The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

Jeff Jared was one of my favorites back in the day before he went to WcW. I really liked the WWF during that time. I wish they brought him back. Also what ever happent o Scott Stiener? Did the WWE drop him or something?

Yeah, where is Steiner?

Shame they put him to waste. He used to have good matches, but they haven't used him worth crap after he came to the WWE, instead wasting him on a Stacy Kiebler love triangle.

Maybe he finally said "bite me"?

Edited by Anubis

the steiners were definitely one of my fav. tag teams back in the day.

my favorite dude lately is chris(i can't spell his last name) he does this move called the crippler cross-face and that crap looks like it hurts for real. :p

i used to be a goldberg fan from the WCW days....what ever happened to him?

you know what they really need to bring back is....

G.L.O.W.

Wow. I wonder how much weight they had to take out of that car before Big Show tipped it over. :blink:

Ugh......Torrie. You really should run before the Big Show starts breaking windows.

Ah.....Booker T's old music is BACK. B))

EDIT: Hahahahahahahaha. Angle got FAWKED UP.

Edited by UN Spacy

It is official:

STONE COLD CALLS IT QUITS!

WWE and Steve Austin part ways

After months of negotiations, the WWE and Steve Austin have been unable to come to terms on a new contract and as a result have mutually agreed to part company.

Both parties have left the door open to work together again in the future and the WWE wishes Steve the very best in his future endeavors.

It is official:

STONE COLD CALLS IT QUITS!

WWE and Steve Austin part ways

After months of negotiations, the WWE and Steve Austin have been unable to come to terms on a new contract and as a result have mutually agreed to part company.

Both parties have left the door open to work together again in the future and the WWE wishes Steve the very best in his future endeavors.

lol oh well its not like he was adding that much to the show really. Him driving around on his ATV was boring and his enforcer/commissioner role was nothing great either.

lol oh well its not like he was adding that much to the show really. Him driving around on his ATV was boring and his enforcer/commissioner role was nothing great either.

The problem is that even though he did nothing but ride his ATV and chug beer in the ring, he was still a huge draw for the company. He was also the one person that kept Triple-H's ego in check backstage (at least until he walked out two years ago). With four big names gone (Austin, The Rock, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg) and Kurt Angle in no position to wrestle, the WWE is in big trouble if it doesn't develop any new superstar this year.

Time to bring Sting back.

There are some problems with bringing Sting in:

1. He's currently under contract with NWA-TNA.

2. He says he's a born-again Christian and believes WWE is smut. What does that make resident Christians Shawn Michaels and Molly Holly?

3. Will the WWE crowd really accept him, especially since he's never stepped foot on a WWE ring in his 20+ years in the business?

(Edited for grammatical content.)

After their disastrous break-up (again) during their last apperance on WWE, I doubt they'll ever come back INTO the squared circle. Isn't Hall and Nash in another league? What ever happend to Hogan?

Aren't Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Steiners, etc. all in another league?

Any news on former Smackdown GM Heyman? :ph34r:

1. Hall and Nash last appeared at a UPW house show in Anaheim, CA, this past February. They vowed not to wrestle unless it's to put someone over.

2. Jeff Jarrett runs NWA-TNA, where everyone calls him "Triple-J." Sting is in there as well. Scott Steiner is still under contract with the WWE, but is out with another injury. Rick Steiner is nowhere to be found.

3. It looks like Paul Heyman is legitimately out of the WWE. There are rumors of him setting up his own organization patterned after ECW.

There are some problems with bringing Sting in:

1. He's currently under contract with NWA-TNA.

2. He says he's a born-again Christian and believes WWE is smut. What does that make resident Christians Shawn Michaels and Molly Holly?

3. Will the WWE crowd really accept him, especially since he's never stepped foot on a WWE ring in his 20+ years in the business?

Actually I was joking :p

But it is good to know what actually happened to him.

WWE finally did something right in Canada.

WWE Backlash Results:

Sunday Night Heat Opener

Val Venis did the Money Shot on Matt Hardy ver. 1.0.

Shelton Benjamin def. Ric Flair with a top-rope maneuver. Flair was originally supposed to win, but he dropped his brass knuckles at least twice during the match.

Jonathan Coachman def. Tajiri after Garrison Cade ran in and knocked Tajiri out.

