The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

On another note, Molly Holly visited my workplace this past Tuesday. But from what I was told, she was the nicest guest to come by there.

That's exactly what Ivory said when she visited RVD's 5-Star Comics. I myself can't wait to meet Molly later this year.

Earlier tonight on SmackDown!:

- Like anyone paid attention to the matches...

- At the end of the show, Paul Heyman led majority of the roster to the ring entrance, using them as a blockade against Austin. Brock Lesnar then entered the ring on Austin's ATV. He then challenged Austin to come over. Austin's music hit before he drove his pickup at the entrance. He then walked towards the ring, where he was blocked by the wrestlers. Then, without warning, they backed up like Moses parted the Red Sea. Austin proceeded until he faced Big Show. They both had a staredown until Show pointed at Lesnar and told Austin to get him. All the SmackDown! wrestlers then left while Austin confronted Lesnar. The Rattlesnake then took back his ATV, but before leaving, he went back at ringside to exchange blows with Lesnar. During the melee, Austin rammed Lesnar's forehead against the ring post, busting him up wide open. Then in the ring, Lesnar caught him in the F-5, but Austin blocked it and attempted a Stunner. Lesnar avoided it and ran off. Afterwards, Austin packed up his ATV and did his usual beer swig.

So Austin CAN still wrestle :lol:

They did a much better job selling Wrestlemania on Smackdown than Raw's pitiful attempt. Not having to listen to HHH and evolution's crap raised it up a big notch.

Apparently some people may want to split the cost 3 ways, so I might end up watching it if that's the case afterall. I'll see how that plays out this weekend. There's no way I was going to pay 50 bucks by myself.

Actually, he looked really slow and sloppy with the limited stuff he did do which consisted of only 3 of his grand repetoire of moves which I will list:

right punch

left punch

clothesline

kick

Stone Cold Stunner

So to reiterate, he threw around ten right punches, then a kick to Lesnar's stomach.... hmmm, what usually follows after Austin kicks anyone in the stomach???... hmmm... OOOO OOOO!! A Stone Cold Stunner!! Oh, but he didn't land the stunner, so he scored a grand total of ten sloppy right punches. I'm glad I didn't miss the end of Smackdown. :rolleyes:

Actually, he looked really slow and sloppy with the limited stuff he did do which consisted of only 3 of his grand repetoire of moves which I will list:

right punch

left punch

clothesline

kick

Stone Cold Stunner

So to reiterate, he threw around ten right punches, then a kick to Lesnar's stomach.... hmmm, what usually follows after Austin kicks anyone in the stomach???... hmmm... OOOO OOOO!! A Stone Cold Stunner!! Oh, but he didn't land the stunner, so he scored a grand total of ten sloppy right punches. I'm glad I didn't miss the end of Smackdown. :rolleyes:

What no double finger? :lol:

Ah I can barely watch Smackdown. I watched about the first 20-30 minutes last night.

What no double finger? :lol:

Nope. In fact through Austin's whole ten minute apperance on Smackdown he didn't say a single line of dialogue. He just drove onto the ramp, gave most of the Smackdown crew the staredown, exchanged sloppy blows (no pun intended) with Lesnar, drank a few beers and left. :blink:

Last-minute news before WrestleMania XX begins tonight:

Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan Appearing at WMXX?

This information was sent in to us by an anonymous source. Take this as you will.....

hello. i am a big fan of your website. im a police

officer for nypd out of the 50th pct in the bronx,

assigned to special duty for tommarrow night's event

at the garden. after recieving our itenerary for

tommarrows events, i can confirm that bret the hitman

hart will be there. i have also heard from others that

hulk hogan is said to arrive in new york tommarrow

morning from jfk. i cannot reveal my indentity because

we have been "sworn to secrecy" so to speak. please

keep this on the down low. thank you, and keep up the

good work.

Diamond Dallas Page to Return

SHADOWEMN called in to last night's Squared Circle: ToPWrestling Radio Show and told us that someone would be "pulling a Terry Funk" and return to the ring!!!! That person is none other than DDP!!!!! Find out more information about this breaking news later this week.

