Priest

The popular manhwa by Hyung Min-woo gets the live-action treatment this May. Priest is directed by Scott Stewart (Legion) and stars Paul Bettany (Jarvis in Iron Man 1-2, Michael in Legion) as Priest, Cam Gigandet (James in Twilight, Ryan in Never Back Down) as Hicks, Maggie Q (Mai Linh in Live Free or Die Hard, Mai Shiranui in The King of Failures) as Priestess, and Karl Urban (McCoy in Star Trek, Éomer in The Lord of the Rings) as Black Hat. The film is produced by Screen Gems and Tokyopop, and will hit theaters on May 13.

Official Site

post-237-0-78650300-1300691373_thumb.jpg

It's got Maggie Q(ute) so I might have to watch it. If it sucks, I'll just rewrite the movie in my head with Blade dropping in and killing everyone...

• 1 month later...

I did not like Legion enough to see it in the theater, but I did see Priest. It has more potential than Legion. But better than Blade its not. Maybe when part 2 comes out?

IF it gets a part 2 at all. Chances are, this movie will just tank at the box office.

Saw it for free and I still felt like I got screwed. Don't waste your time in this. The imagery at least had potential and yet the still managed to f it up. Daybreakers is a lot better that this thing. Hell, even Legion was better.

Saw it for free and I still felt like I got screwed. Don't waste your time in this. The imagery at least had potential and yet the still managed to f it up. Daybreakers is a lot better that this thing. Hell, even Legion was better.

Legion was bad... how can this one worst than that?! (I like Daybreakers...)

Should I waste my time and money? :unsure:

All I think of when I see the commercials is "generic."

My thoughts exactly. These kinds of movies now all look the same to me.

Might watch it one day when it's on tv. Maybe.

No surprise here, especially since this movie is by the same people who did Legion last year.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 20%

So, basically the same crap. I didn't even bother to watch that one and I'm not going to watch this one.

What really bugs me about these movies is that we're never going to see a Hellsing movie because of them.

Edited by s001