Inter-Gender Handicap

Chris Jericho def. Christian and Trish Stratus with a swift kick to the head on Christian.

WWE Women's Championship

Victoria def. Lita. Match sucked anyway.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Hardcore Rules, No Evolution at Ringside

Randy Orton destroyed Mick Foley with an RKO on a barb-wire baseball bat. He even proved to everyone that he had the balls to take thumbtack bumps.

Hurricane & Rosey def. La Resistance due to interference by Eugene.

Edge speared Kane for the win.

World Heavyweight Championship - Triple-Threat

Chris Benoit def. Shawn Michaels and Triple-H after making HBK tap out to the Sharpshooter.

Wow, they actually let Benoit keep the title?!?

Sweet. Wonder how long HHH will go without the belt. Within the next PPV or two I guess, but it's cool at least they didn't give it back to him right away.

I do have to say other than that the results were no huge surprize really.

BTW, where's Undertaker been lately? Are they waiting for his hair to grow again or what?

It was actually a darn good PPV, for a change. Other than the Victoria/Lita match, I can't think of anything that really sucked.

And speaking of Lita, it seems to me that she's still very hesitant in the ring. She needs to get her in-ring confidence back ASAP.

Last night on RAW:

- Chris Jericho lost to Christian after someone ran in and did a mafia kick on Y2J. Christian told Trish that the new guy was their "problem-solver: introduced him as Tyson Tomko.

- Kane had a vignette about making a sacrifice later on the show. No idea what that is all about.

- Edge issued a challenge to Randy Orton, but was later on attacked by the rest of Evolution. Benoit ran in to make the save, but was trampled by HHH. Bischoff then announced that the main event of the night was Benoit/Edge vs. Flair/Batista for the Tag Team Championship.

- There was supposed to be a mixed tag match between Lita/Val Venis and Gail Kim/Matt Hardy, but Kane made his appearance and chokeslammed Venis. He then stalked Lita. Matt then ran in to save Lita, but got a chokeslam for his troubles. If this was Kane's "sacrifice," then it was a really lame one.

- Last week on SmackDown!, viewers were treated to a small vignette featuring an upcoming wrestler named "Mordecai" (just what we need - another Gangrel wannabe challenging the Undertaker). On RAW (or at least that's what we're led to believe), there was a vignette on the rise and fall of the Imperial Japanese Empire during World War II. Then the name "Hirohito" flashed. FYI, Hirohito was the Japanese emperor from 1928 to his death in 1989. The vignette mentioned that a new leader named Hirohito would rise from the ashes of the lost Imperial rule. It's probably good that the WWE will bring in a Japanese wrestler to feud with Tajiri, but to base his gimmick on World War II is a completely bad idea.

- Benoit and Edge are the new World Tag Team Champions.

Edited by areaseven

Tonight on SmackDown!:

- Paul Heyman returns as GM for the night.

- The Dudleyz turn heel. RVD jobs again.

- Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty lose the Tag titles to Charlie Haas and his new tag team partner, Rico. :blink:

- Rene Dupree gets his own segment called "Cafe du Rene"

Aside from that, it's gonna be another boring episode.

It was nice to see more comedy on tonight's Smackdown. Rico calling Charlie as "Charles" during their post match interviews. Hahaha. I declare them the funniest tag team since Billy and Chuck. Come on.....it's the perfect odd couple.

Heyman back? Yawn. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well time to bring this thread back from the dead lol

I take it everybodys interest in the WWE lately has been like mine? BLAH!!!

But HBK vs Benoit on RAW this past Monday was very good until the asshat, HHH showed up. I don't get WWE's writing/booking sometimes. Its not like HHH needed more heat from the fans...And its offical JR is Harry Carry reincarinated lol

The Kane kidnapping Lita angle is nothing new. The Undertaker did this angle a few times IIRC.

And the one feud that's turning out good is the Jericho vs Christian and the gang. I guess sitting through weeks of torture with Trish's bad acting was worth it....wait no it wasn't lol. She does look pretty good though. I like her as a heel. She can slap me around anytime :D

Edited by dejr8bud

But HBK vs Benoit on RAW this past Monday was very good until the asshat, HHH showed up. I don't get WWE's writing/booking sometimes. Its not like HHH needed more heat from the fans...And its offical JR is Harry Carry reincarinated lol

I almost thought they had HHH do a run in because jericho almost gave away that HBK would win in his highlight reel skit.

