The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

- Apparently, Randy Orton legitimately busted Mick Foley's left eye. Sure, Foley is Foley, but when you legitimately give your opponent a black eye like that, you don't belong anywhere near a ring.

How do you know that Foley and Orton didn't plan for that stiff punch? Foley did it before with Rock during that great PPV where he told Rock to keep hitting him with the chair until it busted his head open. After that, I don't think Foley would be prissy over a black eye. Not to mention Foley will gladly take a shot if he feels that it will greatly advance the buy in of the fans on an angle.

Well Prowrestling.com did have a story saying the the Black Eye was planned( Foley's Idea) . So even though I hate orton this was not his fault.

- Apparently, Randy Orton legitimately busted Mick Foley's left eye. Sure, Foley is Foley, but when you legitimately give your opponent a black eye like that, you don't belong anywhere near a ring.

How do you know that Foley and Orton didn't plan for that stiff punch? Foley did it before with Rock during that great PPV where he told Rock to keep hitting him with the chair until it busted his head open. After that, I don't think Foley would be prissy over a black eye. Not to mention Foley will gladly take a shot if he feels that it will greatly advance the buy in of the fans on an angle.

Well Prowrestling.com did have a story saying the the Black Eye was planned( Foley's Idea) . So even though I hate orton this was not his fault.

Either way, Orton sucks.

Okay, so maybe the black eye was planned. But still, there's no reason to put over an inexperienced wrestler like Orton. He hasn't given his dues, not to mention that he can't sell a move properly.

Take, for example, two years ago, when he fought Christian. He attempted to execute some spinning maneuver by placing his leg over the back of Christian's neck. Not only did he botch the maneuver, he broke his shoulder in the process.

Even until now, he hasn't learned from his past mistakes. Last month, during a tag team match with Batista/Flair against RVD and Jericho, Orton slipped while attempting to give Y2J an RKO. And in front of a live audience and on live TV, he made wrestling look worse by doing a second attempt on his botched finisher.

Orton is obviously too green to be in the big leagues. The best advice for WWE is to send Orton back to OVW for retraining.

I never understood why Orton got such a push anyway? Weren't there plenty of other guys with more experience then him and were starting to become favorites of the fans? Was there ever any word on that?

So....who's actually watching Wrestlemania.

It *is* this weekend, isn't it?

Already? My how the time passes.

Maybe, I don't know if I want to gamble with the PPV fee being worth it or not.

Edited by Anubis

So....who's actually watching Wrestlemania.

It *is* this weekend, isn't it?

I thought it was March 14th?... shows how interested I'm in it. Anything good on Smackdown last night? I was watching reruns of MXC that I have seen 1000 times instead lol

Last night on SmackDown!:

- On RAW, Austin's ATV was impounded. Well, it looks like Brock Lesnar stole it. He came in the ring to Austin's music while riding the camouflage ATV and talked trash about Austin and Goldberg before chugging some Miller Lites.

- Paul Heyman demanded an apology from Eddie Guerrero for "hurting" Dawn Marie (actually last week, Eddie shoved Heyman, who was right next to Dawn Marie). Eddie than said he could kick Heyman's ass with both hands tied to his back. Because of that, Heyman issued a match against a handcuffed Eddie.

- The World's Greatest Tag Team came into the ring dressed up as the APA (Shelton Benjamin was dressed as Bradshaw, while Charlie Haas sported an afro wig and dressed as Faarooq). They imitated the APA's gestures and went on to sing the West Texas Rednecks' song "Rap is Crap." The real APA ran in and attacked the duo, only to be attacked by the Bashams.

- A handcuffed Eddie was beating the hell out of Heyman, who then decided to walk out of ringside. This left Eddie helpless against Kurt Angle.

mnwcover.jpgtv-14.gif

The Monday Night War

WWE Home Video, 2004

Rated TV-14 for graphic violence, slight nudity, mature situations and strong language.

It was a television war almost comparable to the American Civil War. North vs. South. World Wrestling Entertainment vs. World Championship Wrestling. From 1995 to 2001, both promotions exchanged blows every Monday night for primetime supremacy. Under the helm of Eric Bischoff (the Carl Macek of pro-wrestling), WCW Monday Nitro beat WWE Monday Night RAW for 84 consecutive weeks with storylines involving the nWo. WWE retaliated by making Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley and Triple-H superstars beyond epic proportions. Throughout the ordeal, wrestlers switched sides until people in WCW got sick of the business and completely jumped to WWE. In the end, poor management, misuse of production costs, stale storylines and anything else you can think of led to the demise of WCW.