Credit: ToPWrestling.com Exclusive

Ladies and gentleman, today was a good day in the world of professional wrestling. WrestleMania XX had some good matches and some bad matches, but in the end, nothing was more satisfying than seeing Triple-H tap out.

WWE WrestleMania XX Results

WWE U.S. Championship

John Cena destroyed Big Show with the F-U to become the new U.S. Champion.

WWE RAW Tag Team Championship - Fatal Four-Way

Rob Van Dam & Booker T. successfully retained the titles after RVD destroyed Renee Dupree with the Five-Star Frog Splash.

Christian rolled up Chris Jericho for the pin after Trish Stratus hit Y2J.

Evolution def. the Rock & Sock Connection after Randy Orton did an RKO on Mick Foley.

Playboy Evening Gown Match

Sable & Torrie Wilson def. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Open

Chavo Guerrero won the Open after pinning Rey Mysterio. Highlight of the match was Ultimo Dragon slipping at the TitanTron ramp and slipping again on the turnbuckles. :lol::lol::lol:

Ego vs. Ego

I don't know with you guys, but the Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg match sucked ass. Too many blown spots resulted in chants of "BORING!" and "THIS MATCH SUCKS!" from the crowd. In the end, Goldberg speared and jackhammered Lesnar for the pin. After the match, when Lesnar got up, the crowd chanted, "NA-NA-NA-NA, HEY-HEY, GOODBYE!" Lesnar responded with two fingers at the crowd, then at Austin. He got a Stunner for his troubles. Then Austin and Goldberg celebrated in the ring with the usual beer swigs before Austin gave Goldberg a Stunner.

WWE SmackDown! Tag Team Championship - Fatal Four-Way

Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi successfully retained the titles after Rikishi sat on one of the Bashams.

WWE Women's Championship - Hair vs. Title

Victoria landed a quick slide pin on Molly Holly. After the match, Molly tried to run away, but Victoria grabbed her and dragged her to the barber's chair. Molly knocked Victoria and put her on the chair, but before she could shave off Victoria's hair, Victoria sprayed some Aqua Net on Molly's face. She then knocked out Molly and tied her to the barber's chair. Molly was still being scalped when the next match began.

WWE SmackDown! Championship

Kurt Angle had Eddie Guerrero locked in the ankle lock, but Eddie used his lower body strength to pull Angle out of the ring. While the referee was counting Angle out, Eddie unlaced his left boot. When Angle went back in, he went for the ankle lock again, but Eddie pulled his foot out of his boot. A surprised angle found himself caught in a small package pin. Eddie retains the title.

The Return of the Phenom

After Kane made his entrance, the lights went out. Paul Bearer made his return with a group of torch-bearing druids behind him. The Undertaker made his much-awaited return. Though he was still wearing his biker getup, he had his old-school leather hat and trenchcoat. Taker finished off Kane with the Tombstone.

World Heavyweight Championship - Triple-Threat

Despite the overblown egos of Triple-H and Shawn Michaels, this match left everyone in suspense. Towards the end, HBK prepared to give Chris Benoit some Sweet Chin Music, but Benoit reversed it and threw HBK out of the ring. HHH attempted to give Benoit the Pedigree, but Benoit reversed it to a Crossface. HHH attempted to grab the ropes, but Benoit rolled him towards the center of the ring, tightening his grip until HHH did the unthinkable...

...he tapped out.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Chris Benoit is your new World Heavyweight Champion!

Edited by areaseven

Official word from WWE.com:

Brock Lesnar Opts to Put WWE Career on Hold

Brock Lesnar has made a personal decision to put his WWE career on hold to prepare to tryout for the National Football League this season. Brock has wrestled his entire professional career in the WWE and we are proud of his accomplishments and wish him the best in his new endeavor.

All in all it was a pretty satisfying Wrestlemania. It certainly went a long way towards making up for all the crap matches fans have enured for the past year or so. I honestly never thought HHH would drop the title, especially to Benoit. Lets just hope that tonights RAW is about Benoit (and rightfully so) and not about HHH bitching about losing "his" title.

WM 20 was alright. Worst match of the night, considering the hype, was Goldberg vs Lesnar. Just awful. Nothing really happened. I love NYC crowds. They were giving those two crap the whole match.