Please tell me this heart attack/stoke thing is just another very stupid angle. <_<

:lol:

Of course it's another very stupid angle. After all....this is the WWE we're talking about.

Well. I wonder when the DEAD MAN Undertaker is gonna lose. Like A7 stated earlier he's supposed to start another reign of terror. Yikes.

Earlier tonight on SmackDown!:

- Yes, the heart attack incident is a work. A really bad one to be more specific. It's almost as bad as the time the Big Show's father passed away and the Big Boss Man dragged his coffin at the funeral.

- Jacqueline beat Chavo Guerrero to become the new Cruiserweight champion. Are they gonna do the Chyna thing all over again?

- Booker T. saw a psychic to find answers on how to defeat the Undertaker. Later on the show, he went to a cemetary and stopped by an unmarked grave. He picked up some dirt from it. After he left, a hand popped out of the grave. Is this the person named Mordecai who the Undertaker is supposed to feud with later this year?

- Rene Dupree attempted to interfere with the Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie match, but John Cena made the save, only to be obliterated through the announcers' table by the French Phenom.

- The Dudleyz were set to face RVD and Eddie Guerrero, but at the last minute, Eddie was pulled out of the card by Kurt Angle because of the extent of Eddie's temper. Rey Mysterio filled in as RVD's partner. After RVD and Rey won the match, the Dudleyz attacked the duo before Eddie ran in and destroyed everyone in the ring, literally destroying a steel chair in the process.

If John Bradshaw Layfield wins at this month's PPV, I'm boycotting SmackDown!

- Rene Dupree attempted to interfere with the Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie match, but John Cena made the save, only to be obliterated through the announcers' table by the French Phenom.

- If John Bradshaw Layfield wins at this month's PPV, I'm boycotting SmackDown!

Dawn Marie sure did look yummy in that outfit. :lol:

Well. If Angle can lose the WWE Championship on Smackdown (versus Brock Lesnar in an IRON MAN match a couple of months ago), then anything is possible at Judgement Day. :lol:

Earlier tonight on SmackDown!:- Jacqueline beat Chavo Guerrero to become the new Cruiserweight champion. Are they gonna do the Chyna thing all over again? SmackDown!

When is Vince going to stop recycling bad WCW story lines? They did this same crap with her a Disco Inferno. <_<

Forgot to mention that I will be in attendance at this month's PPV Judgment Day, which takes place at the Staples Center in L.A. If we're lucky, my co-worker's friend will get us backstage courtesy of RVD. But if RVD himself can't get his own wife backstage...

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- Shawn Michaels has been suspended for attacking Triple-H in his match against Shelton Benjamin. Well, that's one egomaniac out of the ring for a while. Unfortunately, Benoit has to defend the title against HHH next week.

- I tell you, WWE has no respect for cruiserweights. Batista must've legitimately injured Tajiri.

- Matt Hardy ver. 1 was preparing for his match against Val Venis, but Kane appeared on the TitanTron. For a minute, I thought Kane abducted Venis and was gonna have his way on him.

- Eugene made his debut. What's with WWE handing out Eugene signs all over the arena?

Raw....sucked.

Even the Christian/Jericho cage match was underwhelming. There was a small comedic effect after Eugene beat La Resistance, but that quickly subsided as the crappiness was realized.

:(

So I guess me getting drunk at the Machine Head show last night was better than watching RAW...of course it was... Machine Head killed!!

Anyway, who won the Jericho/Christian cage match? Was it any good?

Edited by dejr8bud

Be honest. This is the only reason you guys watch RAW.  :lol:

I still like Lita better B))

As for the Christian.Jericho match. Despite the cage, it felt...generic. Christian's face was a little bloodied, even tough JR was saying crimson mask and he's bleeding all over the place it wasn't really. He has some blood on one side of his face pretty much. No surprise really Jericho won, at least to me. The freakjob that came out with Christian and Trish got ejected after hitting Jericho when he tried to escape the cage. That was funny.

Nothing special though really.

The only reason I stayed watching was that I was building my HGUC Quebley Mk. II.

Edited by Anubis