The Monday Night War is a detailed look at the most important points of both promotions. The video shows the history of WCW starting from the time Ted Turner purchased it from Jim Crockett Productions and gave Bischoff the controls. What started out as good business turned stale when the nWo abused creative control, when Bischoff went on an endless spending spree, and especially when Vince Russo and Ed "Oklahoma" Ferrara took control. All of these events include interviews with former and current WWE Superstars, unforgettable matches, and events that changed the face of professional wrestling forever.

If there's only one wrestling video to get other than Beyond the Mat, it's The Monday Night War. Undoubtedly one of the most important chronicles in wrestling history.

Rating: A

DVD Extras: A-

Think the feature itself isn't enough? You should check out the extras:

- Jim Cornette Shoot Interview. On an episode of RAW, the former manager takes an unscripted shot at WCW and its unethical business.

- "Bret Screwed Bret". One night after the infamous Montreal incident, a black-eyed Vince McMahon does a shoot interview, telling everyone about how Bret Hart disrespected the WWE and pro-wrestling in general by spitting at him at the Survivor Series PPV.

- Rick Rude appears on both RAW and Nitro on the same night.

- Stone Cold Stuns Vince McMahon. How Vinnie Mac boosted WWE ratings by becoming the company's biggest heel.

- Ric Flair's return. Weeks after being sued by WCW, the Nature Boy gives Nitro an amazing ratings comeback.

- "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan vs. Goldberg.

- The Outsiders invade the WCW production truck.

- The last Nitro. Sting and Flair give a final performance, and the WWE takes over.

- D-Generation X invades WCW. Featuring scenes that never aired on TV.

- Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. British Bulldog & Owen Hart.

- Shawn Michaels & HHH vs. the Legion of Doom.

- Chris Benoit vs. Booker T.

Edited by areaseven

I've been thinking about picking that DVD up for a few weeks now, Those were the good old days, But In Cali there was never really a WAR for me. Remember When the first airing of Nitro would come on at 5:00 PM on TNT then by the time RAW came on at 9:00 PM you didn't have to switch channels and both shows were actually good. :D

This just in from TOPWRESTLING.com:

It was reported Saturday night that Hercules Hernandez passed away. This was announced at the Pro Wresting Hall of fame Dinner held outside of Buffalo, New York. At the start of the evening they had a ten-bell salute for wrestlers who have passed in the last year including Hercules, which shocked the crowd, as none of us knew.

We've been able to confirm that Hercules Hernandez (real name Raymond Fernandez) did pass away from what is believed to have been a heart attack in his Tampa, Florida home. Fernandez would have turned 46 on 5/7.

Fernandez was best known as "The Mighty" Hercules Hernandez in the World Wrestling Federation in the 1980s as a member of Bobby Heenan's stable. His major singles feud was with Billy Jack Haynes in 1987 over who had the better full nelson. The feud featured his career highlight, a double countout against Haynes at Wrestlemania III.

Fernandez was turned babyface in a feud against Ted DiBiase after an angle where he rejected being sold to DiBiase as "his slave." He later teamed with Paul Roma as the Power and Glory tag team.

After leaving the WWF in the early 1990s, he had a run in New Japan Pro Wrestling as Hercules Hernandez teaming with Scott Norton as the Jurassic Powers. He also worked briefly in WCW as the masked Super Destroyer managed by Harley Race during 1992's Bill Watts regime.

Prior to his WWF run, Fernandez had worked for a number of territories including World Class, Mid-South, and Central States Wrestling.

Fernandez has been retired for years, but did work an independent date in Queens, New York in 2001 for Gladiator Championship Wrestling.

ToPWrestling.com would like to pass our deepest condolences to the family, friends, and fans of Hercules Hernandez.

Raw summary:

Blah Blah Blah

Wrestlmania

Blah Blah Blah

I will break you

Blah Blah Blah

HHH runs his mouth

Blah Blah Blah

Grrr

Blah Blah Blah

Every match was super short, no surprise (guess they don't want any risk of anyone getting hurt before wrestlemania).

Then they talked, and talked and talked. I don't know, I found the Rock annoying tonight as well during him and foley's time on stage. Then they got their pre-PPV ass whupping as usual formula. Not that great a hype builder for me in the end. I did like seeing Superfly make an appearance though.