While not a bad match, I guess the Christian, Trish and Jericho angle will continue...typical woman lol

I'm glad fat Foley lost. That match was decent. Why was grandpa Flair even in the match? I love the guy but its time to hang it up. I think in a real fight, Batista could beat the crap out of Foley and the Rock by himself.

The only really good Smackdown brand match was Guerrero vs Angle.

Kane vs Undertaker was good. Hopefully Undertaker stays this way for awhile.

The main event had some real good spots in it. HHH reminds of me Lex Luger. I'm glad Benoit won. But knowing the WWE he'll have the belt for a month.

The Hall of Fame ceremony was missing someone....Hulk Hogan. Not a big fan or anything but he's the one who took wrestling into the mainstream in the mid 80's.

Others could have been Jimmy Superfly Snuka or Andre the Giant. Pete Rose being in there as a "celebrity" is a joke. He's just friends with McMahon. Who's next , Mike Tyson?

Edited by dejr8bud

Sounds like it was a good PPV in general. Shame about the Goldberg Lesnar match though. So is it official yet the Goldberg is leaving too or not yet?

Since HHH had to lose, I'm not at all surprized that Rock and Sock lost to Evolution, though I hope the stop treating Foley as Orton's bitch. Enough is enough already.

Now that older school undertaker is back maybe he can bring Kane back to how he should be. One can hope.

Forgot to mention that WWE officially announced today that WresleMania 21 will take place next year at the Staples Center here in Los Angeles, CA. At all costs, I will get front row seats along with the TOPWRESTLING.com crew.

Man, How much do front row seats run? And I'll probably have to camp out in front of staples center if i want to get any tickets. not just front row.

Since HHH had to lose, I'm not at all surprized that Rock and Sock lost to Evolution, though I hope the stop treating Foley as Orton's bitch. Enough is enough already.

Now that older school undertaker is back maybe he can bring Kane back to how he should be. One can hope.

Evolution won merely because Orton is sucking up to HHH.

Undertaker is going back to SmackDown! while Kane stays on RAW.

I'm glad Benoit won. But knowing the WWE he'll have the belt for a month.

Well, next month's PPV, Backlash will be in Edmonton, Alberta. The main event has already been planned to be Benoit vs. HHH. But will Benoit walk into his home turf as champion? He most likely will, but the worst case scenario would be that he will lose the title to HHH within the five episodes of RAW before the PPV, and he'll be chasing the title again.

I'm glad Benoit won. But knowing the WWE he'll have the belt for a month.

Well, next month's PPV, Backlash will be in Edmonton, Alberta. The main event has already been planned to be Benoit vs. HHH. But will Benoit walk into his home turf as champion? He most likely will, but the worst case scenario would be that he will lose the title to HHH within the five episodes of RAW before the PPV, and he'll be chasing the title again.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Backlash is normally one of their worst PPVs of the year. We'll probably a see similar matches from WM 20 on RAW tonight lol

Undertaker is going back to SmackDown! while Kane stays on RAW.

Damn :(

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- "Hello, ladies!" Val Venis reprised his old-school gimmick of letting some hot chick from ringside pull off his towel. He got beat up by Kane afterwards.

- Nearly four months of developing a supposed love triangle resulted in a disgruntled Y2J and a heel Trish Stratus. This makes no sense at all. Wait a minute - it didn't make sense in the first place!

- Another beatdown on La Resistance by Stone Cold. Yawn.

- The Miss Jackie/Stacy Keibler cat fight was interrupted by Vinnie Mac, who announced that WresleMania was the beginning of an all-new WWE. Next week, Superstars from both RAW and SmackDown! will be on RAW for a special lottery to determine their fates.

I like the lotterey idea. Its no secert both shows were becoming stale.

The only thing I hope they do is keep the tag teams together if they switch shows. The Dudley Boyz and the APA were terrible/unoticeable as full time single wrestlers. Devon Dudley was turned into a priest who managed Batista.

Last night's RAW eh nothing great but nothing terrible either. Best match of the evening was RVD/Booker T vs The Dudley Boyz. I know the angle blows, but I kinda like Trish as heel.... ;)

Latest injury updates (if you count implant leakage as an injury) from TOPWRESTLING.COM:

Eddie Guerrero was experiencing some soreness in his legs at last night’s SmackDown house show. According to sources backstage, the soreness was just from exertion and fatigue from his WrestleMania match against Kurt Angle and is no significant injury.

