle vs. Lesnar was full of blown spots. When Lesnar attempted the F5, he didn't throw Angle properly and they had a bad landing, with Angle falling face-first. Many people thought Angle reinjured his neck here. What surprised me in this match was Angle using a leg-scissors sleeper hold on Lesnar - a textbook wrestling hold never used in WWE history.

5. For the Elimination Chamber, Triple-H wore long tights, elbow pads and knee pads with thicker padding, and thicker boots. This outfit made him walk funny. As soon as HHH became the next wrestler out, Shawn Michaels gave him Sweet Chin Music. He just laid there in his cell for the whole duration of the match until Goldberg eliminated everyone else. Then, when there were only two left, Goldberg approached HHH's cell, which was closed as Ric Flair had control of the door. Goldberg simply kicked the plexiglass door and proceeded to attack HHH. The fans were over with Goldberg beating the crap out of HHH until Flair slipped in a sledge hammer and HHH nailed Goldberg with it.

I read further news online and after SummerScam ended on TV, all of the superstars broke kayfabe and came back into the entrance to celebrate Vinnie Mac's birthday.

A7, you forgot the best part of the show:

Goldberg nearly falling on his ass during his entrance. :D

Ah, crap. I forgot about that. Cameras even caught him smirking after getting up.

There were also loud chants of "You F***ed Up!" during the Kane/RVD match when Kane slipped off the turnbuckle and got his legs caught between the ropes. Funny things is that he never botched this kind of maneuver when he had the mask on.

Naw, I bet Kane will be back with his mask the next time we see him. His "unmasked" storyline will be typical of every other angle that WWE has tried in the past year or so. It will be quickly buried and forgotten, and the status quo will be preserved.

Oh yeah, HHH will still be champion. That's part of the status quo too. :angry:

Here's a case of what if...

With Marvel Comics raking in millions from film adaptations of Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil and The Hulk, it'll be no surprise if they decide to do a film version of The Mighty Thor. And who will they cast as the God of Thunder?

Triple-H. Because he's big, he's got long blond hair and he carries a hammer.

• 2 weeks later...

Now for some wrestling news:

On October 25, HHH and Steph will tie the knot (legitimately, not in the ring like four years ago). Next week, though, WWE Superstars will host a bachelor party for HHH.

Of course, there will be a few Superstars who will not attend the party. RVD will not show up due to obvious reasons (he's one of many with legitimate problems with HHH). Chris Jericho will also no-show. As a matter of fact, there are rumors of Jericho leaving the WWE by the end of the year because he's unhappy with the direction his character is going.

Also, tonight, my co-worker and his colleagues at TopWrestling.com will have Diamond Dallas Page as their special guest on their weekly radio show. I wish I'd join them (especially since DDP's wife Kimberly will be on hand), but I'm at school right now. :(

This month's PPV is Unforgiven, which will have HHH defending the World Championship against Goldberg. There is but one stipulation on this match: if Goldberg loses, he leaves WWE for good.

The big question is this: Who will win in this match? Naturally, you'd think HHH would win, given his position in the booking staff. But there are major factors affecting this match:

1. Goldberg signed a multi-million dollar contract with the WWE, but the creative department has not been too happy with his performance since day one. Perhaps his loss in this PPV will be the WWE's way of getting rid of him.

2. HHH has some lingering injuries and he's about to legally tie the knot with Steph next month, which makes it appropriate for him to drop the strap later this month. Besides, not only does he really need to take time off, he should just drop the strap for ratings' sakes.

Here's a case of what if...

With Marvel Comics raking in millions from film adaptations of Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil and The Hulk, it'll be no surprise if they decide to do a film version of The Mighty Thor. And who will they cast as the God of Thunder?

Triple-H. Because he's big, he's got long blond hair and he carries a hammer.

I heard from a friend years ago that Fabio was gonna be casted for either an animated and/or a live action version of Mighty Thor. Weird weird stuff man. :huh::o:p:lol:

~G25

..I miss the old Kane but....putting off his mask just plain SUCKS.... :(

Ditto. I also miss the fact that he spoke with a vocal vox thingie which was canned circa 97/98 but was a cool gimmic for Kane.

~G25

HHH

Triple H

Triple-uh Ehuch-a

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is it any wonder we're all getting sick of WWE? Why not just call it the HHHWWE from now on? And an on-air bachelor party for him now...? My God, the man's ego has become so bloated it could eclipse Rikishi and Rosie combined. He's nothing but a sponge for airtime, moreso when he's not wrestling.