Then I looked at the PPV listing on the cable box and saw Wrestlemania's price: 50 dollars. :angry:

I will not be watching Wrestlemania. Is it always so expensive?

Edited by Anubis

As usual, I will bite the bullet and watch WrestleMania this Sunday with my co-workers. Of course, I'll have to go grocery shopping this Saturday and buy as many bottles of Orion beer as possible for the PPV.

The "This Is Your Life" segment was funny for the most part, but like Anubis said, it was a waste of air time. BTW, did anyone notice that whenever The Rock appeared, Triple-H was nowhere to be found?

WWE did a horrible job of selling WM 20 last night. I'm still not sure if gonna buy it. RAW was barely watchable last night. Just awful.

Too bad about Hercules Hernandez. 45 and dead jeez

Then I looked at the PPV listing on the cable box and saw Wrestlemania's price: 50 dollars. 

I will not be watching Wrestlemania. Is it always so expensive?

I think normally the PPVs are 34.95. I think on Dierct TV its 39.95. WM 20 is an hour longer but yeah too expensive. Especially since you'll probably see the some of the same matches on RAW or Smackdown the next night or soon after

As usual, I will bite the bullet and watch WrestleMania this Sunday with my co-workers. Of course, I'll have to go grocery shopping this Saturday and buy as many bottles of Orion beer as possible for the PPV.

The "This Is Your Life" segment was funny for the most part, but like Anubis said, it was a waste of air time. BTW, did anyone notice that whenever The Rock appeared, Triple-H was nowhere to be found?

Are they at least going to chip in towards the 50 bucks. I'd hate for you to have to take that bullet by yourself.

Are they at least going to chip in towards the 50 bucks.  I'd hate for you to have to take that bullet by yourself.

I don't have to pay. All I have to do is chip in for the pizza and beer.

Even better :D

IMO, I think everytime Rock shows up it's a blessing. There aren't many wrestlers with his kind of charisma, and mic skills. And his wrestling always looks sharp. I know at least SOMETHING entertaining is going to happen when he's around. I can't say the same about HHH. When I watch the current crop of guys like Brock Lesnar, The Bashem Bros, or John Cena, I end up falling asleep.

Brock Lesnar is just an overhyped Psycho Sid with about the same level of mic skills. John Cena is playing a bad rapper-wrestler based on an already bad rapper to begin with (Marky Mark). And these are the top tier new blood??? John Cena couldn't rhyme if his life depended on it. I mean, have you listened to his crap rap on that terrible Stinger drink commercial? He ends every rhyme with "man". Wow, that takes skill. I could get a 2nd grader out of Reading Comprehension class and have him read a nursery rhyme with better flow than he makes out on all of his interviews.

The best match I have seen in ages out of WWE was the Ultimo Dragon/Mysterio/Kidman match last week against Tajiri and the two other guys. And I feel sorry for Goldberg... it always seems like Vince takes the best angles or talent that happened back in WCW and brings them over to WWE just to bury them and make them lose to WWE superstars just so he knows he killed the heat on them and won't have to worry about them going over to another promotion and making it big there, becoming a threat later on.

Perhaps we should whip up some kind of drinking game for Wrestlemania.

Take 1 shot every time:

HHH no-sells a move

Orton botches a move

Kane opens his yap

Trish tries to act

....and so forth.

You'd probably be taken to the hospital for alcohol poisioning lol

make it a double everytime JR slobbers out " Mrs. Foley's baby boy"

Perhaps we should whip up some kind of drinking game for Wrestlemania.

Take 1 shot every time:

HHH no-sells a move

Orton botches a move

Kane opens his yap

Trish tries to act

....and so forth.

You'd probably be taken to the hospital for alcohol poisioning lol

make it a double everytime JR slobbers out " Mrs. Foley's baby boy"

I think so too. :lol:

You gotta consider how many times HHH no-sells a movie. You'll be drunk before Wrestlemania is even over. How about......one shot for every botched finishing movie (i.e. when Lesnar messed up his Five Star Frog Splash in WMXIX). B))

More bad news for the WWE, courtesy of TOPWRESTLING.com:

Could Brock Lesnar be done with the WWE after WrestleMania 20?

