Animated cartoon "Macross 30" TV production hope!

Mari-ja

There's no way you could remotely put Gurren Lagann and Macross 7 on the same page in forms of Epicness. Macross Frontier was close. I highly doubt Macross 7 has anything on those two series.

My reference was pertaining to the outlook on life of 2 of the main characters in said series and the general mood that it creates.

You'd have to watch Macross 7 to understand what I mean.

There's no way you could remotely put Gurren Lagann and Macross 7 on the same page in forms of Epicness. Macross Frontier was close. I highly doubt Macross 7 has anything on those two series.

Kick common sense to the curb to make the impossible possible? Rap is a man's soul? Did you even watch Gurren Lagann? :)

Kick common sense to the curb to make the impossible possible? Rap is a man's soul? Did you even watch Gurren Lagann? :)

Who cares? The important thing is that Crucio hasn't listened to Basara's song.

Me, I listened to it this afternoon, walking all the way to Sasazuka Station. By the time I got there, my Spiritia Level was OFF THE CHARTS!!

*sigh* Well I can tell you all love M7.

Lol.

Hmmm, well I might just watch it eventually when I'm really bored.

Any news on new projects? :p If only Macross could have as many projects as Gundam has, would be nice. But it would also suck and be repetitive I suppose.

And you've never seen it.

Lol.

Its the only Macross animation I've yet to go through. Except Macross II. Skipped that one. :| I was given a choice between Frontier and 7. I mean cmon.

Edited by Crucio

As for Macross7, you really have to switch your mindset to watch it and not compare it to the other series. It is much sillier and more monster-of-the-week style than the other macross series. I have the strange opinion that it is a parody of mecha anime and macross in particular. But, there is a lot to like about it. Some of the battle scenes are awesome and Max and Millia are great to see, especially when they fly their custome VF-22. And Gamlin is one of my favourite Macross characters.

Back on topic. I really doubt there will be any Macross production for the 30th. That's next year and there hasn't been any news about it. I kinda remember when Frontier was in development, and i'm pretty sure we got confirmation at least a year in advance.

As for Macross7, you really have to switch your mindset to watch it and not compare it to the other series. It is much sillier and more monster-of-the-week style than the other macross series. I have the strange opinion that it is a parody of mecha anime and macross in particular. But, there is a lot to like about it. Some of the battle scenes are awesome and Max and Millia are great to see, especially when they fly their custome VF-22. And Gamlin is one of my favourite Macross characters.

The thing about Macross 7 is, it's not a mecha show with some music...it's a music show with some mecha...

Back on topic. I really doubt there will be any Macross production for the 30th. That's next year and there hasn't been any news about it. I kinda remember when Frontier was in development, and i'm pretty sure we got confirmation at least a year in advance.

...and Macross Frontier was in development about the same time that Macross Zero was wrapping up...so yeah...I agree. No new Macross for the 30th.

If Code Geass and Evangelion get to be mecha shows, then Macross 7 is a mecha show :3

True...but SAYING it's a mecha seems to indicate to people that that it's also "gritty" and "dark," which isn't the case here.

(Never mind that the original Macross also isn't "gritty" or "dark," and neither are things like Xabungle...but that's western fandom for you...)

At any rate, it's easier just to say "It isn't a mecha show" and let people figure it out for themselves from there.

Yeah but that bit in Macross the First is just pure fanservice. Putting a Destroid as the main mecha would mean it would be powered up to Gundam levels and be just like every other mecha show.

Destroids have never been in the show for any other reason than to have more mecha to merchandise. And then later on it was just for tradition.

Yeah but the Monster just shoots stuff.

They had to make it a Valkyrie just to make it relevant again. In Plus it gets blown up and in 7 it destroyed the world trade center.

You could say the same thing about the Macross Cannon Gunships. They are just one part of Battle 7 or Battle Frontier and all they do is shoot stuff (awesomely). Macross wouldn't be as good without them. Admittedly, part of what makes them so awesome is that they are rarely used (much like the Monster) so I get to enjoy the anticipation. I still get chills when I see the Monster coming on to the aircraft carrier deck in Macross Zero. I don't think anyone called that.

To put us back on topic though, I want the next Macross production (be it OVA or series) to have lots of destroids, Macross cannons, Itano Circus and Dakka dakka in general.

I hope we hear something soon. I hope Yoko Kanno is involved too. I love the Plus soundtrack, but Frontier is probably her strongest Macross work to date IMO.

What our esteemed mod is saying is that if he had a dime for every time someone demanded more about the Megaroad-01 then he'd have a lot of dimes.

Officially, the Megaroad-01 went missing around 2016. In reality, Kawamori just does not want to deal with their fates after that.

What our esteemed mod is saying is that if he had a dime for every time someone demanded more about the Megaroad-01 then he'd have a lot of dimes.

Officially, the Megaroad-01 went missing around 2016. In reality, Kawamori just does not want to deal with their fates after that.

He didn't want to deal with Macross at all, at one point - and now look...

Frankly, if the next show makes a casual reference that contact with Megaroad-01 has been re-established, and no further updates are given I would love it. Would drive some people nuts though.

[edit] - It would be best as some kind of background news announcement as a character walks by a TV "In other news the long lost Megaroad-01 ship and crew has been found secure in..." Then the characters walk on by and no further mention is made of it.

Edited by Dynaman

Yeah but it seems like the Megaroad-01 stuff came after he was already back into Macross.

I don't really see the big deal anyway. The ultimate fate of the Megaroad-01 is never stated on screen to my knowledge so unless you're digging it's even less of an issue.

One-line cover ups and teh lame

Yeah but it seems like the Megaroad-01 stuff came after he was already back into Macross.

I don't really see the big deal anyway. The ultimate fate of the Megaroad-01 is never stated on screen to my knowledge so unless you're digging it's even less of an issue.

One-line cover ups and teh lame

Frontier did have two little references to it, at least. One being Megaroad-01's course in the first episode, ending abruptly, the other being Bilrar's motivations for the entire operation...