1/48 VF-1J Fastpacks out already?

Escaflown4

That's just beautiful.....this is my favorite valk from the entire Macross series. I can hardly wait, this will be my first 1/48.

A bit off topic but the 1/48's don't come "sealed" do they? I think I remember reading that in one of the other posts here. The reason I ask is because I typically keep all things MISB, but if the 1/48's don't come sealed, there will be no problems opening it up. :D

IIRC Graham said he already has his. I'm just buying the regular VF-1J with no FP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=16467

The non-FP version has the better box IMHO. And it looks like the non-FP version also gets the TV-style hands. I might just have to get both now. How can I possibly be expected to afford all of this :( ?

IIRC Graham said he already has his. I'm just buying the regular VF-1J with no FP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=16467

The non-FP version has the better box IMHO. And it looks like the non-FP version also gets the TV-style hands. I might just have to get both now. How can I possibly be expected to afford all of this :( ?

Both the VF-1J's come with the TV style hands, it is not limited to the non-FP version.

Who ever bought that got a sweet price. I'm curious to know how this guy got one in the states so fast.

If your interested he has more.I have went through this seller before but it was some time ago.Anywho here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3159393943

Yeah! I was just surfing Ebay and saw those. Along, with the other seller who has pics posted in the other thread. I really don't think he is in the US though. Shipping rates are too high.

I've gotta get one of these. Where are the pics out of the box? I've been searching and can't find any. I couldn't even find them on Yamato's site.

The pic of the fighter without the FP's look sexy! For some reason I only like the armor on Hikarus 1j in battroid.

Edited by scand

Damn I keep telling myself I'm gonna resist this. And I think the Super VF-1J's box is incredible. Reminds me of the Club-M, I think. With the weapons layout, etc.

I also like the blue one. Reminiscent of the Low-Viz but in a new scheme. Definately like it. Damn, might not be able to resist... we'll see.

The 1/48 VF-1J Super is a pretty amazing toy. I think you will all love it. No QC problems, great head sculpt and pilot sculpt and the TV hands are simply amazing. They look so good.

Not sure how that guy got pics for his auctions, as I'm not even sure if the toys are out in Japan yet (Monkey Nugget do you know?). I haven't seen them on any Japanese toy site yet, which is strange as some sites like Noda-ya usually update every day.

The toys are not on sale in HK toy shops yet. When I checked yesterday at several branches of Animate and Kanto Hobby,they said the earliest they would be getting stock is this Friday 28th November, or possibly early next week (Mon 1st December).

Graham

Well, you would think if they are out in Japan already, they would be showing up on Yahoo Japan auctions. So I just went to check and found only 2 auctions listing the 1/48 VF-1J.

However, both auctions are only showing stock photos from the Yamato website. No box pics at all, which makes me think they are not out yet. Usually once a toy is released, you will see lots of auctions on Yahoo Japan.

Graham

I asked this question elsewhere but no reply, so I'll ask here again.

Is the colour of the Fast Pack the same or different from the individual selling Fast Pack? I thought it would be different colour scheme as from what I saw from the web earlier on. Grey or something. But now it looks like the same green to me. Can anyone confirm?

Neova, please , send us some pict with the fast pack out of the box, ( the fast pack with the vf1j and the normal fast pack set) in your pict they look to be the same color :|

I prefer "real" pict than exhibition pict where their #$*!^@ stickers border are photoshoped :))

Neova, please , send us some pict with the fast pack out of the box, ( the fast pack with the vf1j and the normal fast pack set) in your pict they look to be the same color :|

I prefer "real" pict than exhibition pict where their #$*!^@ stickers border are photoshoped :))

Well, even if they are the same color (which I don't think they are), they're still different in sculpt.

Since these are my first Yamatos, I finally opened the boxes and decided to share some pics.

A big correction on my part is that the FPs are different in color. The VF-1J's FP have more grey-blue tones making the DYRL FPs appear a tad green in comparison. Also, you'll all be happy to know the trigger finger hand did not have the thumb amputated. AFAI can tell, the sculpts for both FPs are the same except for the arm cannons. I got the VF-1J FP combo knowing I would have gotten the FP anyways and to save shelf / storage space. I would gladly trade my VF-1S and FB boxes for a VF-1J combo box. These things are HUGE.

BTW: For all of you 1/48 owners out there without FP, I HIGHLY recommend you get at least 1 set. I was initially skeptical about dropping 50+ bones for few pieces of plastic but after close examination, these are not simply a "few pieces of plastic". The detail is very nice and feel a tad hefty. My VF-1S doesn't feel so incomplete anymore.

Enjoy the pictures and I'll try to answer any questions:

DYRL FP booster compared to TV FP booster