Very strange reports are coming out that Brock Lesnar could possibly be finished with the WWE after WrestleMania 20 takes place this Sunday. It seems that Bill Goldberg may not be the only main event wrestler to be done with the WWE.

Apparantly, friends and family of Brock Lesnar state that the former WWE Champion has not been very happy recently. Lesnar is said to have been upset that he had to go and travel all the way to South Africa, "only to wrestle Hardcore Holly", as opposed to wrestling in a more high-profile match. The general consensus in the locker room was that the whole tour of SA was handled wrongly.

Lesnar is also said to be upset that he will be programmed with the Undertaker after WrestleMania is done and dusted. He feels that he is supposed to be the "main event player" of the company, and takes exception to being fed to the "Deadman" once more.

Interestingly enough, The Undertaker's return with his old gimmick has not gone down very well at all in the Smackdown locker room, as many wrestlers feel that his old gimmick always portrayed the wrestler as invincible, and that he didn't "sell" other wrestlers moves. They feel that Smackdown should be moving forward with the new talent, and not reverting to old ideas.

Lesnar is scheduled to work the UK tour after WrestleMania, but it seems that he will be taking time off, after heavy discussions between himself and Vince McMahon. The WWE is not making any post-WrestleMania plans with Lesnar involved, and the company has been told to remove all Lesnar voice-over's fom upcoming show's.

We'll have more on this story, as it develops.

John Cena Injured

During an appearance on the "Dale & Neumy Show" on WEEI (850-AM) in Boston, John Cena revealed that he suffered some broken bones in his wrist during his match against The A-Train at the Smackdown Tapings last tuesday. He did say that he would still be working Wrestlemania against The Big Show for the WWE U.S. Championship. With Cena's wrist injured, the WWE may decide to keep him to a strictly non-wrestling role during the Smackdown Tapings tomorrow.

Huge Backstage Heat on Deadman Return

While the lockerroom certainly does not approve of Brock Lesnar's recent attitude, the feeling was that he does have one logical point - the current plans for Undertaker's Deadman revival are overwhelming and not necessarily fair.

As of last week, the plan was for Undertaker to go over Kane in a big way at WrestleMania. He would then move on and destroy Lesnar both on TV and at house shows.

Wrestlers are especially afraid that WWE is going to allow Taker to go through all the heels, before going heel himself and going through all the babyfaces.

Undertaker is respected as a veteran, yet has a track-record of not selling properly.

One wrestler has told sources, "They tell you in the meetings to slow down and sell holds. Now we're supposed to work with a guy who won't sell anything?"

Whoa. With Lesnar AND Goldberg both voicing their disinterest in anything WWE I can already guess what's going to happen during their WMXX match. Stone Cold finally gets revenge and stuns them both. <_<

....and who would let the Dead Man actually lose a WM? He's unbeatable. :angry:

d actually want to see undertaker haul ass. I mean when he was wrestling before he took a rest for a bit he was gettin his ass handed to him by lesnar and others with cheap shots. I want to see him hauling major ass. A lot of his losses were not exactly fai(then agina nothing is since its scripted but still i think he deserves more respect than losing out to someone who cheated to win)

I think he should jsut cooperate more to make the losses against him look reaso=nbable or something

Time to put the WWE rants on hold for a while. Since it's WrestleMania season, let's talk about past WM events.

Q. What was the best WrestleMania you've ever seen, and what was the worst?

My vote:

Being a wrestling fan for over two decades, my all-time favorite WM is WresleMania III (1987), the very first PPV event I saw live (my mom brought me and my sister to the Universal Ampitheater to watch it on closed-circuit TV). The Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant match was pretty good, but what really got me into the PPV was "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat for the Intercontinental title.

Aside from that, I also enjoyed WresleMania VI (1990), when Ultimate Warrior destroyed Hogan for the WWF title. Sure, both men can't sell anyone else's move, but the match was actually watchable.

The worst one I've seen was WrestleMania IX (1993), when Bret "Hitman" Hart lost the WWF title to Yokozuna, simply to let Hogan win the belt again. Next to that was WrestleMania IV (1988), as the championship tournament bored the hell out of me.

I was at Wrestlemania 2 in Chicago. Had 7th row seats. Wrestlemainia 2 took place in 3 locations(New York, Chicago and California) You got watch the other segments on huge screens. Kinda boring actually. It was a ripoff of NWA's Starrcade '84 or 84 IIRC.