Jamie Noble hurt some ligaments in his knee at WrestleMania and despite having some pain was able to work his match at the house show last night.

Sable was unable to attend last night’s SmackDown house show due to one of her breast implants leaking. Apparently the implant was leaking before ‘Mania but she went ahead and worked her match anyways. Nevertheless she will undergo a procedure to get the problem fixed and will be just fine.

Torrie Wilson and Nidia were said to be very sick with what some are saying is a very bad cold. However, they were both troopers so to speak and worked their match anyways at last night’s house show.

Could Kurt Angle be gone from wrestling for good?

The backstage attitude concerning Kurt Angle’s recent numbness in his hands is not very optimistic. Many within the company expect that the tests will reveal that he will need to undergo surgery on his surgically repaired neck.

The situation is being taken very serious, as most understand that if Angle does undergo surgery again, there is a good possibility that it will be career ending and Angle will be forced to retire.

Several people backstage have said that Angle hasn’t been his usual happy self backstage and is not in high spirits. The threat of his wrestling career being over is definitely taking its toll on him emotionally.

Whether or not Angle chooses to retire remains to be seen. Stay tuned to ToP for further details concerning the situation.

That would be a damn shame if Angle had to retire now.

Sable was unable to attend last night’s SmackDown house show due to one of her breast implants leaking. Apparently the implant was leaking before ‘Mania but she went ahead and worked her match anyways. Nevertheless she will undergo a procedure to get the problem fixed and will be just fine.

Talk about dedication :D

Brock Lesnar was on a radio station this morning in Minneapolis talking about his potential future in the NFL. He said he was pretty unhappy in the WWE for the past year due to all the traveling and it was difficult for him to be away from his family. He even bought his own airplane hoping to cut down on the amount of travel but still ended up being on the road for 3 weeks at a time.

He heads down to Phoenix in a couple of days to do a month of training and then will hopefully get a tryout somewhere. He was all state in high school as a football player and while he was in school as a wrestler at the University of Minnesota, the head coach offered him a spot on the team.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

The backstage attitude concerning Kurt Angle’s recent numbness in his hands is not very optimistic. Many within the company expect that the tests will reveal that he will need to undergo surgery on his surgically repaired neck.

The situation is being taken very serious, as most understand that if Angle does undergo surgery again, there is a good possibility that it will be career ending and Angle will be forced to retire.

Several people backstage have said that Angle hasn’t been his usual happy self backstage and is not in high spirits. The threat of his wrestling career being over is definitely taking its toll on him emotionally.

Whether or not Angle chooses to retire remains to be seen. Stay tuned to ToP for further details concerning the situation.

When Angle went through his first neck surgery, my opinion was that he should stop wrestling and go on and enjoy life (and his health) either doing other work in the wrestling business or some other line of work.

Now that he is having neck related problems again, I can not find too much sympathy for him.

What some of these wrestlers do to themselves just to get a few moments on TV or to be in front of some big crowd of people simply is not worth it...

I remember when Austin and Angle were both injured about a year or two ago. They were still on Smackdown and were relegated to comic relief, thank god they have great mic skills or I'd have to shoot myself.

Anyone remember Stone Cold buying Angle that stupid (and tiny) cowboy hat. :D

Anyone remember Stone Cold buying Angle that stupid (and tiny) cowboy hat. :D

Wasn't as bad as Austin picking up a guitar and singing.

"Here's a little song my dad used to sing to me, and it'll make you feel better, Vince."

(Strums guitar)

"Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya..."

Wasn't as bad as Austin picking up a guitar and singing.

"Here's a little song my dad used to sing to me, and it'll make you feel better, Vince."

(Strums guitar)

"Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya..."

Heh. Back when Austin was doing singin' heel bit, he came to town for a house show and lost to then-champion Angle. He laid there in the ring for a few minutes while Angle made his exit, then motioned for a mic and began explaining to the audience how he lost because he was tired and confused. He then "sang" for us for a while before leaving the ring to insult some fans. It was all good.