And if Jericho leaves, I hope he takes Hurricane, RVD and some other underappreciated talent with him. Maybe they could find a promotion that appreciates them, unlike WWE. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

News Flash

HHH to infect the film industry!!

From IGN Filmforce:

September 16, 2003 - World Wrestling Entertainment star Triple H, whose real name is Michael Paul LeVesque, is looking to break into the movie business. According to today's Hollywood Reporter, the Game has signed on to Jornada del Muerte (Journey of Death), from writer-director John Milius (Conan the Barbarian, Apocalypse Now). 

Milius reportedly wrote the project specifically for Triple H.  The story is described by THR as "a modern-day Western set in the Southwest that involves motorcycle gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor."  The film will be the first produced under Vince McMahon's newly-formed WWE Films banner.

There's also word that the Cerebral Assassin has signed on to star in Blade: Trinity.  No details on his role in that film were available, except that he'll "go up against Wesley Snipes."

Sounds like Triple H is hoping to follow in the footsteps of another WWE star, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who is poised to take Hollywood by storm with his forthcoming action comedy, The Rundown.  We won't be officially reviewing the flick until closer to it's release, but our reviewer calls The Rock's performance "star-making."  It looks like a really solid, fun flick!

Where's my :puke: emoticon? :angry:

News Flash

HHH to infect the film industry!!

From IGN Filmforce:

September 16, 2003 - World Wrestling Entertainment star Triple H, whose real name is Michael Paul LeVesque, is looking to break into the movie business. According to today's Hollywood Reporter, the Game has signed on to Jornada del Muerte (Journey of Death), from writer-director John Milius (Conan the Barbarian, Apocalypse Now). 

Milius reportedly wrote the project specifically for Triple H.  The story is described by THR as "a modern-day Western set in the Southwest that involves motorcycle gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor."  The film will be the first produced under Vince McMahon's newly-formed WWE Films banner.

There's also word that the Cerebral Assassin has signed on to star in Blade: Trinity.  No details on his role in that film were available, except that he'll "go up against Wesley Snipes."

Sounds like Triple H is hoping to follow in the footsteps of another WWE star, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who is poised to take Hollywood by storm with his forthcoming action comedy, The Rundown.  We won't be officially reviewing the flick until closer to it's release, but our reviewer calls The Rock's performance "star-making."  It looks like a really solid, fun flick!

Where's my :puke: emoticon? :angry:

Actually, isn't this a good thing since it will get HHH out of the WWE or at least reduce the time he's holding the belt? :)

Actually, isn't this a good thing since it will get HHH out of the WWE or at least reduce the time he's holding the belt? :)

I dunno....I can imagine HHH parading around the set with the belt over his shoulder. Or worse still, imagine if they let him cut some promos while he's away filming....

JR - "And now...wait, we're being taken somewhere else..."

King - "It looks like...a movie set. Ha ha!"

JR - "Why...this must be the set of Blade 3."

King - "Do you think we'll get to see....puppies? Ha ha!"

HHH - "Goldberg.....when I get back from filming this movie-uh....I'm going to end your career-uh."

Audience - "Aaaaarrrgghh!!!!"

What the heck?!?!?! Did anyone else watch the Ironman Match on tonight's Smackdown? I can't believe they made Kurt Angle lose the Championship Belt on Smackdown. Couldn't they have waited for the PPV Special on Sunday? :angry:

What the heck?!?!?! Did anyone else watch the Ironman Match on tonight's Smackdown? I can't believe they made Kurt Angle lose the Championship Belt on Smackdown. Couldn't they have waited for the PPV Special on Sunday? :angry:

Not really. Remember that both brands can only share the four major PPVs (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series). This month's PPV is a RAW brand only. SmackDown's PPV comes next month.

What the heck?!?!?! Did anyone else watch the Ironman Match on tonight's Smackdown? I can't believe they made Kurt Angle lose the Championship Belt on  Smackdown. Couldn't they have waited for the PPV Special on Sunday?  :angry:

Not really. Remember that both brands can only share the four major PPVs (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series). This month's PPV is a RAW brand only. SmackDown's PPV comes next month.

And my question is this. Would you want to pay to see a single match?