Favorite WM moment? I've seen so many of them they are kinda of a blur lol. I'd say Macho Man vs Ricky Steamboat at WM 3 was great. So was when King Bundy beat up the midgets at WM 3 lol.

Hulk Hogan vs Sgt Slaughter(WM 7or 8?) was awful. That was during the first Iraq war and the Sgt turned on the US.

Austin vs Bret Hart where Austin bled and passed out was decent. That was WM 14? and in Chicago too but the rest of the show was terrible. I didn't go to that.

The plot thickens surrounding Brock Lesnar. Most sites are now reporting that Lesnar made an "emotional" speech before the Smackdown tapings last night announcing that he was quitting after Wrestlemania. The kicker is, he is going to attempt a career in the NFL???? I don't see Vinne Mac putting two guys(Goldberg/Lesnar) in a match at 'Mania with both being disgruntled and leaving the company after the match, too risky. I'd say the whole Lesnar thing is a work to try and get some sort of "anything-can-happen" vibe for WM 20. If it is true though, they are in big trouble, well maybe Triple H can work both shows and hold both belts, seeing as his belt is meaningless anyway...

More on Brock Lesnar suposedly leaving the WWE:

We have some items to follow-up on concerning the Brock Lesnar leaving WWE story.

First and foremost, I have gotten some email from people asking me if I think that Brock and Vince McMahon are working an angle on the boys and the internet. Nothing in this business would surprise me, but in talking to a number of people in WWE, no one seemed to be thinking that way. Four people I talked to, that work for the company, said that they hadn’t even considered that it could be a work. They all agreed that if it were a case of those two working the boys, it would cause irreparable damage between the boys and Lesnar/McMahon. Plus, there is nothing to gain from it and Brock has been legitimately miserable of late. Therefore, no one thinks Vince would be stupid enough to do that.

I have also talked to a number of people in the company who think that Brock is insane to think that he can go from being a non-football player to trying out for an NFL team. To say people are stunned at his career choice would be an understatement.

One of the big questions in the locker room is how this will affect Sable, since she is Brock’s significant other. The running joke backstage was Brock would only be allowed to play for a team that allowed Sable to be a cheerleader. Sable was said to be not at all happy backstage yesterday, but not just due to Brock’s announcement. I will have more on that story later today.

From what I have heard, WWE is meeting today to discuss what to do with the Lesnar-Goldberg match. Obviously, with both men leaving after WrestleMania, it puts them in something of a quandary as to how to book the bout. What actually makes the most sense is to put over the non-wrestler in the match, Steve Austin, as the star. Sure, he doesn’t wrestle but at least he will be there next week.

We have some items to follow-up on concerning the Brock Lesnar leaving WWE story.

First and foremost, I have gotten some email from people asking me if I think that Brock and Vince McMahon are working an angle on the boys and the internet. Nothing in this business would surprise me, but in talking to a number of people in WWE, no one seemed to be thinking that way. Four people I talked to, that work for the company, said that they hadn’t even considered that it could be a work. They all agreed that if it were a case of those two working the boys, it would cause irreparable damage between the boys and Lesnar/McMahon. Plus, there is nothing to gain from it and Brock has been legitimately miserable of late. Therefore, no one thinks Vince would be stupid enough to do that.

I have also talked to a number of people in the company who think that Brock is insane to think that he can go from being a non-football player to trying out for an NFL team. To say people are stunned at his career choice would be an understatement.

One of the big questions in the locker room is how this will affect Sable, since she is Brock’s significant other. The running joke backstage was Brock would only be allowed to play for a team that allowed Sable to be a cheerleader. Sable was said to be not at all happy backstage yesterday, but not just due to Brock’s announcement. I will have more on that story later today.

From what I have heard, WWE is meeting today to discuss what to do with the Lesnar-Goldberg match. Obviously, with both men leaving after WrestleMania, it puts them in something of a quandary as to how to book the bout. What actually makes the most sense is to put over the non-wrestler in the match, Steve Austin, as the star. Sure, he doesn’t wrestle but at least he will be there next week.

WWE is doomed at this rate. There won't be much of anyone left to match Undertaker's show performance now that dark undertaker will be back. Dark days for the WWE are ahead. I wanted to see Goldberg tackle an Undertaker bout before he left too. :(

*snip*

Well as our resident WWE corospondent, what are your thoughts on this A7? Particularly this part:

They all agreed that if it were a case of those two working the boys, it would cause irreparable damage between the boys and Lesnar/McMahon

How would that be any worse than the current policy that "Everybody must job to HHH because he's f*cking Stephanie McMahon?"

On another note, Molly Holly visited my workplace this past Tuesday. Unfortunately I'm off on Tuesdays and had prior engagements to attend to (Buying a few games.... :D ). But from what I was told, she was the nicest guest to came by there. Jeff Jarrett also visited a few months ago. And while he was cool with me, he seemed bored to death. Not so with Molly. She was cheerfull, signing, posing for pics, and even ordered a cheesesteak from the cafe. On of my coworkers couldn't stop talking about her butt for some strange reason. He kept sayin it was an apple bottom :)

another report of Lesnar leaving the WWE to the NFL from FoxSports.com

WWE's Lesnar might bolt for NFL

WWE superstar Brock Lesnar could be leaving the world of professional wrestling to pursue a career in the NFL.

If a report on PWInsider.com is accurate, Lesnar, 26, announced Tuesday night that he was leaving the WWE after this Sunday's Wrestlemania XX in Madison Square Garden.

Lesnar, who at 6 foot 4, 295 pounds certainly has a body for the NFL, was an NCAA champion wrestler at the University of Minnesota.

An Associated Press report in September 2002 said Lesnar turned down tryout offers from the Tampa Bay Bucs and Washington Redskins, opting instead to sign a developmental contract with the WWE. He joined the company shortly after graduating in 2000 and made his debut just after WrestleMania XVIII in 2002.

Coincidentally, Lesnar's match at this year's Wrestlemania is against Goldberg, who played for the Atlanta Falcons briefly and is also expected to leave the company after the match.

The trend of football players entering the professional wrestling world is nothing new. Steve McMichael was a Bears' lineman. The late Brian Pillman once played for the Bengals. Dwayne Johnson, better known as The Rock, was a star at the University of Miami before a back injury cost him a shot at the NFL.

Johnson and Goldberg even became bona fide stars in their new professions (Johnson having since made another transition into legitimate Hollywod action hero).

That's not even including gridiron greats like Lawrence Taylor and Kevin Greene, who made special appearances in the ring.

And these guys did it with no actual wrestling experience, although Johnson's father and grandfather were early WWF legends.

But the reverse -- a wrestler becoming a pro football player despite no experience -- is unheard of.

The football players that have made the transition have two of the basic qualities necessary for a wrestling career: impressive physiques and a high threshold for pain. Those same qualities aren't nearly enough to make the cut in the NFL.

So what makes Lesnar think he can be the first?

Maybe it's the time he spent working out with veteran NFL guard Corbin Lacina in the 2003 off-season. If the report is accurate, then someone is obviously telling Lesnar he has a shot (and remember, this could be the WWE putting one over on all of us before their marquee event.)

Maybe he figures someone will give him the chance to learn on the job. After all, that's what he's done with the WWE and he went straight to the top there.

Which brings up one more question: Why would he want to leave the company that seems intent on making him a star?

According to the original reports, Lesnar has grown tired of the demanding schedule. There's no off-season in the WWE, the only way to get an extended break is to get badly injured or to become a celebrity in another field a la The Rock

And Golberg news

Goldberg is already looking into his future now that his career with WWE is about to come to an end. The Winnipeg Sun is reporting that Goldberg has been signed to make an appearance as a color commentator for an upcoming PPV entitled Battle of the Hockey Gladiators where hockey players will fight on the ice to try and win $100,000.

[source: PWInsider.com]

And some backsatge fights at the Smackdown tapings lol

Last night’s events before the SmackDown tapings did not completely revolve around Brock Lesnar leaving the company. There were two incidents backstage that are well worth mentioning.

The first altercation was between the Big Show and Ron Simmons. Apparently Big Show has begun to consider himself the locker room leader for the SmackDown brand and has been doing things such as standing up to Johnny Ace. Yesterday nothing was different, as Big Show was making a point about something when Simmons basically told him to sit down and shut up. The two men faced off and had to be separated.

Torrie Wilson and Sable were involved in some sort of screaming match backstage that lasted for at least 30 minutes. Apparently the two were upset over something that started at a Playboy party that the women attended last weekend. Jim Ross and a production guy broke the two up.

Sable Leaving WWE With Brock Lesnar? Details >>

[source: PWInsider.com]

Edited by dejr8bud